Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by SenderAnon
Curious what APR everyone is being issued. 792 credit score and they offered me a 25.24%. I am offended
Why even be concerned? Most of us never carry a balance so it's a nonissue.
EmailKid and Cat88L3 like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:23 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
This
Old May 3, 2022, 11:25 am

Pride? Prejudice? The Pursuit of Happiness? If I took the time to write it then it must be important to me, I am sorry if it's not important to you

Last edited by EmailKid; May 3, 2022 at 11:35 am Reason: Attack the idea, not the poster
Old May 3, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Citi AAdvantage Business Platinum = 15.99%; Citi AAdvantage Personal Platinum = 18.24%; Barclays Aviator Red Personal = 16.24%

25.24% just seemed a tad aggressive and was curious if other new applicants are seeing the same highs.

Thanks
Pride? Prejudice? The Pursuit of Happiness? If I took the time to write it then it must be important to me, I am sorry if it's not important to you
I'm sorry for my flippant reply. Not sure why your APR is that high but I have seen those numbers before. You're not the first.

And if no one has welcomed you to FT let me be the first.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
DP: The 80k SUB sucked me in for a YOLO app. I previously had this card and closed it 12/21 and literally just weeks ago was approved for the Aviator Red for the second time. It went pending and Barclays called for more info today. Verified basic info, took a quick look at my credit report and said they've extended the max available to me but offered to move credit from personal to open it. I accepted. Hung up and the card already shows in my account.

To add: middle of the road APR for both my personal and business cards, but expected the max APR (if I was approved) on this app since I barely squeaked through.
civicmon and Biggie Fries like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 1:59 pm

I'm sorry for my flippant reply. Not sure why your APR is that high but I have seen those numbers before. You're not the first.

And if no one has welcomed you to FT let me be the first.
I appreciate your honesty and thank you!

Last edited by EmailKid; May 3, 2022 at 2:00 pm Reason: Comments on moderator action are not allowed - use PM
Old May 3, 2022, 3:29 pm

Data point for anyone interested. Those who applied last week and only received the 60K Offer with 10K for added employee card purchase. Secure Message declined my request for a "price match" of the 80K offer. I called and spoke to front line representative who told me there was nothing that could be done. Requested to speak to a manager. They offered to just credit me 20K as a courtesy. Took the credit.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Southwest
Been waiting to get this card, and now with the elevated new sub, I'm considering jumping on it. New to Barclays, and from all my searches, it appears there's no issue with velocity with other card issuers. But anyone verify that for me?

Last personal card was 11/21. Have one Chase Biz from February '22. My only concern is an Amex Biz from April 10. Figuring it shouldn't be an issue, but want to get feedback prior to applying if anyone has any help!
Old May 3, 2022, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mrakers85
Been waiting to get this card, and now with the elevated new sub, I'm considering jumping on it. New to Barclays, and from all my searches, it appears there's no issue with velocity with other card issuers. But anyone verify that for me?

Last personal card was 11/21. Have one Chase Biz from February '22. My only concern is an Amex Biz from April 10. Figuring it shouldn't be an issue, but want to get feedback prior to applying if anyone has any help!
Barclays has a soft 6/24 rule (no more than 6 new cards in the past 2 years) and as long as you don't have a bunch of new inquiries on Transunion (that's who they pull 99% of the time) in the past 6ish months, you should be good. It's not really a hard card to get.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
DP: The 80k SUB sucked me in for a YOLO app. I previously had this card and closed it 12/21 and literally just weeks ago was approved for the Aviator Red for the second time. It went pending and Barclays called for more info today. Verified basic info, took a quick look at my credit report and said they've extended the max available to me but offered to move credit from personal to open it. I accepted. Hung up and the card already shows in my account.

To add: middle of the road APR for both my personal and business cards, but expected the max APR (if I was approved) on this app since I barely squeaked through.
Are you saying you got in after less than 6 months?
Old May 4, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Hyatt, Southwest
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Barclays has a soft 6/24 rule (no more than 6 new cards in the past 2 years) and as long as you don't have a bunch of new inquiries on Transunion (that's who they pull 99% of the time) in the past 6ish months, you should be good. It's not really a hard card to get.
Thanks. Went ahead and applied last night. Legit biz w/ $16k revenue. 3 Biz cards in the last 6 months. Immediate approval with a $12.6k limit. Easy peasy.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by yoyo
Are you saying you got in after less than 6 months?
Yes. I closed my old one mid-December 2021 and it's still showing (closed) in my online account.

Maybe I slipped through the cracks but the credit analyst that I spoke to never even mentioned the closed one. Just verified personal income, revenue, and the fact that I was at max exposure with them and offered to move credit lines to open a new one.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Thinking to get this card. If I had the consumer version of the Aviator Red (closed Dec/21) will I still be eligible for the 80K bonus?
Old May 4, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Thinking to get this card. If I had the consumer version of the Aviator Red (closed Dec/21) will I still be eligible for the 80K bonus?
Shouldn't have any impact.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by festriaqua
Business and personal cards are separate products - so as long as you're approved, there's no issue getting the bonus for both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.