Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Originally Posted by Quip
Did I just lose access to first-class/medallion check-in lines?
I know in DTW, Silver never had access to the priority check-in or security lines. In smaller cities (non-hub), Silver was catered to in the medallion check-in line. I'm willing to bet this is still the same.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
Originally Posted by SkyMilesInsider
It will only be available for OLCI.
SkyMilesInsider
SMI - Can you explain how this works with mobile check-in?

Also, I'll echo the comments about the negative on the Zone 1 changes. What's the attachment to 4 zones? If making main-line and Delta Connect the same is such a high priority, add a 5th. This seems like a huge flaw in the new process.

I've seen a few comments to this effect that haven't been addressed by you in this thread, so I get the feeling you've noticed and purposefully haven't answered. Has the immediate reaction to that particular change with the new program in this thread had any impact? As a PM that sometimes doesn't get upgraded, I would much rather board in zone 2 when that happens, than have the F boarding crammed.

A free drink/ snack is a very nice change, but chaos is... well, chaotic.

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:24 pm

[*]Baggage handling – if you checked a bag with us we added a yellow Sky Priority tag identifier to help us get your bag to the carousel first, but you should know that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes; our station managers have the reporting tools to see irregularities quickly, identify trends and work with ground staff to solve problems as soon as they see them. Some of you have noted that priority bag service has improved significantly since we renewed our training efforts in January – we continue to reinforce the importance of this service to our employees each day. We are already seeing better bag results by scanning all bags on to the plane, off the plane, and onto the bag belts. This helps us track the baggage process much more closely than in the past.

SkyMilesInsider
Nice restoring of a NW benefit, but it would be even better if luggage handlers were trained not to severely damage a high percent of the luggage we entrust to them.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:26 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
Ditto - me too! Perhaps donate the money to charity or to support Delta SkyWish foundation. A good cause and make a few of us dorks happy!
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Please, please, please put the old signs and carpets up for auction. I would LOVE one of each.
Originally Posted by mersk862
I'd love to have an old Breezeway carpet as a welcoming carpet to my apartment

I'll even make the long drive to MSP to pick up a redundant one
All points are well noted. Thanks to thezipper for bringing this up several posts back. I already have some notes out about this. Very likely that we will incorporate this into the Road Warrior II event somehow for some lucky FTers.

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
The one thing missing from this, that would truly say "Sky Priority" would be to implement a policy where if you are on the upgrade list and board, and later an F seat becomes available and would have been yours had you not boarded, the GA will come on board and upgrade you. This would be a nice gesture for a "high value customer" to show that he/she does indeed have "Sky Priority." If Delta can solve the Priority bag issue, surely it can add this benefit.
Thank you for pointing this out and we couldn't agree more - give us some time on this because there is a lot involved in what seems like a simple request here, but we will add this to the list. This is actually more of a SkyMiles Medallion program issue, but we will look at it never-the-less.

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
and the timeline for this is what, exactly? How hard can it be, when it was already in place on the website that was shut down?
As previously posted, you can expect to see changes starting this summer and continuing through the year. We are very aware of the items that need to be addressed with the Award Chart on delta.com and we are absolutely committed to providing a better experience.

I hope I'm not the only one, but isn't Gogo Wi-Fi just the most amazing thing since sliced bread? Thanks to product advancements, SMI can stay in touch with y'all even when in flight. (Ok, that was a total plug for wi-fi, but I couldn't resist.)

SkyMilesInsider
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:29 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DLNYC
Please, please, please put the old signs and carpets up for auction. I would LOVE one of each.
Maybe the Delta Museum store will sell them like they did silverware after 9/11 - we can hope!

To add to this I saw the SkyPriority signage in CHS yesterday.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:39 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by hoyt
SMI - Can you explain how this works with mobile check-in?

Also, I'll echo the comments about the negative on the Zone 1 changes. What's the attachment to 4 zones? If making main-line and Delta Connect the same is such a high priority, add a 5th. This seems like a huge flaw in the new process.

I've seen a few comments to this effect that haven't been addressed by you in this thread, so I get the feeling you've noticed and purposefully haven't answered. Has the immediate reaction to that particular change with the new program in this thread had any impact? As a PM that sometimes doesn't get upgraded, I would much rather board in zone 2 when that happens, than have the F boarding crammed.

A free drink/ snack is a very nice change, but chaos is... well, chaotic.

Thanks.
With respect to mobile boarding and the coupons, right now, it will only work with delta.com check-in. Remember that this is just the initial launch and feedback like this will definitely be considered for future enhancements.

