Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
We hear you and have already posted as much. A totally separate team is working on that project. [award booking engine]

SMI
and the timeline for this is what, exactly? How hard can it be, when it was already in place on the website that was shut down?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by gt_croz
SMI,

Thanks for the great info and responses to the posts. The drink/snack coupon for a missed upgrade is a wonderful idea and caught me totally by surprise. Any chance you can get ATL to actually enforce their security line?

As for the DM, PM, GM boarding in Zone 1, I like the upgrade but I can't help but feel like the F experience will be a bit cheapened.
Ditto - I do OLCI anyway so this is a big perk. The glass of wine to nod off or a stiff drink after a hard day or an energy boosting snack for those flights when I HAVE to work in the 0.5 sqft space back in Y with a passenger's head in my lap an elbows in my ribs.

As one taking two round trips next week alone, I look forward to being a guinea pig! (Full disclosure: I already have the upgrade for all segments; so i'll mainly be checking out the gate lice /boarding situation.)
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SMI, the boarding thing is not well thought through, especially out of elite heavy cities such as ATL. I would strongly appeal to you to get this changed/rethought before it is officially announced next week. This could really be disastrous for the airline and ruin the premium experience of all your premium pax. The snack thing is a nce little touch. The bag tag thing? I normally get yellow tags anyway so do not see the improvemeht.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hfly
I normally get yellow tags anyway so do not see the improvemeht.
The difference is not that you will get yellow tags, but that they will now mean something. My sample size under the newly-emphasized priority tags stands at two, and in both instances my bag was out very early. Clearly a difference.

As to the other features of this program, I think the drink coupon is a good gesture.

If I was running things, I would still restrict Zone 1 to those in F. Having said that, if silvers aren't included I don't think the F/DM/PM/GM herd will be too unmanageable.

The one thing missing from this, that would truly say "Sky Priority" would be to implement a policy where if you are on the upgrade list and board, and later an F seat becomes available and would have been yours had you not boarded, the GA will come on board and upgrade you. This would be a nice gesture for a "high value customer" to show that he/she does indeed have "Sky Priority." If Delta can solve the Priority bag issue, surely it can add this benefit.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH D, Starwood Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anaugle
This sounds like what Alaska Airlines does....where they board the 16 FC seats + all of their MVP golds at the same time. it's a zoo on a lot of flights.
UA boards 1K GS and FC all together. So this would be the same as them except GMs would also get on 1st too
Old Apr 9, 2010, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
It would be interesting to know what the average percentage of medallions per flight are FOs. Its most likely the highest percentage of all the medallions. So if you push them to Zone 2, then I would think that it would mean over 50% of the medallions just got pushed to zone 2? If true, then zone 1 really might not be as crowded as some think. However of course for medallion heavy flights this would not hold true.
There are many more FOs, but they fly much less often. So it balances out.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by publicmsu
Can someone please help me understand why people are getting excited over a free drink / snack coupon!? Weren't all of these benefits present before under the skymiles program? How does this differ from what was already provided? Perhaps I'm just remembering the way that NWA did things, but this is all the exact same, aside for the coupon.

If this is the best that Delta marketing can muster up, re-branding of existing benefits... they've wasted a lot of money.
Wow, you are totally missing the point... Delta has NEVER had this before. Maybe NWA did, but this is Delta. This is very nice improvement for those of us that have been flying Delta for years and never flew NWA.

And, as someone above me said, it's going to be great for us Golds that seem to be missing out on every upgrade change...

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
OLCI gets us a drink coupon. I never use all my PM coupons in a year anyway, so that is irrelevant.

Doesn't OLCI also take us off the upgrade list until such time as we arrive at the airport and check-in, or am I mistaken about this? I've avoided OLCI when my upgrade hadn't yet cleared for this reason.
Not at all. You are mistaken. OLCI just checks you in for the flight. It does nothing with regards to your change of an "in advance" upgrade. It DOES automatically add you to the airport upgrade list at the "3 hour before flight" mark.

Frankly, OLCI has zero negative benefits and only positive ones.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2010 at 11:32 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by thezipper
Can I have the old signs and carpets
I'd love to have an old Breezeway carpet as a welcoming carpet to my apartment

I'll even make the long drive to MSP to pick up a redundant one
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Please, please, please put the old signs and carpets up for auction. I would LOVE one of each.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:46 pm

Location: Bangkok Thailand HYATT DIAMOND, DL PM, DL 2 Million Miler
Programs: THAI RO Gold, Hilton Gold,Marriott something
As a PM, i see this as a small benefit. But any benefit is a good thing. And hey, if the boarding is a problem they can change it.

But free wifi - that would change this from a small benefit to a Unique Selling Point for me to fly Delta
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Comparison to CO's Elite Access...

• Who: DL, if you're a Silver. All CO elites get Elite Access. But if you're Gold or above, more exclusivity is better for you.
  • Web site "personal branded experience": CO doesn't claim to have this but of course their "impersonal" web experience is far superior to DL's.
  • Beverage/snack coupon: ^ DL ... I wonder if you'll get this on single-class RJs.
  • Dedicated check-in: No difference.
  • Security screening: No difference.
  • Boarding: DL ... CO boards F first, then other elites. I suspect DL will eventually revert back to that model. CO is also better about handling elites who arrive after general boarding has started.
  • Baggage handling: No difference. CO priority tags luggage too, but if DL can really make it work across the system then they will have one on CO.
  • Service recovery: No difference. CO has Elite Access lanes at its hub service centers too.

Overall I think it's a good change. The drink/snack coupon is a nice differentiator but the rest will depend on how well it is all delivered. On that score DL has not had a great track record of delivering things like this consistently, at least in part due to its scale. We can always hope, though. I suspect Sky Priority is meant to be a clearer set of goals for employees as much as it is a sales/marketing tool.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, US, FlyingBlue
Did I just lose access to first-class/medallion check-in lines?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Please, please, please put the old signs and carpets up for auction. I would LOVE one of each.
Ditto - me too! Perhaps donate the money to charity or to support Delta SkyWish foundation. A good cause and make a few of us dorks happy!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
This made me laugh, thanks. Although I get it...$10 or less and I'm there!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Not sure how practical it is, but SMI - any chance you can bring an old sign or two to the mini-DO on the 24th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.