Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by retired7328
Anyone able to reduce the cash adv to zero? I talked to a csr today and she was at best stupid and at worst on crack;. not sure she even knew what I was talking about.
Yes their csr leave a lot to be desired. I spent 15 minutes on the phone today with a csr insisting that a hold that had been placed on a PAYMENT which lowered my available credit was a PURCHASE! After insisting I made no such purchase she finally found out it was a hold on funds I had paid, (eg I have a credit balance on my account but my available credit is lowered - until the check that was sent by my BANK because they won't accept ach transfer payments cleared).
So
1 No I couldn't get them to eliminate or lower the cash advance
2 If you prepay you lower your credit limit
3 You cannot do an online payment (maybe unless you have a barclays account) so - Fidelity has to send a check - which takes a week for them to receive, then barclays puts a hold on it for 8 BUSINESS DAYS which lowers your available credit by the amount you have paid! I guess the only way to cut off a few days would be for me to mail a check myself? maybe decreasing by a day or two.
Conclusion: Good for the bonus only I think. No way to increase credit limit (which is low compared to others) by paying in advance and this, in fact, LOWERS your credit limit.
Will cancel shortly after bonus hits - other cc have better csr, will allow me to set cash advance to 0, post payment to my account within a day or two, etc.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I applied being just barely 6/24 and having closed this card in Aug 2020. Got a pending message. Less than an hour later, missed a call from 302 area code. Called the first number listed above and was told the credit team had called me, but upon not reaching me, approved me with a $900 CL. It will be interesting to see whether that is accurate, as last time I had the card, I had a $10,000 CL. Maybe she meant $9,000. Shortly thereafter, I got the "Thanks for going paperless" email, although I don't even remember selecting that as an option.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
I'm thinking that a bunch of things are being mushed together here:
  • whether you get 60K or 80K bonus (your original question)
  • what the guy or gal you spoke to could or couldn't see on your account
  • calling AA
  • having the business card show up with the personal card
  • their so-called rules
Barclays is only one of many credit card issuers renowned for having clueless CSRs. It is at the extreme when it comes to not understanding or following its own putative rules. This thread and the personal card thread are full of examples (I put two on the other thread) of bonuses after quick turnarounds following cancellations.

The general rule with Barclays is that if they approve you and you make the spend, you get the bonus. I understand where your mind is wandering -- I'd be doing the same -- but my advice is make the spend and wait for the miles to post. If you only get 60K, call in then.
My miles posted as soon as I made the spend. Before statement. I tried several routes to getting the 10K increased bonus with $99 credit. No way, no how.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Filler03
Now on day 12 (13 if you count the day the received it as a full day). Called twice before on this, told from the credit department I was approved for $12,600 limit and that the "Know your customer" department needed to verify things. Talked to them twice before today and they said they have all they need, just hasnt been looked at yet and they can take up to 7-10 days. I call today (day 12 as noted) and now CSR says 10-12 days. I alert her that it is day 12 after she says I should hear something by the end of the WEEK! Unbelievable they are.
Tried to apply as sole prop...but website wouldnt let me because they saw I had an application submitted within the last thirty days. Received a letter in the mail asking for proof of LLC ownership, faxed it on June 1st, then randomly got an email yesterday thanking me for enrolling in paperless billing. Approved. Called customer service and had them expedite me the card and asked that they waive the $29 fee because of this delay.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:21 pm

I'm wondering if there are any recent churning datapoints on this biz card.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:40 pm

I activated my new card today and signed up for online account. I am not seeing the AAdvantage number either on the card or online account. I did not enter AAdvantage number while applying for the card thinking that one will be assigned when card is approved. Do I need to call Barclay's to find my AAdvantage number or it takes some time to show up on my online account? TIA!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 9thSense
I activated my new card today and signed up for online account. I am not seeing the AAdvantage number either on the card or online account. I did not enter AAdvantage number while applying for the card thinking that one will be assigned when card is approved. Do I need to call Barclay's to find my AAdvantage number or it takes some time to show up on my online account? TIA!
You need to call to find out if they can even assign an AAdvantage number. Perhaps only AA itself can assign it, and if so you'll have to get one from AA and then you might have to give it to Barclays.

With two different banks (Citi and Barclays) issuing AA cards, I could imagine that AA might not let either of them assign AAdvantage numbers, because otherwise one bank would check with the other bank to make sure they didn't assign the same number to two different people!

Or, perhaps Barclays has to request a new number from AA, and who knows how long that takes.

