Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
I don't think FO is on the sign. Priority check-in, yes, and priority security, yes. But I thought FO gets an early boarding zone but doesn't get to use the carpet.
Here we go:
Originally Posted by delta.com
Silver Medallion members and SkyTeam Elite customers can begin boarding in Zone 2 using the Sky Priority boarding lane when traveling in Economy Class.
I had been confused for a while about this too.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:06 pm

I don't think FO is on the sign. Priority check-in, yes, and priority security, yes. But I thought FO gets an early boarding zone but doesn't get to use the carpet.
What do you mean priority security, yes? does that mean FO gets priority security access? links?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Quote:

Here we go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta.com
Silver Medallion members and SkyTeam Elite customers can begin boarding in Zone 2 using the Sky Priority boarding lane when traveling in Economy Class.

I had been confused for a while about this too.

Yep, Silver is supposed be able to use the carpet at Zone 2 to also allow them to "cut" the line in later zones. However, in reality, many GA's are uninformed of the policy, especially since FO is not on the sign and says SkyPriority. I was once told flat-out by a GA that I shouldn't be using the SP lane and then very grudgingly let through. I get that Sky Priority was designed to ensure that DL personnel pay special attention to GM and above, but somehow, instead of keeping their attentions to FO as neutral, it seems an effort is made by personnel to look down. And many GA's conduct boarding by going straight from First Class to Zone 1 to "Zone 2 and everyone else."

I don't mean to start up a big FO complaint thread, but wanted to post the above for the benefit of SMI, the OP, in the hopes that he/she can be informed that many GA's do not know the policy about Silvers and Zone 2 boarding in the SP Lane. Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nas6034
What do you mean priority security, yes? does that mean FO gets priority security access? links?
You're right, they don't. Looks like I turned around the boarding lane and priority security in my head.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.