Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RedLight2015
In fact the adult doesn't get a card at all, only online management access. The teen gets the PayPass card. I wonder when they'll get EMV, or if they'll take out PayPass when they go to EMV.
There's an EMV chip on the MONEY card's picture now so I imagine we'll find out soon enough. I'm tempted to sign up for the 360 Checking so I can get an online PIN preferring with no offline PIN card to test support for the former.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:27 pm

In fact the adult doesn't get a card at all, only online management access. The teen gets the PayPass card. I wonder when they'll get EMV, or if they'll take out PayPass when they go to EMV.
They already have. I called to ask and was told they removed PayPass on June 15th when they switched to the chip cards.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess Haggen officially supports Apple Pay now. There's still no indication on their terminals that NFC is on though.

Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:33 am

Apple Pay UK now live!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:33 am

Well the Contactless locator has been updated finally, but I don't see any of the new Apple Pay Merchants that are listed as "coming soon" besides Trader Joe's but there are some more local ma and pa places listed now. Also it seems this Phillips 66 has the iSC250's and is on the locator, I bet they actually have the NFC enabled unlike the mobil I went into that has the MX860 with emv slots and long ago hacked speedpass. Looks like I'm gonna have to try that Phillips 66 asap.

Last edited by scibot; Jul 14, 2015 at 7:48 am
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scibot
Well the Contactless locator has been updated finally, but I don't see any of the new Apple Pay Merchants that are listed as "coming soon" besides Trader Joe's but there are some more local ma and pa places listed now. Also it seems this Phillips 66 has the iSC250's and is on the locator, I bet they actually have the NFC enabled unlike the mobil I went into that has the MX860 with emv slots and long ago hacked speedpass. Looks like I'm gonna have to try that Phillips 66 asap.
I see some Jersey Mike's locations near me on there now (but weirdly enough not the one closest to my house).
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by tmiw
I see some Jersey Mike's locations near me on there now (but weirdly enough not the one closest to my house).
Ah yes, the one I used Google Wallet recently at is on there and another one I have not visited ever is also on there, but one I went to like two months ago is not, this must mean they are getting closer to accepting Apple Pay at all Jersey Mike's? But other than that locally there has not been any more retail chains added or no one has used it there yet.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chevron is finally doing a pilot of NFC at the pump. Hmm, it's only a 1 hour flight...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Chevron is finally doing a pilot of NFC at the pump. Hmm, it's only a 1 hour flight...
If you also look carefully the pump has an EMV reader too! I wonder if EMV is enabled.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If you also look carefully the pump has an EMV reader too! I wonder if EMV is enabled.
Is that EMV, or just the usual magstripe slot plus pin pad for zip code?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is that EMV, or just the usual magstripe slot plus pin pad for zip code?
EMV. There's a green light on the upper right side of the slot which turns orange/red when it's reading a chip-enabled card (similar to what Chase ATMs do).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:29 pm

A coworker of mine showed me a Wells Fargo Visa card he just got. Had a chip, but no contactless logo. We tried waving it in front of the contactless reader on one of the soda machines, nothing. I found a page on Visa's site listing banks that support PayWave, Wells Fargo was listed but the link went to a missing page on Wells Fargo's site. Card was standard design, he said he wasn't asked if he wanted a custom design. Sounds like Wells Fargo is moving away from dual interface to contact EMV only.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawaiian717
A coworker of mine showed me a Wells Fargo Visa card he just got. Had a chip, but no contactless logo. We tried waving it in front of the contactless reader on one of the soda machines, nothing. I found a page on Visa's site listing banks that support PayWave, Wells Fargo was listed but the link went to a missing page on Wells Fargo's site. Card was standard design, he said he wasn't asked if he wanted a custom design. Sounds like Wells Fargo is moving away from dual interface to contact EMV only.
For what it's worth contactless is still mentioned at https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/faqs/credit-cards, but if it is going away I'd expect that page to change soon.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: Skymiles
For what it's worth contactless is still mentioned at https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/faqs/credit-cards, but if it is going away I'd expect that page to change soon.
Not going anywhere. My Visa Signature credit from Wells has Contactless and C&S. Debit did remove payWave however.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not going anywhere. My Visa Signature credit from Wells has Contactless and C&S. Debit did remove payWave however.
Did you get your card recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.