Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:09 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Etp
....If they....
Have you received a notice of the fee increase?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:47 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by mia
No.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
I just received my notice this morning. I have had my card for 1 year and a few months. This is very maddening to me. Especially with no increase in benefits (be it cash back or an additional visa benefit). It show shows you how this credit union treats it members.

Now it looks like you need to spend (after year 1) $19,800 per year to make the annual fee off set the cash back vs just having the city double cash back.
That’s up from about $11,800 when the fee was only $58. That’s a MASSIVE increase for gaining nothing.

The only real difference between the 2 cards benefits is Alliant doesn’t charge an foreign transaction fee while City does.

For me I’m going to go back and see how much we spent on that card in the last year. It’s the only card we use so it has potential that we spend that much. If we don’t then I’ll finish this “year” (next fee is due February) then it’s off to City. Then I will just have a basic card that doesn’t have foreign fees for the once a year or so we go out of country.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:38 pm
Etp

Originally Posted by mia
I received the notice today. AF on my card will be $59 in 2020, and $99 in 2021 and thereafter.
mia likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:16 am

Is this card almost impossible to get? Applied about 2 weeks ago, gave instant approval with 15k CL, but then got a message asking for further verification. I provided DL, paystubs, job letter, utility bill and asked when the card would be mailed to me. Now they want me to authorize them to get transcript from IRS for my tax returns. Fico over 800 and 2/24 status.. Has anyone gone though this process? Is it worth going forward?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by gujudog
Is this card almost impossible to get? Applied about 2 weeks ago, gave instant approval with 15k CL, but then got a message asking for further verification. I provided DL, paystubs, job letter, utility bill and asked when the card would be mailed to me. Now they want me to authorize them to get transcript from IRS for my tax returns. Fico over 800 and 2/24 status.. Has anyone gone though this process? Is it worth going forward?
I remember having to give paystubs and maybe one other thing (W2?).

Only you can decide if its worth it. FWIW, I requested a CL increase a little over one year in and it was approved without additional paperwork. So, once youre in, youre likely in.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: DL,HH,MR,Hertz
Originally Posted by danpeake

I remember having to give paystubs and maybe one other thing (W2?).

Only you can decide if its worth it. FWIW, I requested a CL increase a little over one year in and it was approved without additional paperwork. So, once youre in, youre likely in.
Can I ask how much credit limit you had and how much they raised it to? I'm at 15K and would really like 25K, but they were so fussy about the original application I'm not sure I dare ask. (They wanted a full copy of my most recent tax return; never had anyone ask that before.) I don't use it for MS, but some months I do hit my limit with regular spend.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
I dont remember having to go as far as getting tax returns. However, I do remember it being a lot of work compared to most credit cards.

Is it worth it? For me yes. I wanted to get to 1 card that I use for everything. (Aka, I want credit card rewards but I want it easy. Highest reward, no categories, cash not points, not juggling 10 different cards).
It fits that bill perfectly and we get a lot of cash back every year for it. If this is going to be card #10 and maybe used. I would prob just use Chase.

My CL is $15k. Thats what was given when I signed up. I have not tried to raise it.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by GreenWing
Can I ask how much credit limit you had and how much they raised it to? I'm at 15K and would really like 25K, but they were so fussy about the original application I'm not sure I dare ask. (They wanted a full copy of my most recent tax return; never had anyone ask that before.) I don't use it for MS, but some months I do hit my limit with regular spend.
$10k to start; raised to $20k after about a year. I heard you can't ask for an increase in CL until one year so I didn't even ask for an increase until that point.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:44 pm

Do Simon purchases (in person) still give cashback?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold, HH Plat, IHG Plat, JB Mosaic
Yeah, I have been getting 3% CB on all my Simon purchases.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:00 pm
bbd

Just got a letter, the 2.5% is now maxed out at 10k per month in charges. $250.00 dollars
guess i wont be using this card as much anymore

I am assuming after 10k, it goes to 0%
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:36 pm
bbd

Originally Posted by bbd
Just got a letter, the 2.5% is now maxed out at 10k per month in charges. $250.00 dollars
guess i wont be using this card as much anymore

I am assuming after 10k, it goes to 0%
Anyone find another card that will do 2.5% or higher
i am currently using the BOA travel card which works out to 2.625%, but i could use more.
10k per month limit i would have used in 1-2 days.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by bbd
Anyone find another card that will do 2.5% or higher
i am currently using the BOA travel card which works out to 2.625%, but i could use more.
10k per month limit i would have used in 1-2 days.
The BofA Premium card gives 2.625 and 3.5% on restaurant and travel. It has a 95 fee but $100 travel credit. That's the card I use. Other cards that pay more have caps. Another card to consider is us Bank Altitude reserve that gives 4.5 for mobile pay charges like Apple pay.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:48 pm
bbd

Originally Posted by trikotret
The BofA Premium card gives 2.625 and 3.5% on restaurant and travel. It has a 95 fee but $100 travel credit. That's the card I use. Other cards that pay more have caps. Another card to consider is us Bank Altitude reserve that gives 4.5 for mobile pay charges like Apple pay.
i use the card for places that dont take apple or google pay etc. so that cars wont work for me.

right now boa travel is the best

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.