Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by philemer
@Bill Brasky When you applied did you use your full name as the business name? That's the safest way to apply.
yes - but I added my professional designation at the end (sole prop as the form).

it’s just weird in the fact that I don’t churn, apply for credit often or move my residence. Very basic identity check.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
yes - but I added my professional designation at the end (sole prop as the form).

it’s just weird in the fact that I don’t churn, apply for credit often or move my residence. Very basic identity check.
Adding your prof. designation "may" have complicated things. Next time just use your name as the business name: "William Brasky", period, and then ck. sole prop. of course. And use your home address.
I've had issues with Bank of America many times in the past when applying for business cards but never Barclays. Hope it works out for you.
Hope this isn't a trend.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 10:35 pm

Application links gone?

I'm looking to apply for this card but none of the links appear to be working? Did I miss out?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 11:32 pm

So I applied for this card mid sept. We are reviewing your app forever. Got approved about 7 days later. Just got the card. Went into to check the spending offer, but can't find it anywhere, I called, they said nothing was attached to my account for the spending offer. Gezz...Should I even try now that I got the card?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

These offers come and ago. Always keep a screenshot of the offer.
happychic likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
Update - Faxed the ID documents to Barclays on Friday. Yesterday, I went online and checked the status of the app and it showed I was declined (this is after I was told it was approved - I just needed to provide the requested documents). I called back and the first person I spoke to told me I was approved and transferred me to the "security department." A courteous rep put me on hold while she checked things out and a few minutes later came back on the line to tell me all was good and I should receive the card in 7-10 days. I'm pretty sure she actually did whatever review was necessary while I was on hold. The trick with Barlcays seems to be getting the right person on the line. A guy I spoke to last week was curt and told me to wait for a letter in the mail for further instructions and he couldn't tell me anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now about this SUB, @philemer has me nervous as I didn't think to get a screenshot
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
Now about this SUB, @philemer has me nervous as I didn't think to get a screenshot
I'm sure you'll get it.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Barclays has (temporarily) stopped accepting applications while they "explore further enhancements":

https://awardwallet.com/blog/barclay...s-credit-card/
Old Oct 10, 2023, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Barclays has (temporarily) stopped accepting applications while they "explore further enhancements":

https://awardwallet.com/blog/barclay...s-credit-card/
"Enhancements" are usually not good for the consumer. The article doesn't say "temporarily" but "paused indefinitely"
Not sure what that time frame will mean.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 10, 2023 at 10:25 pm
Old Oct 17, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Barclay Aviator Biz opened in Oct 2022, so I just reached my 1st anniversary - the 5% miles is calculated from the miles I earned from spending (excluding the SUB), so I only earned 109 miles from $2,180 spend.

On the contrary, for Barclay Aviator Biz opened in 2019 -- Back in 2020, when I reached my 1st anniversary, they calculated the 5% miles from SUB + spending.

Does the above hold for the rest of you?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Same here. Gone
Old Feb 7, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum Elite. Have MR, UR, TYP, C1R, and Bilt R points.
Got the card last January when the SUB with 80k miles + $95 statement credit. The annual fee posted a few days ago, and called Barclaycard today. Didn't do much spending after meeting the MSR. Only made a purchase last month to keep the card active. Was offered 5000 miles after $1k purchases within 3 months. Haven't decided if I will take up on the retention offer.

Asked the customer representative when they plan to release the card again. She confirmed that they are revamping the card, but no updates on the timeline and "enhancements".
philemer and hightide like this.
Old Yesterday, 2:48 pm

I called Barclays to ask about this card. The rep was sure it was still active and accepting applications. He said he would transfer me to the applications line for the card and we can check. He did and we heard a message how this card is currently not accepting applications. Rep was very surprised. They have no idea.
Old Today, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gef100
..... Rep was very surprised. They have no idea.
That should surprise no one here.
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.