Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:58 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Dude... it's the weekend! Are you working on office powerpoints right now... or like the rest of us surfin FT Give SMI until tomorrow to reply, I'm guessing that he needs to get some feedback from the other dept's involved with the SkyPriority rollout before fully answering...

Originally Posted by vasantn
I'm sure you know that silence can speak volumes.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm concerned that the elites in Y, embittered because of their non-upgrades, will steal the F water bottles and pillows as they proceed back to steerage. No way should they be let on before the F pax.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
How about, on my OLCI boarding pass page, giving me three small maps:
  1. A curbside view of the terminal, showing me which doors are closest to the SkyPriority check-in area and SkyPriority security lane
  2. A view inside the terminal, showing where the check-in and security lanes are in relation to easy to identify landmarks within the terminal
  3. Maybe a third, showing where the nearest SkyClub is to my expected gate?
THAT would be useful.

(Is it still ok to make suggestions that aren't critical of Delta?)
Great idea - having just flown thru MSP for the first time in many years, knowing where the Sky Club is would be great.

I think we also have to hope that part of this will be "silent" with more empowered GA, FA's, etc. to enforce the rules (without alienation of the customer). I'd love to hear, "sorry sir, but please place your bag in the overhead bin of your assigned cabin." I watched numerous people from Y last evening use the F lavatory despite being told to use the one in their cabin. I have to imagine the fatigue from the DL employees trying to enforce these rules is high.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
Btw, a FT iPhone app would be really nice...just sayin.
How about getting your folks to work on one for DL...

Add me to the list who thinks that the new Zone 1 may just drive me away from flying DL.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
SMI,
Got a few comments:

1. Welcome back to the conversation. The content may be eliciting a mixed response but I think its great that you're here and really remarkable to see how much reading and posting you seem to be doing off-hours.
2. I'm happy to see a change with some positive aspects from DL.
3. I'm really sorry but I'm not a good liar - I have mixed feelings about the core set of changes. I didn't see the boarding process as being broken and this tinkering could have unexpected crowd flow problems. I can only hope that there was some hard data that led anyone to touch it.
4. There really is some opportunity for tweaking here:
a. break up the now too large Zone 1 - maybe some discretion based on the numbers on a flight.
b. put an on board aspect to this - consistent preflt drinks and FC bins reserved for FC passengers.
c. look at the security line situation - its not being consistently applied in the field and you've just put it front and center in your plate.
d. get some clarifications out on the site about what a Silver has both when they are and are not upgraded.
e. options on the chit might not be a bad idea for those where the drink isn't a good idea (miles like NW used to do and wifi have already been suggested)
f. AS may be an issue but I'm assuming that will have its own chapter later this year.
5. Awards - this change is nice but the 800 lb gorilla is the award availability - percieved or otherwise. I don't know if you need to look at just raising the low award mileage or what but the lack of low level is really tarnishing your image. As an aside this bit about changing the results for a Medallion if the Medalion is part of the redemption is annoying. I don't fly myself on miles - I fly my family on miles and give you revenue for my flying. Do you really want to penalize me for increasing your revenue?

Lastly as a previous poster mentioned - please know that the 'you' here is DL. I know you can't make a plane appear out of thin air (Although I gather your bosses do based on what you told me in that last DO) or perform miracles. However, you're here (which is most welcome) as DL's voice so I hope your thick skin is holding up.

Last edited by pmaddock; Apr 11, 2010 at 8:05 pm
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat

SMI
Also one for other phones, like webOS phones please
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pmaddock
As an aside this bit about changing the results for a Medallion if the Medalion is part of the redemption is annoying. I don't fly myself on miles - I fly my family on miles and give you revenue for my flying.
I agree on this one pmaddock. I had some e-conversations w/ Delta about this some time ago, and was told that this was at least on the radar for future consideration as a change.

In the meantime, I was given this advice: I'm told that RES can workaround this rule, and potentially use your elite number to obtain the award seat and then manually change the name.

