Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by etnograf
I just wanted to chime in to note that I also completed spending around Oct. 22nd, near the beginning of my statement cycle, and the miles did not post nearly 4 weeks later on the November statement. This is much longer than normal in my experience, but hopefully the next statement will have the bonus miles on it.
I finally got the miles today with the new statement. I hope you get yours soon too!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:17 am

Declined - applied before 24 months

Data point: my application was declined. I previously held this card and closed it 2 years ago. I applied with the usual “your application is under review language.” I called to check on application status 2 days later and the rep told me I was declined because I was one week away from the 24 month window in the T&C. I took the risk to apply before the full 24 month reset based on other data points. I’ll try again in a few weeks.
Moh20 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:58 pm

anyone get their payment processed twice by barclays this billing period? I had one scheduled payment and no other manual payments yet they debited my account twice.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by kintsugi8
I finally got the miles today with the new statement. I hope you get yours soon too!
Updated: I received the bonus on the next statement. It took more than 8 weeks from the time I fulfilled the spending requirements to the time in which the welcome bonus posted on the statement.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: AA Gold
I got a letter from Barclays dated Dec. 5 that they need me to call to give them additional information. The letter says to call within 30 days or they will not consider the application. I have tried calling over 6 times at different times of day. Each time I call the wait time is over an hour, sometimes 2 hours. Is there another phone number to call where someone might actually answer? As I said earlier, Barclays offers these cards but I doubt they really want to issue them since they make it so difficult to talk to them. What a horrible bank.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by susiesan
I got a letter from Barclays dated Dec. 5 that they need me to call to give them additional information. The letter says to call within 30 days or they will not consider the application. I have tried calling over 6 times at different times of day. Each time I call the wait time is over an hour, sometimes 2 hours. Is there another phone number to call where someone might actually answer? As I said earlier, Barclays offers these cards but I doubt they really want to issue them since they make it so difficult to talk to them. What a horrible bank.
Did you try both recon. numbers in the WIKI?

Another option is to send them a PM, with reference #, and ask them what additional info they need to approve your app. Give your phone # too & tell them about the LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait times.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 22, 2022 at 11:49 am
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Did you try both recon. numbers in the WIKI?

Another option is to send them a PM, with reference #, and ask them what additional info they need to approve your app. Give your phone # too & tell them about the LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG wait times.
Yes, I did. One of those numbers is the credit issuing department, 866-408-4064 I have spoken to them, was told I was approved for the card from a credit point. I don't know what other information they need.
How do I PM them? Do they have a twitter account?
I am currently on hold with Barclays, 1 hour and49 minutes and no answer.

Last edited by susiesan; Dec 22, 2022 at 1:22 pm
Old Jan 5, 2023, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat

Signed up for aa aviator biz back in Aug 2,2022. Met the 2k spending within a month but did not received the bonus until Dec 27, 2022 after multiple calls. My wife also signed up in Oct and received 80k one month after (Nov). I cannot recall which bonus (60 or 80k ) I signed up for… Is there a way to find out? Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2023, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by susiesan
Yes, I did. One of those numbers is the credit issuing department, 866-408-4064 I have spoken to them, was told I was approved for the card from a credit point. I don't know what other information they need.
How do I PM them? Do they have a twitter account?
I am currently on hold with Barclays, 1 hour and49 minutes and no answer.
susiesan Did this have a happy result?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by philemer
susiesan Did this have a happy result?
Not yet. Someone finally answered the phone after 2 hours, told me the missing information they needed. I faxed it to Barclay's on Dec. 23. They sent me another letter Dec. 28 saying they need to verify information listed on the application and I need to call. Once again, hold time is 90 minutes to get someone to answer the phone. I'm about to say *@ it and get another credit card that gets me AAdvantage miles. Barclay's has to be the WORST bank in the world, American needs to reevaluate having a relationship with them.

Last edited by EmailKid; Jan 6, 2023 at 9:15 am Reason: FT doesn't allow masked profanity.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: Lotz
Just approved instantly for my second card this year. Last one was opened in June and closed three weeks ago.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by rice4u
Signed up for aa aviator biz back in Aug 2,2022. Met the 2k spending within a month but did not received the bonus until Dec 27, 2022 after multiple calls. My wife also signed up in Oct and received 80k one month after (Nov). I cannot recall which bonus (60 or 80k ) I signed up for… Is there a way to find out? Thanks
In the past, I've been able to secure message them to make sure the SUB and terms were what I thought they were.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
On the positive side, I'm kind of digging their hold music. Way above average. For a while I was getting some Stan Getz-like jazz that was almost worth calling in for. Almost.
Applied tonight, 24˝ months after closing my previous Aviator Business card. Got "Your application is being reviewed" and 9 minutes later received a call to go over some financial information.

The representative said he would recommend approval with a $10k credit line but needed to transfer me to another agent, who wanted me to submit a copy of my Social Security card, ID, and bank statement or utility bill.

I prepared to scan them and she said, "I'll give you the P.O. box to send them to."

"I have to mail them? What year is this?"

So they are in an envelope, ready to go tomorrow. Meanwhile, the application-status page has gone from "We are unable to approve you" to "No applications within the last 90 days match the information entered."

Mainly I came to say that I also like the on-hold jazz music.

Seth
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:21 pm
Original Member

This sounds like a scam to get your ss number. Caution!
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I hadn't realized that Barclays seems to have set up the business card as almost a separate business. My bill payments from my bank account are sent electronically to pay my personal cards, but it seems the business card payments are sent by paper check to Georgia, so instead of taking three business days, it can take ten business days! My payment was late because of this.
I used the Barclays website to pull payments. However I set up my bank's bill pay, and had it mail a paper check. I know we've had holidays, but it's been 20+ regular days with no posted payment. Barclays told me to allow 10 business days. Has anyone seen this delays like this?

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 12, 2023 at 6:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.