Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by yugi
Even before the first year my grandfathered Priceline 2x/5x is better than this, otherwise I'd just use Freedom Unlimited instead.
I see three issues with that card when compared to the Limitless.

1) You're dealing with Barclays compared to USAA... I'd rather deal with USAA 100 times over.

2) 2x is not as good as 2.5% cash back. The 5x is only for Priceline purchases, which isn't exactly my go-to travel site, but if it's yours, that's fine.

3) You redeem your travel points as a statement credit, I would hate that. The Limitless gives you your cash back as soon as the transaction posts.

Personally I use this card as a secondary payment method after my combo AMEX's (Premier Rewards Gold and Everyday Preferred).
Old Apr 14, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Does this card offer purchase price protection?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I see three issues with that card when compared to the Limitless.

1) You're dealing with Barclays compared to USAA... I'd rather deal with USAA 100 times over.

2) 2x is not as good as 2.5% cash back. The 5x is only for Priceline purchases, which isn't exactly my go-to travel site, but if it's yours, that's fine.

3) You redeem your travel points as a statement credit, I would hate that. The Limitless gives you your cash back as soon as the transaction posts.

Personally I use this card as a secondary payment method after my combo AMEX's (Premier Rewards Gold and Everyday Preferred).
2x Priceline points worth 3.33 cents, which is better than anything else. Priceline NYOP is a cheapest price for hotels found anywhere. Combined with 5x and cashback portals I achieved 30-50% discounts compared to regular prices. I was not dealing with Barclay's that much, but they were pretty helpful when I called them. Also Priceline a card has no AF and no FTF. You can redeem against any purchase, but the best is to redeem against Priceline purchase. Points appear as transaction posts, and you can use them right away. I usually just wait when I do a Priceline purchase, then redeem. It's a great card.
Chase FU is my next best non-category spend card. If my Priceline goes away, I will use FU.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by yugi
2x Priceline points worth 3.33 cents, which is better than anything else. Priceline NYOP is a cheapest price for hotels found anywhere. Combined with 5x and cashback portals I achieved 30-50% discounts compared to regular prices. I was not dealing with Barclay's that much, but they were pretty helpful when I called them. Also Priceline a card has no AF and no FTF. You can redeem against any purchase, but the best is to redeem against Priceline purchase. Points appear as transaction posts, and you can use them right away. I usually just wait when I do a Priceline purchase, then redeem. It's a great card.
Chase FU is my next best non-category spend card. If my Priceline goes away, I will use FU.
You also have to remember your card has a grandfathered rewards structure, so new applicants won't be able to apply for your version of the card.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
You also have to remember your card has a grandfathered rewards structure, so new applicants won't be able to apply for your version of the card.
Yes, now you get 1x/5x, which is not bad as well for no AF/no FTF card. Each point worth 1.666 cents. Yes, there are better cards right now with similar features, such as Penfed Power Cash Rewards, also no AF/no FTF, and 2% cashback. I'd still prefer Chase FU instead.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
No wonder you keep getting shutdown.
Knock on wood, no shutdowns in past year. That was back when doing WF and I'm sure plenty of people experienced the same issues when doing much more volume than I was asking about. This card is really only interesting to me if you can do a fair amount of MS on it.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:43 pm

Data Point:

I've been an Alliant checking holder for approx 3 years. I received a pre-approved email for this card last week. I was a little concerned about applying because i read someone got denied for income less than 100k. I'm between 50-60k and my credit score is between 800-810. I also am coming back from a break and haven't had a Transunion pull in 15 months. I was at 4/24 and just got approved for a Chase card last week before applying for this card. I only asked for 10k credit line because I didn't want to push my luck and it is inline with current cards although I had some 20k lines I closed last year.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by nmp0
Data Point:

I've been an Alliant checking holder for approx 3 years. I received a pre-approved email for this card last week. I was a little concerned about applying because i read someone got denied for income less than 100k. I'm between 50-60k and my credit score is between 800-810. I also am coming back from a break and haven't had a Transunion pull in 15 months. I was at 4/24 and just got approved for a Chase card last week before applying for this card. I only asked for 10k credit line because I didn't want to push my luck and it is inline with current cards although I had some 20k lines I closed last year.
Thanks for the dp. Only thing missing, did you get approved or not?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Thanks for the dp. Only thing missing, did you get approved or not?
😀 Minor details. I applied Sunday afternoon and got an approval email Sunday night.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:10 pm

Has anyone redeemed cash to their account yet? My statement just closed and I chose checking account. It's asking for my account number, but I'm not sure if it wants the Alliant member number or the checking account number?

Also, how long after submitting the request do the funds take to show up in the account?

Thank you?
Old May 15, 2017, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Has anyone redeemed cash to their account yet? My statement just closed and I chose checking account. It's asking for my account number, but I'm not sure if it wants the Alliant member number or the checking account number?

Also, how long after submitting the request do the funds take to show up in the account?

Thank you?
I think it took about 2-3 business days. I put in my Alliant checking account number.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I think it took about 2-3 business days. I put in my Alliant checking account number.
Thanks!
Old May 23, 2017, 5:28 am

In the market for a new general spending card for cash back.
What's the max credit line on this card for new members?
My average monthly is $25-35K (no MS), so need something big.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by nmp0
Data Point:

Your Chase card hadn't shown up on your credit profile yet, so Alliant won't see that unless you apply after your first statement hits.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:29 am

Your Chase card hadn't shown up on your credit profile yet, so Alliant won't see that unless you apply after your first statement hits.
I thought new accounts show up on your credit report right away, except for Amex accounts which seem to be delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.