Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Tried using Apple Pay at a Jersey Mikes in Des Peres, MO. The guy behind the counter wasn't sure if it worked. I tried using it and got a decline. What "currency" did it try to use?

Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IslesFan
Tried using Apple Pay at a Jersey Mikes in Des Peres, MO. The guy behind the counter wasn't sure if it worked. I tried using it and got a decline. What "currency" did it try to use?
Belgian Franc according to Google (now defunct and replaced by the Euro).

Speaking of Jersey Mike's, I was able to tap my Diners Club card without issue tonight. Guess this means AP still doesn't work there yet.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:10 pm

I will be stopping by Rite Aid tomorrow morning for an Apple Pay test. I will be testing Visa and MasterCard, credit and debit. Will let you know if pin routing is working and if they update the theme on the terminals to show the Contactless logo bigger and for more time.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
Belgian Franc according to Google (now defunct and replaced by the Euro).

Speaking of Jersey Mike's, I was able to tap my Diners Club card without issue tonight. Guess this means AP still doesn't work there yet.
Hence why I was asking. I think the last thing I'd expect is a decline with a currency that's been discontinued for 12+ years!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:14 pm

Heh, I live 5 minutes away from that Jersey Mikes. The one and only time I went there my iPhone wouldn't even respond to the NFC reader, so maybe they're slowly trying to get it enabled? Although it's a new location, it opened up in the past couple months, you'd think they would've been ready to go from the start.

BTW, if you're still in the area and want a good sandwich, go down the street to Fozzies, it's about a mile east of Jersey Mike's on Manchester and a lot better IMO.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:03 am

The exact same thing happened to me months ago at Jersey Mikes when they were first added to the Apple Pay "coming soon" list. The currency was marked as Belgian Francs too.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by t325
Heh, I live 5 minutes away from that Jersey Mikes. The one and only time I went there my iPhone wouldn't even respond to the NFC reader, so maybe they're slowly trying to get it enabled? Although it's a new location, it opened up in the past couple months, you'd think they would've been ready to go from the start.

BTW, if you're still in the area and want a good sandwich, go down the street to Fozzies, it's about a mile east of Jersey Mike's on Manchester and a lot better IMO.

I'm here for another week. I'll have to try that place. Staying near the airport.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by WhatWhatTech
The exact same thing happened to me months ago at Jersey Mikes when they were first added to the Apple Pay "coming soon" list. The currency was marked as Belgian Francs too.
BEF0.01 is an error code iirc, has nothing to do with a currency. See here for the reason: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...#post-20548740 I've tested Jersey Mike's Subs and it works with Google Wallet fine, but Firehouse Subs works with Apple Pay too and has the best subs IMHO! ^ Jersey Mike's has not finished Apple Pay support at all yet according to what they have said on Twitter.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scibot
BEF0.01 is an error code iirc, has nothing to do with a currency. See here for the reason: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...#post-20548740 I've tested Jersey Mike's Subs and it works with Google Wallet fine, but Firehouse Subs works with Apple Pay too and has the best subs IMHO! ^ Jersey Mike's has not finished Apple Pay support at all yet according to what they have said on Twitter.
Are we sure it's not simply an issue with EMV contactless there? The DECLINED message means that Chase actually saw an authorization request and didn't like the contents for whatever reason. It would explain why MSD contactless (whether it's via card or phone) works fine. If I remember next time I visit Jersey Mike's and it's before they officially switch Apple Pay/EMV on I'll try my AmEx chip and signature + contactless card and see how that goes.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrcobra92
I will be stopping by Rite Aid tomorrow morning for an Apple Pay test. I will be testing Visa and MasterCard, credit and debit. Will let you know if pin routing is working and if they update the theme on the terminals to show the Contactless logo bigger and for more time.
I happened to be near a Rite Aid this morning while running errands. The location I visited still had the disappearing contactless logo without any other indication of Apple Pay support so I didn't bother testing. Hopefully you have better luck.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
I happened to be near a Rite Aid this morning while running errands. The location I visited still had the disappearing contactless logo without any other indication of Apple Pay support so I didn't bother testing. Hopefully you have better luck.
I just tried it. It works perfectly both with pin routing and credit. Same ugly theme though with the disappearing logo.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:41 pm

I've had no issues with Firehouse. I think I made my first apple pay transaction at a Firehouse actually.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:02 pm

I've had no issues with Firehouse. I think I made my first apple pay transaction at a Firehouse actually.
I'm glad they have really good subs!

Is it me or are many of the merchants listed as "Coming soon" for Apple Pay laggards?? Besides Trader Joe's, White Castle and Forever 21, its been over two months and none of the others have turned on Apple Pay, damn. Jersey Mike's has NFC on but not working for Apple Pay yet, so they are different. Also once they update the Apple Pay page again I'm sure it will be a huge number of new merchants on there such as Target.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:08 pm

It's working now! Also, pictures!

http://i.imgur.com/oSTg9Ox.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7KZB6tW.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUb...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by mrcobra92; Aug 16, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:23 pm

I was able to use Googe Wallet at Dollar Tree today, so the ones with the MX915s have it on, but will Apple Pay work, I can't check that.
Our local Dollar Tree updated to the MX915's but I didn't see NFC logo on the screen so I didn't even try it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.