Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Pay at least $95 prior to the first statement closing if you want the points soonest. That's the cost of the annual fee and I believe that it needs to be paid before Barclay's will give you the sign-up bonus points.

If you don't pay it prior to the first statement closing, you'll wait another month for the sign-up bonus points since the points are sent to AA when your statements close.
Good info. Many thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2020, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lkar
Player 2 in my household just got approved. Got a message saying they needed more information. She called and they asked a couple of questions -- nature of the business whether it operated outside the U.S. Approved three days later and the cards came in about a week. Much smoother and quicker than when I applied about a month or so ago.

If you did the offer where you get an extra 10k for putting spending on the AU card don't forget to do that too.

When I got the card my first statement closed about a week after the annual fee posted give or take. Unfortunately, it took me so long to get the card that the statement had already issued by the time I was able to do the spending.
Yes, we did the sign up with the extra 10,000 miles for a single charge on the Authorized User card.

I made a $1 charge to our cell phone bill on day 1 and paid it off immediately.

Now, I’m waiting on the $1,000 charge to post for the Primary cardholder + the annual fee. I will initiate the payment tomorrow.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:54 am
Suspended

I tried making a payment (Pre-Payment for annual fee) this morning, but because I have a $0 Balance, it won't let me. Total Bummer.

Also, my pending charge just disappeared (all available credit restored). I'm hoping this is a glitch like what happens on Chase Business cards. Charges will pend for a day or two, then disappear for a day or two before finally posting.

Who knows -

Last edited by FriscoHeavy; Sep 23, 2020 at 8:05 am
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy
I tried making a payment (Pre-Payment for annual fee) this morning, but because I have a $0 Balance, it won't let me.....
You could send a payment using your bank's online billpay system.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia

Hahahaha - my Credit Union, while I absolutely love them, has probably the most archaic and worst bill pay feature of all time. I'd send a check today over trying to use my bank's bill pay .

I called Barclays. Charges are indeed pending and the statement closes on the 26th of the month (3 more days). All I can do is hope the charges post tomorrow and I can pay them via the Barclays website (pull the money). Yes, I'm 'anxious' and would love to get the bonus on this first statement, but let's face it, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS if I have to wait one more month for the bonus miles to post. I won't be booking the flights until March-ish anyway. But hey, we can always look forward to something right?

I know, sounds crazy, but I get a 'high' when miles, bonuses, points, etc post. It's what gets me (and I'm sure a lot of you) excited.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mia
Hahahaha - my Credit Union, while I absolutely love them, has probably the most archaic and worst bill pay feature of all time. I'd send a check today over trying to use my bank's bill pay .

I called Barclays. Charges are indeed pending and the statement closes on the 26th of the month (3 more days). All I can do is hope the charges post tomorrow and I can pay them via the Barclays website (pull the money). Yes, I'm 'anxious' and would love to get the bonus on this first statement, but let's face it, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS if I have to wait one more month for the bonus miles to post. I won't be booking the flights until March-ish anyway. But hey, we can always look forward to something right?

I know, sounds crazy, but I get a 'high' when miles, bonuses, points, etc post. It's what gets me (and I'm sure a lot of you) excited.
Barclay's has the slowest receipt of payment process I've ever seen. My first payment I sent via my CU bill pay system - it took a week because they sent Barclay's a check. (?)

Second payment they sent an ACH payment....but still took a week. FWIW, my CU bill pay system is FISERV which is - from my understanding - a large player in this game.

I got around the delay by temporarily adding my CU account to the Barclay online account and making the payment via pull from Barclay's instead of push from my CU account. That only took two days, after which I deleted the CU account access from my Barclay account.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Barclay's has the slowest receipt of payment process I've ever seen. My first payment I sent via my CU bill pay system - it took a week because they sent Barclay's a check. (?)

Second payment they sent an ACH payment....but still took a week. FWIW, my CU bill pay system is FISERV which is - from my understanding - a large player in this game.