(I have not had occasion to use the advice to see if this will actually work.)
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Marylou
Along those same lines so to speak, I'm PM and Mr. Marylou is FO. When travelling on the same Itinerary, does he have to go the peon lines while I check in and clear security in the SP line?
Before Mrs. Italy earned GM she would accompany me through all lines and with the exception of one or two questions, to which I said 'she is traveling with me', she never had a problem.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL GE
SMI,

I too didn't think it would be that big of a difference to board E/FC in Zone 1, that was until I drew up how this would look in paint.

Currently, the elites stay aside and FC pax line up against a wall or in front of the magic carpet. Elites have some interference to worry about, as detailed as "confused pax", but it's manageable in it's present state.

The new system, just makes it all pure chaos. When the confused pax see a mass exodus heading to the boarding door, they call over their friends and family and it's just a mess... In both situations the people with children still don't understand why they can't board first, maybe even beyond chaos...! Once on the plane, words cannot even describe what happens. I think the FA is crying..

Take a look for your self, it's scary stuff...

http://i40.tinypic.com/20sym9g.jpg
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pragakhan
SMI,

zOMG! That is awesome. I LOL'd for quite some time. Nice work! ^
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL AA UA

SMI
I'll make you a deal. You have your guys develop a DL iPhone app, and we'll put pressure on FT on our end for an app. We can be quite persuasive, if you haven't noticed.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:41 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by pragakhan

Absolutely hilarious. Great stuff.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:53 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Much ado about nothing -- old stuff, new packaging.
Completely agree.

The Diamond Medallion status was nothing but Platinum Medallion from some years ago. Their systems, processes and people have not adapted to the Diamond Medallion and now we have Sky Priority

I get dinged $20 for ticketing fees. I still get asked if I want to use couple of my Platinum free changes to Award tickets. I can never find award seats on the website; when I call the Diamond Medallion desk I have the agent answering within minutes that she cannot see any availability at all (which leads me to believe that she is not searching at all). Diamond Medallion agents do not know what SkyBonus is about. With so much yet to fixed, Delta has time to introduce Sky Priority

I challenge any Delta Insider to have the guts to answer any of the multitude of threads on this forum complaining about Delta's SkyMiles program. Then I will believe in anything emanating from Atlanta.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'll pitch in my concern about the proposed boarding process/zone change as well. I don't think its a good idea to have what could be a massive amount of people boarding in Zone 1. There are many routes where over half the plane is elite and currently boards in zone 2, and I'd guess a good portion of them would be skypriority as well. It certainly would degrade from the F experience and especially those who purchased the ticket instead of getting an u/g.

F should still board in a dedicated Zone 1. If you want to separate the skypriority to give more recognition, then add another zone or call it SkyPriority and board them between F- Zone 1 and Elite-Zone 2. "We would like to invite SkyPriority passengers on Delta flight xxxx to board at this time"
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mersk862
For GM+, they receive 4 drink chits a year. I could have easily burned through mine already on single-class CRJs had I not decided to skip the drink there. Living in a hub and doing a lot of travel on the MSP-ATL route, I often find myself sitting in the back there too. Basically, end of the day, I can better save my chits.

I do agree with you that it'd be great if it was a drink coupon on all flights though. I do remember SMI mentioning that the new chits would be good on the entire itinerary, so that would at least take care of a 1-class CRJ.

My one "flaw" right now is for international itineraries (or those with only 1-class RJs); in the former, I don't think you can OLCI; in the latter, it's a bit dubious to have some SP folk that came in on a mainline plane get chits while others aren't eligible.
You can now do OLCI for international, at least for most destinations. I just did it in both directions TATL. The problems seem to be the following:
-places requiring visas for US citizens, although I don't understand why the document check requirement doesn't handle this
-SWU improperly reissued or incorrect notation in the record that a paper version of the electronic cert must be handed in
-security questions required as part of check in (not gate, as at AMS) procedures (i.e., NRT and possibly SIN, where you can partially do OLCI and then complete it at the airport in a faster line and with a closer cut-off time I've been told)
-destinations with severe fraud issues, where you might be required to present credit card used to purchase the ticket
-legacy paper SWUs, if there are still some of these in use

I'm also eager to find out whether we'll get the drink/snack coupons for segments in RJs without FC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.