So either way, you need to call and find out what the procedure and timing are.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You need to call to find out if they can even assign an AAdvantage number. ....
A number can be assigned, this is explained on the application:

If you are a current member of the American Airlines AAdvantage® Program, please enter your member number below. If you don't remember your AAdvantage® number enter "9999999". If you don't have an AAdvantage® number, leave this field blank and you'll receive one upon approval.
I would expect to see it on the first paper/PDF statement.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by detony
Nice to see some INSTANT APPROVALS in this thread. Still waiting. Applied 13 biz days ago, status website says they need 10 days. I called 877 523 0478 and spoke to a rep and she confirmed it was pending...and to wait the 30 days. I asked if I could offer any information to assist and she said no, just wait. Credit score 825, last Aviator biz a/c closed 36mo ago. A second person in my household using a different biz also applied, waiting 8 biz days so far but this person received a call on day 4 from Barclays asking to confirm date of birth. Rep said thanks for that verification, and now the credit folks will call you (a separate call,) which has not been received. Credit score 818 last biz card closed 38 months ago and website also still says 'pending'. I am not used to having delayed approvals and such clunky review processes. This does not feel like Chase or Amex.
I called that same number since it's been 23 days for me with no mailing, no phone call, and the website status still returning the same boilerplate "...in the process of reviewing...". There is an option for checking application status, but at least now, it just leads to a recording which states the automated system has no information about applications and directing you to the website for status. So I asked the voice response system for a representative. Talked to someone twice. Both said they don't have any ability to see any information about application statuses and told me to call the application department at 1-800-308-6008. So that number's phone menu has of course an option to apply and also an option to check your application status. Pressing the check status option sends you back to the same phone menu as when you call the -0478 number...with the same automated recording directing you to the website for application status...and the same bank of CSRs that can't help. So I recalled the -6008 number and chose the option to apply so I could at least talk to someone. Not surprisingly, the "new applications" CSRs can't see submitted application status and can't provide any other number to contact.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver
To speak to a rep about App Status- I found 866 710-2688 to be somewhat helpful. They at least could see when I sent in documentation and if it was received. I will add this has still been a very painful process applied 5/17, two faxes later, still no final decision. The 2nd fax was sent 6/20, today is 6/27, so still within the 7-10 biz days it takes them to do anything. I called this # at 8am Eastern and got right through...once. But don't call before 8 as they are closed.
84fiero likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by detony
To speak to a rep about App Status- I found 866 710-2688 to be somewhat helpful. They at least could see when I sent in documentation and if it was received. I will add this has still been a very painful process applied 5/17, two faxes later, still no final decision. The 2nd fax was sent 6/20, today is 6/27, so still within the 7-10 biz days it takes them to do anything. I called this # at 8am Eastern and got right through...once. But don't call before 8 as they are closed.
Thanks! Turned out not to need to try calling...at 2 AM today, almost 4 weeks after application, I received an email from Barclay's thanking me for my application and simultaneously an alert that I have a new TU inquiry (I hadn't noticed there had not been a Barclay's inquiry the day I applied). This afternoon I then received an email thanking me for enrolling in paperless statements. The card shows up now in my Barclay's online. $5K CL. What a slow and clunky organization/process. But all's well that ends well!
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
fyi - hard to make payments

Barclays doesn't accept ACH or other electronic payment (at least from one major brokerage) so, they have to send a check. First payment - overpayment in the hopes that I could temp increase credit limit for a large purchase (it doesn't).
Make payment - takes 7 days until it appears online THEN my credit limit is DECREASED by the amount of the payment b/c "they put a 10 day hold on the payment". So a total of 17 days before payment is credited.
Second payment - takes 15 days to appear in my account but no hold on the check this time. Could be the mail but also could be that they just process slowly. Both are official bank checks not personal checks.
So the only way to make sure your payment is done quickly is to debit it from your account by giving Barclay all your bank info - something I didn't want to do (too many hacks into major systems so I do all my payments FROM by bank to debtors)
I've never had any bank make it so hard to pay bill. Yes, if there was a physical location near me I could have paid there but there is not any near me.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:12 pm

Got Bonus Matched

I applied under the 70K with less spend and had asked by messages several places that it be matched to the 80K +$100 with 2K spend. I got two message rejections. Today out of the blue I got a letter saying my bonus would be adjusted to +10,000 miles (no $100 credit mentioned). So if the same boat ask for the match !
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:24 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
I applied june 23
got call from 302 was told they approved
they transferred me to another dept who told me that the app was subject to their approval
was told I’d get decision in 14 days or so.
nothing yet.
had card before but more than 5-7 years.

stats website says decision in 10 days

applied for aviator with same biz as my current Wyndham earner biz card constant small spend but mostly gas purchases

any thoughts
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:55 pm

The 80k link is working will I get it even though it says 70k on the website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.