Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
I've tried the following from Walmart Billpay
- Visa
- Alliant Credit Union
- Credit Union Financial Services

They all come back with
'Oops, we're having temporary system issues. Please try back soon.'

This is the error I get when you've done more than 5 in rolling 30 days, but this is a brand new card, so I have yet to do a billpay with my Alliant card.
That's the error you get when the card isn't in their system. If you try to pay it instore via these methods, it returns an error. Basically, this card can't be paid via WMBP.

You can pay the card on the Alliant website or use your bank/credit union's BP site to pay the card - worst case is they mail a check to Alliant for the payment.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
That's the error you get when the card isn't in their system. If you try to pay it instore via these methods, it returns an error. Basically, this card can't be paid via WMBP.

You can pay the card on the Alliant website or use your bank/credit union's BP site to pay the card - worst case is they mail a check to Alliant for the payment.
That is really odd. I've never seen a Visa credit card that couldn't be paid with Checkfreepay Visa payment. Total bummer, as I was planning on using Walmart billpay to pay off my Alliant Visa card. I'm surprised no else has mentioned this before. I can't be the only only that tried to billpay Alliant with checkfreepay.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:05 am

It’s in the BP thread somewhere.

It is odd. My “real” bank cant pay it electronically (probably for the same reason) and instead mails a paper check for payments.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
It’s in the BP thread somewhere.

It is odd. My “real” bank cant pay it electronically (probably for the same reason) and instead mails a paper check for payments.
So what are people going to use this POS (and I don't mean point of sale) for, now? Knowing the issuer can retroactively make purchases 0% cash back when people were expecting 3%?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
... My “real” bank cant pay it electronically (probably for the same reason) and instead mails a paper check for payments.
Many credit unions have the same problem as Alliant does.

I cannot electronically push payments from any other financial institution to Navy Federal Credit Union, as the payment has to be sent by check. The same concept applies to a local credit union where I live where they don't accept electronic push payments from another financial institution, even through bill pay.

As much as I love credit unions for their non-shareholder business methods, I cannot permanently get rid of big bank products since CU's often have head-scratching features that are missing from what an average financial institution may offer.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:30 pm

I've used this card for GCM purchases and have not received the warning letter that others have reported. Cumulative purchases using this card is about $15K/month with a lot left on CL for MS and nonMS purchases at B&M stores. My CBs on TCB are all on pending status with correct CB amounts.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I've used this card for GCM purchases and have not received the warning letter that others have reported. Cumulative purchases using this card is about $15K/month with a lot left on CL for MS and nonMS purchases at B&M stores. My CBs on TCB are all on pending status with correct CB amounts.
I was skeptical after seeing it posted on 1 blog but I got the letter in my mailbox yesterday for checking and 3% card. Mine was dated March 5 and said they will check the accounts again in 30 days and cancel if "business" usage continues. They are probably rolling them out from heaviest spenders first and then down the line. My annual fee is due in april so I'll probably close both accounts before they close them. It was nice while it lasted.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 6:31 am

I must be losing my mind. I just had my first Alliant statement post but I can't find the Rewards anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:30 am

I must be losing my mind. I just had my first Alliant statement post but I can't find the Rewards anywhere. Is it hidden somewhere?
The very last section of the bill, the section after interest charges, is "Alliant Cashback Rewards".
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:21 pm

I didn't receive any letter but got 0 points for Simon purchases in the latest statement that closed yesterday.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio
I didn't receive any letter but got 0 points for Simon purchases in the latest statement that closed yesterday.
Buying in store? My statement closed around the same time as you but I got the 3%.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 5:51 am

Does anyone redeem rewards via statement credit? I did 8 days ago and I see it listed in complete status on the redemption site, but when I look at my card account activity I don't see any credit. Anyone else have this experience? Is there just a delay or should I be worried and have to call in. I redeemed to checking the prior month with no issues.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:43 am

Does anyone redeem rewards via statement credit? I did 8 days ago and I see it listed in complete status on the redemption site, but when I look at my card account activity I don't see any credit. Anyone else have this experience? Is there just a delay or should I be worried and have to call in. I redeemed to checking the prior month with no issues.
Don't redeem by statement credit. It takes 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to post vs. 2-3 days via checking/savings account deposit.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:32 am

Don't redeem by statement credit. It takes 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to post vs. 2-3 days via checking/savings account deposit.
Holy cow. Wish I would have known that. Guess I'll check back in a few months to make sure it was credited properly.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:52 am

Simon purchases still good ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.