Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I'm assuming you have, but have you created an account via the website?

I have both the Red and Business card and I can manage both from the app (they are under the same login). Whether or not you can use the app solely for the business card, I'm not sure on.
I have the Business Aviator only and I can manage it through the app
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I'm assuming you have, but have you created an account via the website?

I have both the Red and Business card and I can manage both from the app (they are under the same login). Whether or not you can use the app solely for the business card, I'm not sure on.
Originally Posted by Moh20
I have the Business Aviator only and I can manage it through the app
I tried again and sure enough I was able to log in and see my account on the Barclays app this time. Probably user error on my part? Or maybe some backend services for the Barclays app were down when I tried it. Either way, thank you folks!
EmailKid and Drwaz99 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: JL JGC Sapphire, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Moh20
Can I add the card to Apple Wallet? I tried adding it but I keep getting a message that the card is not supported.
Yes the same for me. Not all credit card is supported by Apple Wallet.
Moh20 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:52 pm

Programs: JL JGC Sapphire, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I have applied and met my $2K spending with an upcoming trip on AA flight. Next month 80K is posted . However, there's a plan change and flight schedule change I decided to cancel the trip. AA was able to refund me the flight but will Barclays then crawl back my SUB after it's posted? I see some other banks don't except AMEX. Any data point here? Should I make up with more spending to zero out the refund before the 90 day deadline?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:50 am

Just skimmed all 53 pages of this post and didn't see anything about this:

Has anybody seen a limit to the annual 5% miles bonus that is supposed to post within 45 days of cardmember anniversary? This cards seems otherwise identical to the CItiBusiness version (minus the $4 annual fee difference). I just applied and got instant approval for the 60,000+10,000 SUB for sole proprietorship. Think I might move all spend from CitiBusiness to this card for the 5% bonus after I reach $30k for the companion fare.

For the personal Aviator Red, did I read correctly that some of you have gotten that SUB more than once? Their fine print says "You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program", so I haven't signed up for a new one since I closed my last account in 2019. Sounds like it might be worth another look...
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheMoops
....limit to the annual 5% miles bonus ..
This is a built-in retention bonus:
5% AAdvantage® Mileage Bonus
Each cardmembership year, the signing individual will earn a 5% American Airlines AAdvantage® mileage bonus on eligible purchases provided that the following conditions are met: (1) the signing individual renews the annual cardmembership, and (2) the Card Account remains open for at least 45 days after the anniversary date. Balance transfers, fees, cash advances, items returned for credit and finance charges are not purchases. The 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus will be calculated as a percentage of the eligible purchases made on the Card Account during the cardmembership year and will post to the signing individual’s AAdvantage® account 6-8 weeks after the above requirements are met.
I doubt Barclays sees the need for a cap. This works out to 5,000 miles per $100,000 spent.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:44 pm

Same but different... no statement credit here, either.

Originally Posted by ACR2013
Same here: 80K bonus earned, yet no $95 credit posted.

Upd: called Barclay about it, and next thing I saw was the $95 credit.
I, too, didn't see the $95 credit post after the 80k miles did. I just called and the Barclays agent I spoke with couldn't find reference to the credit and "opened a complaint" on my behalf to ask about it.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:10 pm

anyone actually kept a copy of the term & conditions that mentioned about the $95 statement credit? Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The offer page is available on Wayback Machine, June 12, 2022: https://web.archive.org/web/20220612...UlNLYht1RPg3m2

Last edited by mia; Aug 18, 2022 at 6:32 am
Old Aug 18, 2022, 8:10 am

Thanks Mia that's great.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:11 pm

Another data point- I hit my $2k spend last month on my AA biz card and received my 80k AA miles. However, still "waiting" for my $95 credit which has been inconveniently overlooked by Barclays thus far. Sigh. Thanks to mia for the screenshot and it looks like I will have to pester yet another CC co. to deliver on their promises. Annoying.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
This seems to be a IT/system problem. Met the 2k months ago and this thread reminded me to check the $95 credit - spent over 30 minutes w/cs rep who found the terms, said he didn't know why it hadn't posted but he did not have authority to correct it. He had to submit a "case" which could take up to 2 "business cycles" (60 days to resolve!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:54 am

Data point-Called Barclays yesterday and told them I never received $95 bonus. Report was escalated to a manager. Received call today and was advised I was manually credited and should show up within 24 hrs. Case closed.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:18 pm

I'm 0-2 on the $95 credit. I secure messaged on 1 account and they said would post next statement. I guess I'll SM the other account after reading this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Jetblue Plus
Got the AA business card 2 month ago already hit the spend and got the Sub, question if I applied for another AA business card under solo again but with different business will there approve? Looking for a easy to rack up some AA point for flight to Japan. Any data point with how Barclay work with business card rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.