Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: /usr/bin
Originally Posted by bwhite
I carry my free drink coupons with me, along with my kids free drink coupons (GMs) and have yet to use one this year. Plus often I don't drink at all regardless of cabin. A single additional free drink coupon will have no impact for or from me but is a nice touch should I decide to on vacation.
Give them to soldiers. Make sure their rank is high enough so they are 21+ (sorry privates)
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by pragakhan
...it's that moment the GA opens the door and the FC/Elite pax move forward and the general pax see this and start herding over as well, eventually you have almost everyone who is getting on the plane standing in the boarding area and nothing has even been announced yet... If DL could focus on keeping zone 3 and 4 pax sitting down I think it might work out alright...
Like making zone 1 part of "Pre-board"? "Pre-board only, we are PRE-BOARDING our zone 1 members. If your boarding pass says Zone 1 you may board now. PRE-BOARD only, all other passenger please remain seated. We will begin regular boarding soon."
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Just as FYI the webpage is now live: www.delta.com/skypriority
I think someone used a Crown Club list from a few years ago when making the page....

Either that, or DTW and MSP are losing their SkyClubs and MCI is finally getting one back.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
N/m...just saw it on the website. Good news there as well!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Getting elites to board in zone 1 will get more of those standing by for upgrades into the plane and off of the list, and making more opportunity for...

SHENANIGANS.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:25 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I am curious where this will put Alaska elites?

Currently, when all the reciprocal benefits have been rolled out, AS elites are kind of in between DL Medallions and SkyTeam Elite Plus customers. Now with this new program, will we still be able to use priority check-in, priority boarding, etc?

I sure hope this will not dilute any of the benefits for AS elites when flying on DL, otherwise it will defeat the purpose of the ongoing marketing agreement between AS and DL.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
SMI,

I made this question in the previous thread, but it wasn't answered, so I would like to repeat it in this one.

As a Delta SkyClub Member, one of my benefits is the access to Frequent Flyer Security Lines. With the new signs being rolled out, and no mention of Delta Skyclub Members, are we still going to have the Priority Security Line Benefit?

Another question that I really want clarification on:
Silver Medallion Benefits still include Priority Check-in. The old FIRST / MEDALLION is being replaced by SkyPriority (BE, FC, DM, PM, GM). Since FO is not listed, are we still welcome to use it?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by DLATL777
I usually stay out of these; but I must say

Please leave the boarding process the way it is; F-Zone 1 Medallions-Zone 2. Its a great perk to NOT have to fight through 30 gate lice to board when they call Zone 1; knowing you are suppose to be boarding before them cause you are in F
+1
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
Regarding the boarding process, we are listening to your comments and can already tell that many of you are very passionate about this. We will monitor your comments, encourgage your feedback on our surveys and will be looking at the numbers very closely in the initial weeks.

SkyMilesInsider
Thank you SMI for finally addressing this.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
If I'm flying in coach (award ticket, missed upgrade, etc.) then I'm going to be one of the first on and will still have my pick of overhead bins to use for my carry-on luggage. RobOnLI
Exactamundo!

Originally Posted by bwhite
.... shouldn't cause extra bags showing up in F bins. If I am SP and heading to coach why would I dump my bags in F? Currently I board in Z2 and don't dump my bags in F - why would I now that I board in Z1?. Non-elites board after Z2 and still will. These tend to be the folks putting their bags in F.
bwhite
The reason you'll see more bags in F is simply this. Say there are 6 or 7 of us in F who don't care to reincarnate ourselves as gate lice. So we end up at the back of the line after 50 or so GM and DM Y pax have passed through a mainly empty F cabin with all those nice empty bins just beckoning at them.

I know I wouldn't do it. I'm not saying you would do it. But I guarantee you that there are those that do it and will do it even more if there is no one in the F cabin to see them do it.

The reason they do it escapes me but I can only surmise that they think they will somehow get off the plane faster if they don't have to manoeuvre around and over their Y neighbors (who are now all standing in the aisle) to get their bags down. They can just squeeze on by them and grab their bag out of a now empty F cabin bin and be on their way.

