Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
Noted...and thank you.

SMI
Oooh, I like that suggestion, especially in foreign/first-time airports, or where DL spans multiple terminals (I'm looking at YOU PHL). Knowing where to go to drop off bags, then where to go for security, and finally where to go for my gate would be really valuable. Plenty of us don't go to the same places every time.

Last edited by BobRoss; Apr 11, 2010 at 12:11 pm
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:25 pm

As a gold who often boards in zone 2, I think it's a very bad idea to allow every elite to board in zone 1. The current process works well, allowing all pax in F to get situated w/o blocking zone 2 elites sitting in coach.

The new boarding policy would be worse for Zone 1 and former Zone 2 boarders. Much better to board 10 min later in zone 2 w/ only 20 other people than have a hoard of 50 trying to board in zone 1 and recreating the zone 3-4 boarding experience, only with a group that flies more often.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by B7e7US
SMI,
Since you didn't address the question that I asked you twice about the skyclub members accessing the SkyPriority security line, and you are not accepting PM's, can you at least point me to the right direction where my question can be answered?

Just don't want to be the guy turned away from the premium security line because my bp doesn't say "SkyPriority" if I don't get upgraded.
I'm sure you know that silence can speak volumes.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Along those same lines so to speak, I'm PM and Mr. Marylou is FO. When travelling on the same Itinerary, does he have to go the peon lines while I check in and clear security in the SP line?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pragakhan
How about one boarding pass for all flights that is logical LOL

I don't really need the other fluff that I always choose not to print..
If it involves DL-coded-flights-operated-by-AF, don't count on the boarding passes being accepted -- even at JFK.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vasantn
Why ever would DL want to kill a potential revenue-enhancement opportunity when it has the already captured DL paid lounge members and Silver Medallions who may be willing to pony over more cash to DL by buying up "Sky Priority" treatment as a day-of-trip package or annual package?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:31 pm
k2

...Regarding the boarding process, we are listening to your comments and can already tell that many of you are very passionate about this. We will monitor your comments, encourgage your feedback on our surveys and will be looking at the numbers very closely in the initial weeks. SkyMilesInsider
SMI - you've got a lot of data points already in this thread, and it seems overwhelmingly against the changes coming to the boarding process with SkyPriority.

Why so much passion? Because the current process works pretty damn well!

Oh well, it sounds like there's too much inertia behind the SP rollout to reverse course, so we'll live with it and try to provide feedback after a few experiences with the new process.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by Marylou
Along those same lines so to speak, I'm PM and Mr. Marylou is FO. When travelling on the same Itinerary, does he have to go the peon lines while I check in and clear security in the SP line?
I often bring my companions with me through both and have yet to be rejected, assuming SP lines work like Medallion lines have in the past.

Last edited by bwhite; Apr 11, 2010 at 2:29 pm
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by crazygrow
Sounds like a bad thing for first class flyers as now we have to board with a million other people (gold/plats who are not upgraded, etc.). On many of my flights, this could be 70+ people trying to board in Zone 1.
I agree. This is NOT an improvement.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/1.8MM, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by bwhite
I often bring my companions with me through both and have yet to be rejected.
Same here, every once in a while someone in my group doesn't have status and they stay with us through the boarding process, never been turned away.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:31 pm

We just crossed the 100+ post mark in about 18 hours. We're impressed by the passion here! It sometimes makes it difficult to keep up with your comments, but we appreciate them.

We now return you to your regular scheduled posting

SMI

SMI,

In case you don't realize, you have a FREE focus group on FT. It provides almost immediate response as well. Therefore, why don't you consult it more BEFORE you've etched a new program in stone? You could have found out well in advance that the new Zone 1 boarding will be a disaster. Now, it seems that it will take effect anyway and that you'll later have to retreat from the defined product with egg on your faces. Why go through this when you don't have to?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by pragakhan
How about one boarding pass for all flights that is logical LOL

I don't really need the other fluff that I always choose not to print..

That was deemed to be way too Northwest! (Actually the Sudoku on the BP is an improvement, especially to my ego. I can usually do both the easy and the hard before the plane takes off!)
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:49 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by vasantn
Silence can also mean that SMI is in flight. I'm checking on the original question and will follow up when I have a response. Btw, a FT iPhone app would be really nice...just sayin.

SMI

Last edited by DLCorpTeam; Apr 11, 2010 at 3:04 pm
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Silence can also mean that SMI is in flight. I'm checking on the original question and will follow up when I have a response. Btw, a FT iPhone app would be really nice...just sayin.

SMI

I hope you realize that most of these comments are not directed at you but at the DL corporate culture that seems oblivious to many things that are important to its customers. You are the messenger (albeit a high-level one) and you can only work with what you are given. So please don't take any of this personally.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Another vote against this SkyPoop, I mean, SkyPriority program.

Aside from causing chaos for FC pax in zone 1, and the free drink if I'm seated in Y (which I can really do without - give me back the 1K bonus miles NWA gave me when I was stuck in Y), this program offers notning new.

Again, lots of hoopla over little Substance. Typical Delta...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.