Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by junkemail
Data point for anyone interested. Those who applied last week and only received the 60K Offer with 10K for added employee card purchase. Secure Message declined my request for a "price match" of the 80K offer. I called and spoke to front line representative who told me there was nothing that could be done. Requested to speak to a manager. They offered to just credit me 20K as a courtesy. Took the credit.
Same situation but when I called this morning to the Customer Service number they flat refused to honor the upgraded offer. (Don't assume this will be the last time I get in touch with them!).

Anyone with better numbers than the card phone number?

Also their hard-to-find twitter for messaging is @ASKBarclaysUS

Last edited by tassojunior; May 4, 2022 at 12:01 pm
Old May 4, 2022, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
I've never read a report of Barclays matching a newer/better offer.
Old May 5, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Same situation but when I called this morning to the Customer Service number they flat refused to honor the upgraded offer. (Don't assume this will be the last time I get in touch with them!).

Anyone with better numbers than the card phone number?

Also their hard-to-find twitter for messaging is @ASKBarclaysUS
As with all things in life it's about how you sell it. The SM and Front-Line rep leveraged the "terms and conditions" and how they could not change the terms that I had already agreed to. I figured they were not given any empowerment to make such a call and just scripted lines to give customers. When I spoke with the Manager I explained that how I understand the information given to me as to "why" they couldn't there was also indeed nothing hard pressed in the T&C that states it "would not" be given. There are a lot of "we may" "we could" "we might's" but nothing stating "we will not". I compared my request to a standard price match guarantee that most if not all brick and mortar stores provide their customers. I expressed how I understand if they can not honor the price match but that they have left the customer with no alternative means to "return for refund" and re-apply as any cancellation would and could result in a 2 year waiting period to re-apply. This is when she stated she could offer me a courtesy credit for the difference, which I gladly accepted.
tassojunior likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I've never read a report of Barclays matching a newer/better offer.
Prior to COVID they would typically match within 30 days (I did that on the last Business Aviator). But I'm pretty sure that "lately" (ie: last 2 years) they no longer do that. but it never hurts to ask.
tassojunior likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: Lotz
well, I called the CSR #, the reconsideration #, messaged on Facebook and messaged 2 units of Barclays on Twitter. My impression is no one is really working there. It took over a week for a decision on my card. One of the twitter units did get back to me with an "escalate in re rewards" action to above management with a case number but said to not be hopeful. One telephone rep had suggested I apply again and cancel the 1st card !!! Online and telephone contacts have hit a new low generally. I miss those sweet generous reconsideration people.

Or maybe they can offer such generous SUB's because of all the money they're saving by having so few employees. IDK
Old May 6, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: UR, MR, AA, DL, HH, IHG, Bonvoy
What do you think chances of getting approved if you currently hold the card and close it now are? I got the Biz in 10/20. I got the personal in 9/17 and closed that 11/21 when the AF posted hoping to eventually churn that one. I kept the Biz since I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have the AF post. I see now they caught that and it posted. Grrrr. I need to have some AA card for my trips this summer (free bags). I'm at 4/24 hoping to do the MDD some time this summer w/ Chase (need to finish the MSR on the IHG biz). My last Citi biz was 6/19 (closed 7/20) but I didn't earn a SUB on it (it was during the craze of 5746564 Citi cards and millions of AA miles, I wasn't one of the lucky ones). My last Citi Biz I earned the SUB on was opened 10/18 (closed 6/19). Sharing that because not sure I can grab a citi biz and get a SUB if I get denied from Barclay. And I don't want to try for the personal AA cards until I do the MDD. I love my AA miles, so I'd love to get in on the 80k.

Thoughts? I know the fine print says 24 months. But I know others have had luck in shorter times.
Old May 6, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AimClickShoot
What do you think chances of getting approved if you currently hold the card and close it now are? I got the Biz in 10/20. I got the personal in 9/17 and closed that 11/21 when the AF posted hoping to eventually churn that one. I kept the Biz since I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have the AF post. I see now they caught that and it posted. Grrrr. I need to have some AA card for my trips this summer (free bags). I'm at 4/24 hoping to do the MDD some time this summer w/ Chase (need to finish the MSR on the IHG biz). My last Citi biz was 6/19 (closed 7/20) but I didn't earn a SUB on it (it was during the craze of 5746564 Citi cards and millions of AA miles, I wasn't one of the lucky ones). My last Citi Biz I earned the SUB on was opened 10/18 (closed 6/19). Sharing that because not sure I can grab a citi biz and get a SUB if I get denied from Barclay. And I don't want to try for the personal AA cards until I do the MDD. I love my AA miles, so I'd love to get in on the 80k.

Thoughts? I know the fine print says 24 months. But I know others have had luck in shorter times.
I'm going to say your chances of approval are slim-to-none. The 24-month SUB rule in the T&C's aside (DPs suggest that if you are approved, you'll get the SUB), most blogs/DPs suggest around 6 months post-closure to reapply. I slipped through at about 5.5 months, but I had to reallocate credit from my personal Aviator card to open the business card.

