Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Detroit Weather Alerts, Warnings and Advisories: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Detroit Weather Alerts, Warnings and Advisories: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Feather Man
I hope you packin' some protection.....

You won;t be the first, and you won't be the last......
Oh, I bet she is as clean as a spring morning...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta - PM / MM, UA 1K Starwood-Gold
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
BTW, that sushi spot is pretty good. Not sure what happened in that tunnel, but I think I may have had an acid flashback...
I've had a flashback there myself......

Or it could have been the 4 tequilas in the Crown....Ohpps the Sky Skank Club
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:42 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Where ... is a good Marriott?
This is a contradiction in terms!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYBanker
This is a contradiction in terms!
Just on a lark... are you the dude I met in Osa, CR?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:49 pm

Were you the one tapping your foot in the men's bathroom ?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:55 pm

Most airport hotels, including the Westin and Marriott, are sold out this evening. The Holiday Inn, which is a brand new hotel, is $129 and an excellent choice. The Metropolitan Hotel (de-branded from Doubletree two years ago) is $59 and while older, a solid option. The Embassy Suites (renovated last year) and Sheraton (re-branded from Crowne Plaza last month) are both $129. Those are the only ones I'd personally recommend.

The Detroit-area's had unusual weather lately. We had two large trees (the roots are bigger than a large SUV) fall in our backyard. A trio of clean-up estimates were around $5,000. If the damn thing would've hit my house, homeowner's insurance would've taken care of it .

DTW has a unique brand of Yankees....Keep your eye open for Madonna, the pride of DTW
You must be very old. Kid Rock and Eminem have co-reigned as the pride of Detroit since I was in high school (which was a ong time ago).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bagels
You must be very old. Kid Rock and Eminem have co-reigned as the pride of Detroit since I was in high school (which was a ong time ago).
Yes, I am very old. And I stand (humbly corrected)

Is your mom or an equally old friend attached ?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
What did my hat say?

No...that wasn't me.

If you find your way to NY, however, let me know...drinks are on me. More than a few of your posts have really made me laugh.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:10 pm

Were you the one tapping your foot in the men's bathroom ?
Who I subsequently met at the Marriott?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:12 pm

Yes, I am very old. And I stand (humbly corrected)

Is your mom or an equally old friend attached ?
Yes. My sister, who's 24-years older than me, was a huge Madonna fan. Thankfully she never took me to any Madonna concerts although when I was six she took me to a Michael Jackson show. And no, I wasn't invited to Neverland Ranch . Guess I was an ugly kid...

For the record, Madonna couldn't sell out her most recent Ford Field show whereas Kid Rock routinely sells out multiple Ford Field / Comerica Park shows. (Although I've never understood why. Nor could he sell out a 5,000-seat show in NYC.)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYBanker
What did my hat say?

No...that wasn't me.

If you find your way to NY, however, let me know...drinks are on me. More than a few of your posts have really made me laugh.
Ok, I met some rich, new money dude down there with your creds... he ended up in a fireball of jejo and hookers... I may have saved his life...

I will PM you next time I am up there and will buy you the second round...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bagels
Most airport hotels, including the Westin and Marriott, are sold out this evening. The Holiday Inn, which is a brand new hotel, is $129 and an excellent choice. The Metropolitan Hotel (de-branded from Doubletree two years ago) is $59 and while older, a solid option. The Embassy Suites (renovated last year) and Sheraton (re-branded from Crowne Plaza last month) are both $129. Those are the only ones I'd personally recommend.

The Detroit-area's had unusual weather lately. We had two large trees (the roots are bigger than a large SUV) fall in our backyard. A trio of clean-up estimates were around $5,000. If the damn thing would've hit my house, homeowner's insurance would've taken care of it .

Delta put me up at the Metropolitan... I am not there yet.... I have been in 3 different Stans and a good part of Afrique, yet this place for some reason scares me....

Can I cab it to a decent Marriott property? By decent, Fairfield is not in the cards....
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:23 pm

Ok, I met some rich, new money dude down there with your creds... he ended up in a fireball of jejo and hookers... I may have saved his life...
Aikes! Definitely not me, at least not in Osa.

I will PM you next time I am up there and will buy you the second round...
That's a plan.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:28 pm

The current Fairfield DTW is a decent property. It opened in 2008, replacing the former Fairfield which is now a Ramada Inn. That said, the Marriot-branded properties (Marriott, Courtyard, Springfield Suites, Fairfield) are sold out for the evening.

The Metropolitan is old (among the original hotels) but is a decent property. It was branded as a Doubletree most of last decade and is in decent shape. It's not the best place to stay, but it's often the best for the money. For a quick overnight, I wouldn't be concerned - nice, clean rooms with comfortable beds and clean linens. It's literally located next to the runways, but not something to be concerned about this time of night.

Delta put me up at the Metropolitan... I am not there yet.... I have been in 3 different Stans and a good part of Afrique, yet this place for some reason scares me....

Can I cab it to a decent Marriott property? By decent, Fairfield is not in the cards....
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL - Plat Medlln

Marriott in Livonia. about a 15/20 minute ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.