Regarding the boarding process, we are listening to your comments and can already tell that many of you are very passionate about this. We will monitor your comments, encourgage your feedback on our surveys and will be looking at the numbers very closely in the initial weeks.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
With respect to mobile boarding and the coupons, right now, it will only work with delta.com check-in. Remember that this is just the initial launch and feedback like this will definitely be considered for future enhancements.

Regarding the boarding process, we are listening to your comments and can already tell that many of you are very passionate about this. We will monitor your comments, encourgage your feedback on our surveys and will be looking at the numbers very closely in the initial weeks.

SkyMilesInsider
Much appreciated, thanks for the response - on a Friday evening nonetheless!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: DM , MM ,Natl-Exec Elite,HH diamond,SPG gold
From a former NW cheerleader, that is great news! The website is dreadful and I call the Diamond line at least 3X more than I ever called NW.

We hear you and have already posted as much. A totally separate team is working on that project.

SMI
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:20 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
My guess... from SMI's previous post... he's posting at FL320 on his way back "home"...

Originally Posted by hoyt
Much appreciated, thanks for the response - on a Friday evening nonetheless!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Quick Observations....

1. Would love to have a breezeway carpet.
2. I agree with adding zones to spread out the boarding. Especially if DL is going to sell pre boarding in Zone 2.5.
3. The drink coupon is a nice touch
4. FO just got the shaft
5. Can we have a SP security line in MCO
6. Agree with the upgrade on board and not have to wait to board for fear of losing an upgrade.
7. Free wi fi would be awesome.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM & CRC, Continental PM
First off, THANK YOU for making some positive changes. While not all of these improvements impact every traveler, I think all frequent fliers will benefit. After the DL/NW merger, I was gun shy when I saw there were changes coming. But these all look great.

Highest on my list are:
  • snack/drink - this is a very nice touch, that I recognize comes at a real cost. I often don't use all the drink coupons I'm given, but a real snack (instead of 12.5 peanuts) will be great.
  • boarding priority - I'm glad to see DM/PM given priority over GM/SM. I do hope that it doesn't negatively affect F customers. I think a better approach is to add a zone. 1=F 2=DM/PM 3=GM/SM 4-5=other. I'm curious to see how this changes my Thursday afternoon flights from EWR-ATL where Zone 2 often consists of 90+ people (of 138 seats)

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:25 pm

[QUOTE=Stripe;13742665]Comparison to CO's Elite Access...
[*]Service recovery: No difference. CO has Elite Access lanes at its hub service centers too.[/LIST]
[QUOTE]

I remember the Elite Access lines at the hub service centers went away, at least in EWR. Have they come back?

Last time I tried to use a service center was Dec 2008, though that night they were unstaffed as it was 2am and the flight was cxld after sitting 5 hours on the tarmac.

Hope Delta really does make the service center lines consistent.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer

I remember the Elite Access lines at the hub service centers went away, at least in EWR. Have they come back?
I haven't been to EWR in a long time, but I do see the EA lines at some service center counters at IAH. Expedited and prioritized service recovery is a vital component of any Elite airport program.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2010 at 11:34 pm Reason: Removed quote containing now-deleted content.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I'm going to echo the many posters in here who are complaining about the new boarding process. I'm a DM and don't care about boarding in Zone 1 if I don't get the upgrade. Why? Because Zone is is first class which means they've used their overhead bins. If I'm flying in coach (award ticket, missed upgrade, etc.) then I'm going to be one of the first on and will still have my pick of overhead bins to use for my carry-on luggage.

I think Delta accomplishes two things if they keep their current policy in place and don't actually implement the new rules under SkyPriority (although I have a feeling that the computer programming to assign the correct Zone has already been done, tested and is scheduled for a rollout on 4/15):

1. You preserve the sanctity of a Premium "F" cabin for those who have actually paid for it;
2. You don't alienate the FO's as badly as you have with the new rules.

If I can figure out how to create a Poll on FT I'll do it strictly about the new boarding zone rules for SkyPriority.

Otherwise, thanks for the update SMI and ^ on the coupon for non-upgraded SkyPriority flyers. Guess this means those printed coupons I have can be "sold on ebay" <g> j/k.

-RM
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:52 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
2. You don't alienate the FO's as badly as you have with the new rules.
Pretty sad how FO gets treated considering this is what you get for 1,000,000 BIS miles. Heck with UA at this level or AA at 2MM (Anyway miles which is much easier than 1MM BIS miles) you get international lounge access for life of program and 100% bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.