I know I can't be the only person who's seen this happen.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I will chime in here and say that I haven't seen many (if any) issues with UA boarding 1Ks and Globals at the same time as First Class on my around 50 UA flights in the past 6 months.

The new boarding priority seems basically the same as United's, save that Golds board after the Red Carpet (think DL Zone 1) but before UA Group 1 (which is the same as new DL Zone 2). I don't foresee any problems with carry-on luggage, clogging up boarding, etc. on Delta - simply because I haven't seen it on United and it's basically the same system.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Just as FYI the webpage is now live: www.delta.com/skypriority
Live but not quite ready. The "select airports" link under Accelerated Security opens a window that says "Delta offers frequent traveler security lines at these U.S. airports:"

The list has 72 airports in 68 cities; of these, 27 airports in 26 cities (assuming San Jose is SJO rather than SJC) are outside the U.S., and I'm not quite sure where "Minnieapolis" is.

So, there's a link in the sidebar for "Frequent Traveler Security Lines" that brings up another list with the same title, but with only 19 airports, all of which actually are in the U.S. Still not entirely clear ("Chicago" is ambiguous since there are two airports), but better.

Typos aside, the lists raise more questions than they answer: If I fly from IND or JFK, will there be a Sky Priority security line, or not?

If they can't get basic stuff like this right, is there any hope of ever booking partner award tickets like NBO-BNE online?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by pragakhan
The biggest problem at the gate hasn't even been FC and elites standing by, it's that moment the GA opens the door and the FC/Elite pax move forward and the general pax see this and start herding over as well, eventually you have almost everyone who is getting on the plane standing in the boarding area and nothing has even been announced yet... If you are in Zone 3 and 4 please remain seated while we board Zone 1 and 2 pax. This will help keep the boarding area clear and help us guarantee an on-time departure".
Having the herd allow those in Zone 1 and 2 would be great! All too often when I fly, I have to push through the crowd, with often hesitation from others, to see they are Zone 4, but just holding their "spot" for when they do get called. Luckily, I travel on short 1 night trips and a backpack fits anywhere, but this would be a great help.... (and consider moving your Sky Priority Lane to be CLOSER to the gate agent, not further. This would allow them to keep the lane open and quickly service the guests that board after Zone 1 and 2 but are Sky Priority.

SkyMiles Insider - Would be great if you could take a look at this thread and comment .

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2010 at 11:35 pm Reason: Removed quote containing now-deleted content.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by SkyBuck
I'm not quite sure where "Minnieapolis" is.
MCO. Minnie, Mickie, Goofy and Daffy handle the SkyPriority lanes.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I am curious where this will put Alaska elites?

Currently, when all the reciprocal benefits have been rolled out, AS elites are kind of in between DL Medallions and SkyTeam Elite Plus customers. Now with this new program, will we still be able to use priority check-in, priority boarding, etc?

I sure hope this will not dilute any of the benefits for AS elites when flying on DL, otherwise it will defeat the purpose of the ongoing marketing agreement between AS and DL.
I would assume (SMI, please confirm) that AS elites won't qualify for Sky Priority, but will continue to receive the same benefits, which currently include preferred seating and priority boarding in zone 2.

Priority check-in is currently a published benefit for FO's, so does this mean there will be a medallion/elite check-in line in addition to the Sky Priority line? Since it's been stated that FO's and partner elites will continue to receive all of their current benefits, I'd think there would have to be.

It sounds like pretty soon the DL ticket counter is going to resemble the UA counter with all it's multitude of queues.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
SMI:

Thanks for the update. It's nice to see program enhancements.

I think everyone's concern about Zone 1 is a bit of an academic point. Yes, it's nice to be down the jet bridge first if you are in F but really, the folks in Y are right on your heels so you do have very limited time to stuff those bags in the overhead and park it already.

My concern is that this creates a potential for an explosion of gate lice.

Thanks for the free booze (alcohol kills the germs that cause bad breath). Very nice touch.

Looking forward to the results of the team working on improving award functions on the web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.