I got around the delay by temporarily adding my CU account to the Barclay online account and making the payment via pull from Barclay's instead of push from my CU account. That only took two days, after which I deleted the CU account access from my Barclay account.
Very interesting. I will definitely initiate the pull from Barclays side from our checking account.

On a side note not related to this regarding a check, I had an interesting thing happen a couple of weeks ago.
I went online and ordered about $60 of dog treats and saw the option of ‘ACH - Draft from Account’, which I selected for the hell of it over a debit/credit card, thinking it would be withdrawn within a day or so.

Fast forward about two weeks and the charge finally posts/drafts from our bank account and when I go investigate it, I kid you not, something happened behind the scenes that caused all this rigamarole to go around and end the end, my bank sent a check to the vendor. I was able to see the cashed check coly and signatures.

Hadn’t had that happen in a coon’s age. Now, I do physically send out several checks a monthfor various bills and obligations, but this one was just strange.

cheers
for listening to my rant.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 5:40 am
Suspended

Update: Charges posted today. I set up for payment from Barclays website this morning (to pull the money from my bank). The 'important' thing is to see if the bonus posts when the first statement closes in 2 days.

We'll see!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:14 am
Suspended

Another Update:

As mentioned yesterday, I initiated payment from the Barclays website yesterday (24th). When I woke up this morning, the payment had effectively posted and the balance updated accordingly. Also, the money has been pulled from our checking account.

All this to say, if you initiate the payment from Barclays instead of 'pushing' from your bank's bill pay, it will post within a business day.

Cheers!
sdsearch likes this.

Last edited by FriscoHeavy; Sep 25, 2020 at 7:24 am
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Statement closed on September 28th with the sign up bonus.

From statement closing, it took 24-48 hours for miles to lost to American. I’ve already mailed them a letter to cancel and close the card.

Boom - one more bonus off the list.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Statement closed on September 28th with the sign up bonus.

From statement closing, it took 24-48 hours for miles to lost to American. I’ve already mailed them a letter to cancel and close the card.

Boom - one more bonus off the list.
That's a little aggressive, lol. You can obtain multiples of this bonus....though I think your chances would have been better had you held onto the card for a year. Closing the card after a month sends a pretty strong message to the bank that you have no interest in being a customer.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:15 pm
Suspended

That's a little aggressive, lol. You can obtain multiples of this bonus....though I think your chances would have been better had you held onto the card for a year. Closing the card after a month sends a pretty strong message to the bank that you have no interest in being a customer.
Haha - a strong message indeed. I honestly have zero use for the Barclays card. If we are never able to get another one, it’s really no skin off our backs.

We use the Citi AA card for all daily purchases. I got this Barclays card for my wife, purely for the initial sign bonus. Aggressive, I suppose 😀
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

We use the Citi AA card for all daily purchases.
Why? There is no need to put any spend on Citi Executive to use the Admirals Club membership. Executive earns 1 mile per dollar, double miles for AA tickets. Barclays card earns 1.05 per dollar, with double miles in four categories.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mia
Why? There is no need to put any spend on Citi Executive to use the Admirals Club membership. Executive earns 1 mile per dollar, double miles for AA tickets. Barclays card earns 1.05 per dollar, with double miles in four categories.
Well, there are a few reasons, but namely simplicity for my wife.

Then, when you consider:

1. There is no material difference between 1 and 1.05 miles per dollar, it’s not worth any effort.

2. I’m not going to keep both cards when they both have annual fees.

3. The Barclays card came with a paltry $5,000 limit vs $37,500 with Citi.

4. Again, simplicity. It’s much easier for my wife to have one card to go to when she’s out. She’s not going to be bothered to try and decide which card is best for a given scenario.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Really?? The fine print not only says ONE bonus per person but that they can take back miles if they find out you got more than one!
"You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new American Airlines® AAdvantage®Aviator® Business Mastercard® account after this Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former American Airlines® AAdvantage®Aviator® Business Mastercard® cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your AAdvantage® miles by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.