Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by DLATL777
I usually stay out of these; but I must say

Please leave the boarding process the way it is; F-Zone 1 Medallions-Zone 2. Its a great perk to NOT have to fight through 30 gate lice to board when they call Zone 1; knowing you are suppose to be boarding before them cause you are in F
Another vote for leaving it the way it is.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Taj Silver
Please, please, please leave the boarding process alone. Otherwise any F passengers who get to the gate late will find all the overhead space taken up by Y passengers' bags. Not cool.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 3:26 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Anyone notice this on the SP page?

Originally Posted by delta.com/skypriority
...enjoy earlier access to exit rows and forward cabin seats...
So does that mean there will be "premium" seats and "priority" seats - or is this just restating what is already the Medallion benefit?

Would be nice if SP got you bulkhead seats on PMNW aircraft!^
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TTT
Anyone notice this on the SP page?

So does that mean there will be "premium" seats and "priority" seats - or is this just restating what is already the Medallion benefit?

Would be nice if SP got you bulkhead seats on PMNW aircraft!^
Much ado about nothing -- old stuff, new packaging.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL GE
Does doing it this way allow Delta in the future to make SkyPriority say... Sell-able?

For $55 for your RT flight you can add the benefits of SkyPriority to your itinerary!

Let the conspiracies commence!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:23 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Seems to be rolling out already (as others have reported). I had a SkyPriority tag on my checked bag yesterday and was mildly optimistic that might actually mean what it suggests it would.

So, I wasn't surprised when my bag was among the last 10 coming off the belt. Well, perhaps the training continues.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by dll
Seems to be rolling out already (as others have reported). I had a SkyPriority tag on my checked bag yesterday and was mildly optimistic that might actually mean what it suggests it would.

So, I wasn't surprised when my bag was among the last 10 coming off the belt. Well, perhaps the training continues.
Its.that clasic misguided training.... The bag was probably the first on and is thus , now the last off!!! US has this same problem.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by dll

What airport? My wife, just last week, got the Priority tag and got the bag off very early in ATL and also here in SAN.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Carl10022
Some of us actually care about other things.
^^^ Exactly what I was saying in my post above.

Good to see someone else actually agreeing with me. He has an obsession with commenting about the award issues in every single thread, but not all of us really care that much about it.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
^^^ Exactly what I was saying in my post above.

Good to see someone else actually agreeing with me. He has an obsession with commenting about the award issues in every single thread, but not all of us really care that much about it.
Indeed. While I wish the award calendar was a bit more accurate, it works 90%+ of the time for what I want it to do.

End of the day, some of these Sky Priority are things that I will actually find more valuable. The fact that SP folk in Y get a free drink/snack is a great plus. Actually putting in SP lines at baggage services offices is a great plus for me, especially as I've been checking my bag more often lately - same thing with priority baggage. Zone 1 boarding is rather nice as well. These things are all new to me as a Delta flyer over the past year, and I find them more beneficial to my regular travel experience.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:42 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
What airport? My wife, just last week, got the Priority tag and got the bag off very early in ATL and also here in SAN.
Checked in LAX, transferred in MSP with a final destination of CMH. I actually watched the bag come off in MSP and it was #3 off the plane, so it's working there! Don't know what order it went on in MSP bound for CMH, though.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:20 pm

I hate to re-iterate what others may have already said - but perhaps in multiples, the point will get across to Delta.....but... what exactly is the point of this program?! Nothing has changed.

-Same priority boarding (except the few times I'm not upgraded, I go to Zone 1 now...not a huge change)
-Same priority lines for checkin/security
-Same "Medallion" phone lines
-Baggage priority is slightly better, but still same for Plats.

The only thing are drink/snack coupons when not upgraded. Yes - thats definiltely welcomed, but thats hardly justification to start a new program. And NWA gave 1000 WP miles when not upgraded - which is what I'd rather have than drinking coupons or coupons for the worthless/overpriced snack boxes.

Very sad Delta. Try again.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Carl10022
Some of us actually care about other things.
Fair enough - but arguably award availability and functionality of the award calendar (which is the MAIN benefit of a loyalty/frequent flier program) is so far messed up, that it deserves far more "priority" than this lame excuse for a new "improved" Sky"Priority" program, which is a re-hash of existing benefits.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:15 pm
fpm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I have been on dozens of flights out of ATL where the list of upgrades > 50 passengers. Assuming some of those were FO, that still throws dozens into the 'early' boarding herd. This will be a mess.

SMI - I propose you and others that are involved with this change spend the next few weeks in ATL, LGA, JFK, LAX, & MSP observing the boarding process. When you witness the mess that has developed, please revert to the current process.

The last ten years have seen several changes to the boarding process and the current has proven to be the smoothest.

Please use this opportunity to make the south security lines at ATL true elite lines. Post a couple of Delta employees and have them enforce the policy.

Baggage handlers at many airports are not Delta employees and don't give a RA about priority tags.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
For GM+, they receive 4 drink chits a year. I could have easily burned through mine already on single-class CRJs had I not decided to skip the drink there. Living in a hub and doing a lot of travel on the MSP-ATL route, I often find myself sitting in the back there too. Basically, end of the day, I can better save my chits.

I do agree with you that it'd be great if it was a drink coupon on all flights though. I do remember SMI mentioning that the new chits would be good on the entire itinerary, so that would at least take care of a 1-class CRJ.

My one "flaw" right now is for international itineraries (or those with only 1-class RJs); in the former, I don't think you can OLCI; in the latter, it's a bit dubious to have some SP folk that came in on a mainline plane get chits while others aren't eligible.

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 11, 2010 at 11:37 pm Reason: Removed quote containing now-deleted content.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.