Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Sunday 10/15 w/ 1015pm flight. Arrived at 835. No wait for a shower. Nice surprise.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Really it is outbound, and inbound to a lesser extend, flight times. If you go 1-2 hours before a big bank of flights it's going to be very busy. IE on a Sunday night there is a 10 and 11pm to ATL. An 11pm to DTW. I believe 2 or 3 other redeye with the smallest aircraft being a 739.
I can attest to it getting extremely crowded at peak hours, where it's hard to even get a seat.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:02 am

OK, what's the deal here, this is an outstation but it's the best Skyclub I've been to. I admit I probably haven't visited as many as most here, but this is one of the best domestic lounges I've been in.

Flew the SFO-BOS redeye last night, so probably some advantage to the hour, but no real crowd. I enjoyed the pho bar, and those bbq meatballs aren't bad either after a long day. No wait at all for a shower.

I suppose it might suck when it gets crowded, but that's a nice size lounge with great views.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
OK, what's the deal here, this is an outstation but it's the best Skyclub I've been to.
It's a highly competitive market with a lot of D1 transcons.
ebayj likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by pvn
I was impressed. I figured it was because of the transcons, but it's a few notches above the BOS clubs (where I suppose only one D1 flight per day originates), and at least equivalent to the JFK T4 club. I'm probably picking the DL flight over B6 when I need to do a redeye return just because I thought this lounge improved what is generally a pretty inconvenient flight.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
Welcome back
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I figured it was because of the transcons, but it's a few notches above the BOS clubs (where I suppose only one D1 flight per day originates)...
I find the BOS Sky Clubs pretty nice and certainly appreciate having two. But the SFO lounge is clearly better in terms of design, amenities, and catering.

BOS has several Delta One-equipped routes beyond SFO. There are also daily departures to LHR, CDG, AMS, and DUB, at least in the peak summer season.

...and at least equivalent to the JFK T4 club.
JFK T4 is huge, the Sky Deck is nice, and the waitstaff often helpful and attentive. But I find it otherwise unimpressive, especially considering it was touted as the flagship lounge at launch.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
I find the BOS Sky Clubs pretty nice and certainly appreciate having two. But the SFO lounge is clearly better in terms of design, amenities, and catering.

BOS has several Delta One-equipped routes beyond SFO. There are also daily departures to LHR, CDG, AMS, and DUB, at least in the peak summer season.
Having two is I think where DL is doing a nice job. They could very easily mail it in and just keep one club in the main concourse, rationalizing it with the satellite gates being a 10 minute walk.

I actually hadn't realized DL was running its international flights from A.

JFK T4 is huge, the Sky Deck is nice, and the waitstaff often helpful and attentive. But I find it otherwise unimpressive, especially considering it was touted as the flagship lounge at launch.
It certainly fills up during the evening international rush, that's for sure. But my last time through, the food offerings were above average for a domestic lounge, lots of power, seating, etc. I'd agree it's not particularly impressive overall, but I'd take it over any AA or UA lounge that I've been in. I'm a sucker for the SkyDeck, though.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I actually hadn't realized DL was running its international flights from A.
Yes, all of these flights depart from the Terminal A satellite.

It certainly fills up during the evening international rush, that's for sure. But my last time through, the food offerings were above average for a domestic lounge, lots of power, seating, etc. I'd agree it's not particularly impressive overall, but I'd take it over any AA or UA lounge that I've been in. I'm a sucker for the SkyDeck, though.
The Sky Deck is the highlight, for sure, but I find the rest of the space kind of drab and the restrooms are laughably undersized for the lounge's capacity.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:30 pm

Working in Delta SFO lounge

spent a few futile hours trying to get some work done here

Pros:
⦁ good food selection with frequent turnover of menu
⦁ lots of empty seats in cavernous lounge
⦁ bathroom is clean and also pretty empty

Cons:
⦁ too Noisy. there's literally not a single quiet spot between the noise emanating from: speakers, Kitchen, buffet line, front desk. Work cubicles are right next to kitchen entrance.
⦁ too much staff (ended up contributing to too much noise since they were literally sitting around talking to each other loudly in Spanish at kitchen entrance)
⦁ bathroom is structurally worse design than the one in the concourse, with sink basin too shallow
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by medellinfein
spent a few futile hours trying to get some work done here

Cons:
⦁ too Noisy. there's literally not a single quiet spot between the noise emanating from: speakers, Kitchen, buffet line, front desk. Work cubicles are right next to kitchen entrance.
Noise during travel is to be expected and will never be fully controlled. Always bring your own solution such as noise canceling headphones and earplugs. Also, there are work stations (though without dividers) along the window, farther from the kitchen.

⦁ too much staff (ended up contributing to too much noise since they were literally sitting around talking to each other loudly in Spanish at kitchen entrance)
You appreciate the clean club and the regular food turnover but also think there are too many staff? Why is the language they were speaking relevant here?

⦁ bathroom is structurally worse design than the one in the concourse, with sink basin too shallow
Seriously?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:16 pm

Would I have access to the SkyClub flight SFO-CDG on AF with my Amex platinum? Not many lounge options are open for my 11PM departure, and thinking this may be my best bet for a drink and snack before getting on the plane. I know I'd have to re-clear security, but with clear & pre-check & priority access, I'm not too concerned on timing.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by kthpence
Would I have access to the SkyClub flight SFO-CDG on AF with my Amex platinum? Not many lounge options are open for my 11PM departure, and thinking this may be my best bet for a drink and snack before getting on the plane. I know I'd have to re-clear security, but with clear & pre-check & priority access, I'm not too concerned on timing.
Amex Platinum only grants access to the Sky Club if you are flying Delta, so no. If you have SkyTeam Elite+ status (Delta Gold Medallion or higher, among others) then you could have access by virtue of SkyTeam status.

With the Priority Pass membership via your Amex Plat card, you should be able to access the Air France lounge in the international terminal, unless it is overcrowded and they stop accepting PP entrants.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kthpence
No. Amex Plat card only provides for Sky Club access with DL operated flights or with flights that are operated by WS and marketed by DL. All other partner operated flights are excluded (even if they are marketed by DL).
kthpence likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Amex Platinum only grants access to the Sky Club if you are flying Delta, so no. If you have SkyTeam Elite+ status (Delta Gold Medallion or higher, among others) then you could have access by virtue of SkyTeam status.

With the Priority Pass membership via your Amex Plat card, you should be able to access the Air France lounge in the international terminal, unless it is overcrowded and they stop accepting PP entrants.
I'm flying J, so have access to the AF lounge regardless, but tbh, it's a pretty crummy lounge. Gunna try my luck at the VS lounge and hope space is available upon arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.