Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 10:31 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
New to the Alaska game but wouldn't mind some Alaska miles for a partner redemption. I have a real (15 yr credit history) business. I actually wouldn't mind at all having two business credit cards (one for a DBA that I track expenses separately for).

a) Would I have luck applying to two business cards back to back with different business names or would this be a huge flag in the current climate? I have never opened an Alaska nor any BoA cards and don't have a banking relationship with them.

b) Would an appropriate strategy be to apply for 2 business cards and 1 personal on the same day? 1 business and 1 personal? I assume best to to the Business card(s) first either way.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by daveland
New to the Alaska game but wouldn't mind some Alaska miles for a partner redemption. I have a real (15 yr credit history) business. I actually wouldn't mind at all having two business credit cards (one for a DBA that I track expenses separately for).

a) Would I have luck applying to two business cards back to back with different business names or would this be a huge flag in the current climate? I have never opened an Alaska nor any BoA cards and don't have a banking relationship with them.

b) Would an appropriate strategy be to apply for 2 business cards and 1 personal on the same day? 1 business and 1 personal? I assume best to to the Business card(s) first either way.
a) I got approved for two business cards back to back last month under my name. Applied for one online and the other one over the phone. However, someone commented that I got lucky, so I guess it's not likely one would get approved for 2 biz cards on the same day.

The personal card has $100 credit after $1k spend while the business version doesn't.
I applied for my first and only personal in Dec 2016, followed by two biz in Apr 2017.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:06 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by hightide
a) I got approved for two business cards back to back last month under my name. Applied for one online and the other one over the phone. However, someone commented that I got lucky, so I guess it's not likely one would get approved for 2 biz cards on the same day.

The personal card has $100 credit after $1k spend while the business version doesn't.
I applied for my first and only personal in Dec 2016, followed by two biz in Apr 2017.
So both biz cards were just under your name? 0,0,0,0? Which did you apply for first - online or phone?
Old May 25, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by daveland
So both biz cards were just under your name? 0,0,0,0? Which did you apply for first - online or phone?
Yes, both biz cards just under my name.
Online first - the application errored out upon submission. A few hours later, I rang to ask whether they have record of my submitted online app (they didn't) so I applied again over the phone. Two days later, both applications were approved for 10k each.
On both apps, income $5,000 and have been in business for 3 months.
Old May 26, 2017, 10:04 pm

last Alaskan app at end of March was approved for platinum card instead of signature and they would not transfer credit so I just closed card right away. Cut credit limits on personal (cash back) and biz cards (Alaskan) end of April. FICO 800+, 6 figure income. Should I be safe to apply for a new personal card now? Just added another citi platinum AA and a blue biz amex this week so thinking it would be good to include this now before those applications hit the credit record.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
last Alaskan app at end of March was approved for platinum card instead of signature and they would not transfer credit so I just closed card right away. Cut credit limits on personal (cash back) and biz cards (Alaskan) end of April. FICO 800+, 6 figure income. Should I be safe to apply for a new personal card now? Just added another citi platinum AA and a blue biz amex this week so thinking it would be good to include this now before those applications hit the credit record.
Opened cards can take weeks to show up, but the HP from the app shows up instantly now. You might want to wait a while so that B/A doesn't see those 2 recent HPs and get skittish.

Of course it all depends up which CB B/A pulls for you. If it's not the same one as was pulled for those 2 other cards it won't matter at all.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thought I would just share my experience quickly. Been eyeing the personal and Business cards for the sign-up bonuses for a trip next spring. Did some reading on the application process and was a bit uneasy. Just worried I'd have to go through hoops and call in the recon line. but I'm glad to report all went well.

I applied for my personal card 1st. After filling out fields, I was taken to a second page to answer a couple of security questions. After a short wait I was immediately approved for the Visa signature.

