FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   U.S. Bank FlexPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/958276-u-s-bank-flexperks.html)

rrgg Oct 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Has anyone used FlexPerks for a WN ticket and then later changed the ticket? Because of how the Southwest site works, I assume you can use the travel funds in any fare category, just like you can with a cash ticket.

The reason I ask is that US Bank told me they cannot book into the "Wanna Get Away" fares that are only available on the WN site. They can only book into the higher categories. So my plan is to have US Bank ticket something that I don't really want, and then I will reticket it myself into the Wanna Get Away fares for the itinerary. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

dave7250 Oct 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj (Post 15038179)
Use your FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa?. card for holiday shopping and make $2,500 in purchases between November 1 and December 31, 2010, and you'll receive 2,000 bonus FlexPoints. It'll bring you even closer to a post-holiday getaway. Register today at flexperkspromos.usbank.com. Have your FlexPoints number ready.

My offer is make $500 in purchases and receive 1000 bonus FlexPoints.

robbert Oct 31, 2010 9:36 am

I think it depends on your spending level. My offer is $4000 for 2000 bonus points. Only a 50% bonus, less than the others listed here.

abuelo Oct 31, 2010 8:19 pm

My rarely used Travel Rewards Business card got an offer for 1,000 bonus points with a $500 spend, a 200% bonus :D

My much more heavily used personal card got the offer for 3,000 bonus points with a $6000 spend, a 50% bonus :confused:

So, it seems the more you spend on a card, the less lucrative the offer you will get... in percentage terms.

Swenny Nov 1, 2010 3:59 pm

Annual Fee for spending $24k removed

Hey all. So I just noticed on the US Bank website that the annual fee is no longer waived if you spend $24k+ for the Personal FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature (Business still offers this)

I called to ask about this (and tried unsuccessfully to get a 3500 point credit to cover it) and the rep said this took effect on Oct. 1

Am I the only one disappointed by this? :td:

Swenny Nov 1, 2010 4:06 pm

One more thing. Am I correct that the days they use for calculating the Annual Fee is May 1 - April 30? And is there an easy way to view how much you spent?

dave7250 Nov 2, 2010 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Swenny (Post 15055065)
Hey all. So I just noticed on the US Bank website that the annual fee is no longer waived if you spend $24k+ for the Personal FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature (Business still offers this)

I called to ask about this (and tried unsuccessfully to get a 3500 point credit to cover it) and the rep said this took effect on Oct. 1

Am I the only one disappointed by this? :td:

If they keep things like this up, they're going to have to remove the "Kiplinger's BEST" seal.

sam-i-am Nov 2, 2010 10:27 am

Originally Posted by nabeelj (Post 15038179)
Use your FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa?. card for holiday shopping

"holiday shopping". What about paying a utility bill, or paying other non "holiday shopping" charge? Is that counted towards the spending needed for this promotion?

toddpate Nov 4, 2010 1:41 pm

How quickly do FlexPerks points post???

How quickly do FlexPerks points post to your account after the end of the billing cycle? My first month closes on Nov 6, and I would like to use points to book a flight on Nov 12. Is that enough time?

ARedLetterDay Nov 4, 2010 1:47 pm

Brownie Points

As some earlier posters noted, I just called and asked if there were any bonus points opportunities available, and the rep gave me 3,500 points "just for asking." Woohoo!

rc408 Nov 4, 2010 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by toddpate (Post 15075403)
How quickly do FlexPerks points post to your account after the end of the billing cycle? My first month closes on Nov 6, and I would like to use points to book a flight on Nov 12. Is that enough time?

The day after the statement closes the points post. At least that has been my experience.

upgrader Nov 6, 2010 7:39 am

For those in the giving mood, just a reminder that you can get triple Flexpoints for any donations to charity by first going to flexperkspromos.usbank.com and registering your Flexperks number and then going to the linked site to look up just about any charity by name (there are thousands). I am kicking myself because I recently gave to my favorite charity and forgot all about the triple points option. I did put the donation on my Flexperks card but did not go through the linked site so I'm pretty sure I won't get the triple points. I was reminded when I went to see if I was registered for all promos. Too late for me. But for you, tis the season!

dave7250 Nov 8, 2010 11:56 am

Originally Posted by ARedLetterDay (Post 15075449)
As some earlier posters noted, I just called and asked if there were any bonus points opportunities available, and the rep gave me 3,500 points "just for asking." Woohoo!

I wonder if emailing will yield the same results as calling. Has anyone here ever tried?

ExitRowAisle Nov 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader (Post 15086099)
For those in the giving mood, just a reminder that you can get triple Flexpoints for any donations to charity by first going to flexperkspromos.usbank.com and registering your Flexperks number and then going to the linked site to look up just about any charity by name (there are thousands). I am kicking myself because I recently gave to my favorite charity and forgot all about the triple points option. I did put the donation on my Flexperks card but did not go through the linked site so I'm pretty sure I won't get the triple points. I was reminded when I went to see if I was registered for all promos. Too late for me. But for you, tis the season!

I'll have to re-read the terms, but I thought that the triggering event was using your credit card on a vendor that was classified as a charity -- not going through a link on a website.

I was planning on double dipping by donating to Unicef using the AA promo of 2 miles per $1 up to 2,000 bonus miles with my FlexPerks card, but I can't get both if I have to use a special link from FlexPerks.

ExitRowAisle Nov 13, 2010 12:35 pm

500 Bonus Miles for E-Mail Sign-Up

Several months ago, I have a note that I signed up for FlexPerks e-mails to get 500 bonus miles. I'm still waiting on these to post. I know it generally takes a while for FlexPerks quarterly promo miles to post, but has anyone who signed up for this offer actually gotten miles to post to their FlexPerks balance?