FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alliant CU VISA, 3% cash 1st yr, then 2.5% (Capped). Fee waived 1st year.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:14 pm
yugi

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I see three issues with that card when compared to the Limitless.

1) You're dealing with Barclays compared to USAA... I'd rather deal with USAA 100 times over.

2) 2x is not as good as 2.5% cash back. The 5x is only for Priceline purchases, which isn't exactly my go-to travel site, but if it's yours, that's fine.

3) You redeem your travel points as a statement credit, I would hate that. The Limitless gives you your cash back as soon as the transaction posts.

Personally I use this card as a secondary payment method after my combo AMEX's (Premier Rewards Gold and Everyday Preferred).
2x Priceline points worth 3.33 cents, which is better than anything else. Priceline NYOP is a cheapest price for hotels found anywhere. Combined with 5x and cashback portals I achieved 30-50% discounts compared to regular prices. I was not dealing with Barclay's that much, but they were pretty helpful when I called them. Also Priceline a card has no AF and no FTF. You can redeem against any purchase, but the best is to redeem against Priceline purchase. Points appear as transaction posts, and you can use them right away. I usually just wait when I do a Priceline purchase, then redeem. It's a great card.
Chase FU is my next best non-category spend card. If my Priceline goes away, I will use FU.