I then immediately applied for the business card. Note: I don't really have a business, but may in the future? Business name was my name, no DBA name, years / months in business 0, $0 gross sales, applied for individual rewards, used my ssn for ein, as well as when filling out my information, used my personal address for business address. I was approved immediately with a line of credit.

I did this same process for my wife after my applications where complete. She was approved for both cards as well.

Note on credit:
-Both our credit scores are in the high 700's to low 800's
-We have no other BOA credit cards or affiliations
-We have both applied for credit cards recently and been approved. (1 in April / 2 in May)

I was excited to get approved for all and now will just need to enjoy the miles ; - >

Thanks for all the help everyone!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:53 am

2 BIZ, SSN, EIN, and Personal

Originally Posted by Superorb
I've never heard of anyone trying that either. If you decide to go for it be sure to report back here. I would be willing to bet that you could get the personal and first biz card approved easily, but a 3rd card would likely take some talking to a recon agent.
First thanks for all the great info, been super helpful in planning my future AS churnings. Came across this and had to post my DP.

I already had 1 AS personal from a couple years ago.

Started with all 3 CB frozen, unfroze Equifax in anticipation of biz apps. Applied for first Biz card with my SSN, 0 years, $500 income, went pending then showed up on my account page a day later.

Applied for second biz same-day with an EIN, 3 years, $10k income (unverified), went pending and didn't show up on my account page. Hmm, ok, wait and see.

Called and reduced CL on personal, then called and closed account 2 days later. Applied for second personal same day as biz apps thinking they pulled from the same CB (they didn't), went pending.

Ended up getting 2 letters, one for the personal saying my Experian was frozen and I needed to call, one for the second biz saying I "already had sufficient credit" but I could get a secured card if I put $1,500 into a CD.

Called recon on personal, told them to use TU which I had unfrozen, instantly approved.

Stewed a while on 2nd biz and decided to call, CSR says I can just split the CL between biz cards. She was nice and asked a few probing questions about why I needed a second biz card, I was charming and she approved Turns out I was exactly 31 days after my app, so I had to take another HP, oh well.

So there we have it, 1 biz EIN, 1 biz SSN, and 1 personal. I'm thinking about going for another personal, then maybe trying for 2nd with each biz for a total of 6 and churning each every 4-6 months. What do y'all think?

Last edited by Archer39J; Jun 1, 2017 at 10:09 am
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Archer39J

So there we have it, 1 biz EIN, 1 biz SSN, and 1 personal. I'm thinking about going for another personal, then maybe trying for 2nd with each biz for a total of 6 and churning each every 4-6 months. What do y'all think?
Don't push it, as that 2nd personal card will almost definitely be rejected.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:06 am

Don't push it, as that 2nd personal card will almost definitely be rejected.
I've seen conflicting DPs, given the high CL on the personal I feel confident if I reduce it and apply for a 2nd it should go through.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:49 am

I have 2 AS cards from the 25k no spend offer and the AF has just hit today 6/1

I'm trying to find out if I will receive a companion pass for these cards and if so, when?

If I won't be receiving them is there any reason I shouldn't just close both today?

I haven't spent anything on either for several months.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:34 pm

I've seen conflicting DPs, given the high CL on the personal I feel confident if I reduce it and apply for a 2nd it should go through.
Are you a Preferred Member? If so that's probably the only way you'll get another one approved. Roll the dice if you dare.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:45 pm

Are you a Preferred Member? If so that's probably the only way you'll get another one approved. Roll the dice if you dare.
Nope, I'm not. Worst case I waste a HP, at 802 I think I can handle that
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:40 pm

Nope, I'm not. Worst case I waste a HP, at 802 I think I can handle that
Number of pulls is sometimes more important than your score. In any case let us know what happens if you go for it.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:00 am

Just opened a BoA checking account again since they were offering $100 and I want to get back into their good graces to get me some additional BoA cards. My wife had kept her account opened and has continued to have great success while I closed mine about a year ago and started getting declines afterward. Hoping this does the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.