Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Do Barclays Business cards show on your personal credit report and count towards Chase 5/24?
No. In fact, business cards from hardly any major banks do (Discover is the main one left IIRC).

However, the inquiry (pull) for business card applications do show on at least one personal credit report. Chase doesn't use that for 5/24, but some other banks do look at inquiries (but inquiry counts only matter if they're on the particular credit report that that the bank pulls).
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by LlamaJesus
Applied 6/6/21. Website just updated to say that as of 6/18/21 (i.e., today) I was approved with a $1k limit. Just churning this card so whatever, but surprised it took so long and only a $1k limit since I haven't really had any issues getting other business cards (I mean, Citi gave me a $16k limit lol). But ultimately all irrelevant anyway.
Did you ever have to call in? And what line of business did you say on app?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No. In fact, business cards from hardly any major banks do (Discover is the main one left IIRC).

However, the inquiry (pull) for business card applications do show on at least one personal credit report. Chase doesn't use that for 5/24, but some other banks do look at inquiries (but inquiry counts only matter if they're on the particular credit report that that the bank pulls).
Capital One biz cards also show up on your CR. https://www.johnnyjet.com/capital-on...edit-activity/
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch

Thanks. In that case, one can safely apply for the Barclays Business offers without mucking things up with Chase.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Did you ever have to call in? And what line of business did you say on app?
No, they never called me (or asked me to call them). Real estate (I'm a very small-time landlord).
Old Jul 4, 2021, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Capital One biz cards also show up on your CR. https://www.johnnyjet.com/capital-on...edit-activity/
That may be somewhat out of date. That linked article is dated 3 days after a change that Capital One made, but it's not clear whether the article was written then or only updated for some unrelated reason then and was thus already out date. Per newer sources:

"starting 10/20/20 for new cardholders, the Spark Cash for Business will not report any activity to the personal credit bureaus, as long as the account remains in good standing. It will report positive activity to business credit bureaus."

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/cr...-one-business/
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:57 am

Just applied and got this. Do I need to do anything in the meantime? How long does it take?Thanks for submitting an application for the AAdvantage Aviator World Elite Business Mastercard.

We're processing your application and need additional information from you. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we'll try to contact you at any of the phone numbers you provided in your application.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:53 pm

Just received an email that I got approved and expect to arrive in 7-10 business days. So it took just over 24 hours for review!

Edit: Anyway to expedite the card? I hoped to get it earlier next week or before

Last edited by good_boy_1234; Jul 7, 2021 at 9:21 pm
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:53 pm

I have this card for almost 2 years, barely use it after i got the bonus. Planning to transfer CL to jetblue biz card and close the card, reapply in few months. anything wrong this approach?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Business Income?

With Barclays, is it a good idea to list some business income on the application? The business was registered with the IRS some 5 years ago.

Thanks...
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It appears this card will be managed from a different URL, with a different user interface, beginning 8.15.2021: https://barclays.us/servicing https://cards.barclaycardus.com/

Last edited by mia; Aug 15, 2021 at 6:56 am
Old Aug 4, 2021, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

After receiving the AA Aviator personal card in May of this year I decided to apply for the AA Aviator Business card a couple days ago. Status was "we need more time to review your app." The next day I checked the status and I was denied.. They'll give me a reason by mail w/in 30 days.

The only other card I've applied for, and received, in the last 12 months was the CSP on 6/14/21. Great credit & a real business. Maybe they were spooked by the two new cards I received this year?

[Edit: I was rejected b/c I violated Barclays' 24 month rule (must wait 24 months from the date you voluntarily closed the previous card to reapply. My bad.]
mia likes this.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 4, 2021 at 9:34 am
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:03 pm

New to Barclays. Wife has an old Arrival card that we hardly ever use. Applied for the Biz card on Tuesday...got the "more time to review" message. Checked status tonight and it wasn't denied, but just says "process of reviewing." Should I call in or give it more time?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DVDBob
New to Barclays. Wife has an old Arrival card that we hardly ever use. Applied for the Biz card on Tuesday...got the "more time to review" message. Checked status tonight and it wasn't denied, but just says "process of reviewing." Should I call in or give it more time?
Doesn't hurt to call in. They may just want to ask you a question or two.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
It appears this card will be managed from a different URL, with a different user interface, beginning 8.15.2021: https://barclays.us/servicing
Actually, the mailer that I got a week or two ago says simply that this card will appear on the regular (personal card) Barclays US website:

BarclaysUS.com

It further says:

"If you have a Barclays personal credit card account, you will use that login to access both your personal credit card account and your business credit card account. If you only have a business card account, you will need to create a new login."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.