These are just my gut feelings and based off the research I did when I was contemplating reapplying. I fully expected to be denied but I also knew there was a chance I could call and possibly ask for the credit reallocation if I was denied. Thankfully I wasn't; it went pending and they called me the next day and offered it. It really comes down to your personal risk tolerance. We could all you the datapoint if you decide to just go for it - it's only a hard-pull!
Old May 12, 2022, 10:29 am

Friend was approved with a whopping $1,000 credit limit. At least the SUB spend is $2,000 but they will be near the credit limit for multiple months (not good) unless they pay some off before the statement hits.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
Friend was approved with a whopping $1,000 credit limit. At least the SUB spend is $2,000 but they will be near the credit limit for multiple months (not good) unless they pay some off before the statement hits.
From a personal credit score aspect, having this card near it's limit for a few months won't have any negative effect since it doesn't report to your personal credit reports. And as far as Barclays is concerned, as long as you're paying them, they won't mind a few months near the limit.
Old May 14, 2022, 10:27 am

Can bonus for business be denied for having an existing personal card?

Just got my business card in the mail and activated. I called into rep to confirm I would get the 80K sign up bonus (as I signed up1 day before they switched from 60K to 80K). The agent was very friendly but said they cant see the bonus for my account. They said they know about the offer but just dont see it listed under my account.

I havent made the $2000 spend yet but am worried that because I have an existed Barlcay AA personal card I got sign up bonus miles for from several years ago that the new bo bus wont apply. I activated the card online and at the end of activation I signed into my existing Barclay card online account (that also has my personal card) and it showed both the new Business card and pre-existing personal card account under the same login. Could doing this have screwed up my bonus due to terms and conditions? "This one-time offer is valid for new accounts only. Existing accounts and previous cardmembers with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer."

Really hoping I just have to make the spend and the 80K will show but concerned based on the uncertainty by the rep (who gave me AA phone number to call at the end of the session).
Old May 14, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by numan

Just got my business card in the mail and activated. I called into rep to confirm I would get the 80K sign up bonus (as I signed up1 day before they switched from 60K to 80K). The agent was very friendly but said they cant see the bonus for my account. They said they know about the offer but just dont see it listed under my account.

I havent made the $2000 spend yet but am worried that because I have an existed Barlcay AA personal card I got sign up bonus miles for from several years ago that the new bo bus wont apply. I activated the card online and at the end of activation I signed into my existing Barclay card online account (that also has my personal card) and it showed both the new Business card and pre-existing personal card account under the same login. Could doing this have screwed up my bonus due to terms and conditions? "This one-time offer is valid for new accounts only. Existing accounts and previous cardmembers with accounts closed in the past 24 months may not be eligible for this offer."

Really hoping I just have to make the spend and the 80K will show but concerned based on the uncertainty by the rep (who gave me AA phone number to call at the end of the session).
I'm thinking that a bunch of things are being mushed together here:
  • whether you get 60K or 80K bonus (your original question)
  • what the guy or gal you spoke to could or couldn't see on your account
  • calling AA
  • having the business card show up with the personal card
  • their so-called rules
Barclays is only one of many credit card issuers renowned for having clueless CSRs. It is at the extreme when it comes to not understanding or following its own putative rules. This thread and the personal card thread are full of examples (I put two on the other thread) of bonuses after quick turnarounds following cancellations.

The general rule with Barclays is that if they approve you and you make the spend, you get the bonus. I understand where your mind is wandering -- I'd be doing the same -- but my advice is make the spend and wait for the miles to post. If you only get 60K, call in then.
Old May 14, 2022, 6:38 pm

Thanks - the rep was very very friendly and seemed to be doing her best to try to be helpful but did seem generally clueless. She was saying things to me like - hmm , "I can see your other account so I wonder if that's why I dont see the bonus." and "maybe you're right that it will just show up after you make the spend " but im not sure why I dont see it now."

I take your advice and go for the spend and go from there.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by numan

Hopefully this will ease your mind a little. Beginning of April, I applied for the Aviator Red card again (and was approved) after closing my first one 16 months ago. Then I saw the current Aviator business offer and couldn't help myself and applied about 3 weeks after the Red card. I had closed my first Aviator business card last December. I had to call in and transfer a portion of my Red limit to open the Business card but they approved me.

I received my Red bonus shortly after my first statement and I just hit my 2k spend on the Business card over the weekend. My Barclays app now shows that I've earned 82,xxx miles for this statement period.

If they were going to deny anyone a SUB, it probably would have been me due to my velocity; however, as the previous reply to you mentioned, if you're approved for the card, you'll get the bonus. If you weren't eligible for the bonus, they most likely would have denied your application. Hope this helps a little.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
DP: Just approved for the card with sole proprietorship. CL is $12,600
Old May 18, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Silver
...and how many days did it take Barclays to get back to you? I know they say it could take 10 biz days...I am currently at 8 days and waiting...thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.