Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by crazygrow
Sounds like a bad thing for first class flyers as now we have to board with a million other people (gold/plats who are not upgraded, etc.). On many of my flights, this could be 70+ people trying to board in Zone 1.
I agree completely. That is going to be a mess. The system worked the way it is now. 1. F class 2. zone 2 and all Elites. 3. Zone 3. 4 Everyone else. They should load the F cabin first. Otherwise this is just going to cause a delay, lots of crowding at the gate etc.

A better way to make boarding more efficient is to have the FA stand in front and tell people which bag to put above, and which bag to put underneath. I can see it working very well "sir, place that bag overhead and this one under yuor seat... maam, place that bag under your seat OK?" as they board. Space is often a problem because people put everything above. NO. Put your bag up, your purse/ briefcase/computer case in front of you under the seat.

If they did this they would get planes loaded efficiently. Everyone knows which bags should go under and which up. People just try to get a little extra room for their feet.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
I think this is one place that United hits this on the head and Delta should learn. For Check-in, UA has an Itl First/Global Service line, a 1K/Paid Domestic First line, and 2P 1P line and then a line for everyone else. The way Delta has this at hubs, the elite line could be longer than the regular line because everyone is bunched together!

for the boarding line, its essentially the same and works very well. First Global Service/1K/First class down the Red Carpet, then Premier Exec and Star Gold down the Red Carpet, followed by Premiers down the regular line and then general boarding. If you are on the wait list for the upgrade and board, they will come get you and get the always-loved "will the person in 11A please come to the front with your belongings"

Delta should learn a thing or two if they are going to roll out this "sky Priority" bs.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by playbbg
I think this is one place that United hits this on the head and Delta should learn. For Check-in, UA has an Itl First/Global Service line, a 1K/Paid Domestic First line, and 2P 1P line and then a line for everyone else. The way Delta has this at hubs, the elite line could be longer than the regular line because everyone is bunched together!

for the boarding line, its essentially the same and works very well. First Global Service/1K/First class down the Red Carpet, then Premier Exec and Star Gold down the Red Carpet, followed by Premiers down the regular line and then general boarding. If you are on the wait list for the upgrade and board, they will come get you and get the always-loved "will the person in 11A please come to the front with your belongings"
It really sounds like this is the same thing (at least for boarding) as United does, with the exception that the mid-tiers are lumped in with the top-tiers on Delta (and not United). Overall though, boarding works fine on United with First, 1Ks and Globals all getting on at once - it's not the cluster that one would think. Even on a hub-hub route, it's not horrible (even when it's 100+ people walking the red carpet, as happened to me on a SFO-ORD 777 a couple of months ago). I had no issue getting my pre-flight drink while sitting in 1A.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
The URL is live

The URL is live.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Move to the Front of the Line

...with dozens and dozens of others also moving to the front of the line.

I just got the email SMI said we'd be getting
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:40 pm

Are they going to fix the "Accelerated Security" lines, specifically in Atlanta, where they aren't enforced?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mike_plat
...with dozens and dozens of others also moving to the front of the line.

I just got the email SMI said we'd be getting
The line will only be five people deep... but 20 people wide.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
email received

I just got the email with links to "learn more." So far, I don't see any surprises. Zone 1 boarding is as announced by SMI.

I'll be a guinea pig in less than forty-eight hours; it will be interesting to see how the first day goes. I'm already in FC, so I won't have a chance to check out the snack/drink coupon and I won't have to wait to OLCI on the 15th in order to print one for myself. Sigh....my flight has snack basket service, so maybe the coach BOB items are better. Not that I would offer to give up my seat to find out.

The list of airports with elite security seems longer than in the past.

It's unclear how non-Medallions with SkyPriority can access the SP exclusive reservation lines, since they won't have the number on the back of their SkyMIles card. Will they be expected to call the general reservations number and answer a prompt that they plan to purchase a FC or BE ticket? Alternatively, if the exclusive SP line is only available after purchase, do they call the general number, enter the ticket number, and get routed to an elite agent?

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Apr 13, 2010 at 12:52 pm Reason: added stuff, especially last paragraph
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
I must say, I am somewhat at a loss trying to discern what all the hype has been about. This seems primarily to be a re-branding exercise for mostly existing services.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
SM Insider, apologize if already asked. Didn't want to sort through the hundreds of posts:

Question: Will SkyClub members that are just silver still be able to enjoy dedicated check-in and security lanes or is this being taken away?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Just got my email too - and to be honest, I missed this thread completely!

To be honest, it sounds positive, and on marketing alone could entice more loyalty / business travelers.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: 1st Class Only
Originally Posted by LUMRS
The URL is live.
I have been following this lengthy thread. I received the e-mail today.

Additional Benefits: Earn coupons for checking in online, enjoy earlier access to exit rows and forward cabin seats, and use priority lanes at Baggage Service Offices and Need Help Centers.

Is this really earlier access or just later/no access for Silver Medallion? Do forward cabin seats include bulkhead?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Sky travel

Originally Posted by avflyer
While I don't often miss an upgrade, the offer of a cert is appreciated. I have also experienced improved baggage delivery and as someone who would prefer to check baggage vs. dragging it through security, this is a huge plus.
I like the program overall and the fact that DL is rededicating itself to those of us who are long-time customers. However, as someone in FC I would like to board with my fellow FC passagners, not others in coach who are high flyers but have not been upgraded.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mesabadad
I have been following this lengthy thread. I received the e-mail today.

Additional Benefits: Earn coupons for checking in online, enjoy earlier access to exit rows and forward cabin seats, and use priority lanes at Baggage Service Offices and Need Help Centers.

Is this really earlier access or just later/no access for Silver Medallion? Do forward cabin seats include bulkhead?
Which airports will have priority lanes at Baggage Service Offices?

If it's 11:00 PM at PHL or TUL and a dozen PAX are wondering where their baggage is, of what benefit will this benefit be?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
So i didn't read the entire thread but it seems to me that
Silvers are going to lose comp upgrades soon.
Silvers get to board in Zone 2 but every other medallion with FC in Zone 1
Silvers are posers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.