Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    Originally Posted by jk2
    Did you provide ST your cell phone? Because I was in the same situation (but charges were > $1K), and I usually get a fraud alext text message (not fast, as Citi, in ~5 min) and after that I repeat my transaction.
    They do have my cell. And now that you mention it, I usually do get a call or text. Where I'm staying the cell service is very spotty, so maybe that's why I did get the text. I'll try again later when in better cell range. Maybe they wil call then.
    Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:07 pm
    jk2

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
    They do have my cell. And now that you mention it, I usually do get a call or text. Where I'm staying the cell service is very spotty, so maybe that's why I did get the text. I'll try again later when in better cell range. Maybe they wil call then.
    In my situations, ST never called me (since last year), only alerts I received were text messages.
    Old Jul 12, 2015, 6:09 pm
    jk2

It seems we have 10-11 days to enjoy the card, right? Since new rules apply from July 25, I guess the last day to make any transactions is July 23? I noticed from my purchase/posting dates that ST always post transactions next business day, if purchase wasn't made on the weekend. It would be a disaster to make purchases on July 24 and realize, that it would count by new rules.
    Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:33 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
    Originally Posted by jk2
    It seems we have 10-11 days to enjoy the card, right? Since new rules apply from July 25
    I'm struggling to understand why they picked July 25th, a Saturday, to switch over. Why not the 5th of a month?
    Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
    I'm struggling to understand why they picked July 25th, a Saturday, to switch over. Why not the 5th of a month?
    I'm guessing there are some banking rules of some kind that makes them give a certain amount of days notice to changes in a program. If not I would have thought they would do it asap or immediately. At a minimum at the next statement cycle.

Really just a guess though.
    Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:48 am
    jk2

Originally Posted by Trinob
    I'm guessing there are some banking rules of some kind that makes them give a certain amount of days notice to changes in a program. If not I would have thought they would do it asap or immediately. At a minimum at the next statement cycle.

Really just a guess though.
    So, would it be correct that all spending from July25-August4 will be capped at 2K skymiles and will be counted as August spending?
    Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
    I need a small clarification b/c I can't find a post from a few months ago that is nagging at me. I have one of the balanced banking accounts. Per wiki, AF is $95 w/ $3000 daily balance. Cap of 2000 points/month @ 1 point/$2 spend. Is there no monthly fee? I keep thinking there is a monthly fee of $25 but I don't know why I think this. I plan to keep the card w/ my balanced banking account but am not sure if I need to do anything other than maintain $3000 balance to avoid an additional fee.
    Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:36 am

I need a small clarification b/c I can't find a post from a few months ago that is nagging at me. I have one of the balanced banking accounts. Per wiki, AF is $95 w/ $3000 daily balance. Cap of 2000 points/month @ 1 point/$2 spend. Is there no monthly fee? I keep thinking there is a monthly fee of $25 but I don't know why I think this. I plan to keep the card w/ my balanced banking account but am not sure if I need to do anything other than maintain $3000 balance to avoid an additional fee.

No monthly fee if you maintain $3000+ a month in the account
    Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
    Originally Posted by troyhouse
    did anyone notice this, suntrust is now charging the external transfer fee.

Standard - Delivered by 07/13/2015 for a $3.00 Fee

Next Day - Delivered by 07/09/2015 for a $6.00 Fee

That is odd, I just did another 7k transfer today and no fee for next day.?
    Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM
    Came in to report that today I manned up, or at least attempted to, and tried to purchase 10 1k MO's in one shot for a total of $10,007.00. I got the decline like I normally see if I load my BB there and immediately after try to buy MO. I called the automated fraud line and the decline was not listed so I called into a rep. The rep gave me the same speech about having a 35k credit line so there shouldn't be an issue and then told me he saw no evidence of a 10k transaction. Did I hit some sort of a WM max there? The most I had ever tried before successfully was 5k. Not that it matters anymore but.... anyone know the max?

In any event, I ended up doing 5k twice, with no issues. There is a form that is usually filled out when doing above 3k. Interestingly the form has 10 lines for MO numbers.

It's almost over now, it's almost over now!!
    Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
    Came in to report that today I manned up, or at least attempted to, and tried to purchase 10 1k MO's in one shot for a total of $10,007.00. I got the decline like I normally see if I load my BB there and immediately after try to buy MO. I called the automated fraud line and the decline was not listed so I called into a rep. The rep gave me the same speech about having a 35k credit line so there shouldn't be an issue and then told me he saw no evidence of a 10k transaction. Did I hit some sort of a WM max there? The most I had ever tried before successfully was 5k. Not that it matters anymore but.... anyone know the max?

In any event, I ended up doing 5k twice, with no issues. There is a form that is usually filled out when doing above 3k. Interestingly the form has 10 lines for MO numbers.

WM registers have a max of 9K (or maybe a penny under, I never pushed it to the limit). And most WM's will only allow one trans of MO purchases, so de facto the limit would be 9K. As you found out if you can do more than one trans you can exceed the limit.
    Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee

So no form at $3k? I usually just do $2k but might go up to 3k this weekend. I'm also prepaying mortgage thru Nov or Dec. as many as I can get in before 22nd.
    Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:26 am

I regularly did $7K or $8K at a time and never had any issues with them going through. I did try 9 one time and they didn't go through so I just stuck with 8. I've never had to fill out any forms. The only info they need is when I give them my ID and they fill out some info off of that right into the computer.
    Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta PM
    Originally Posted by GoGreen
    WM registers have a max of 9K (or maybe a penny under, I never pushed it to the limit). And most WM's will only allow one trans of MO purchases, so de facto the limit would be 9K. As you found out if you can do more than one trans you can exceed the limit.
    Good information, thank you! There are a couple hard core rule followers where I go, I'm actually very surprised I got away with two MO transactions based on what you say above.

So no form at $3k? I usually just do $2k but might go up to 3k this weekend. I'm also prepaying mortgage thru Nov or Dec. as many as I can get in before 22nd.
    I think 3k is technically the trigger but it is very representative dependent. Many times I'll do 3 to 5 and they won't do a thing but there is one person who is ALL ABOUT it. So it just depends I guess.

Originally Posted by USFishin
    I regularly did $7K or $8K at a time and never had any issues with them going through. I did try 9 one time and they didn't go through so I just stuck with 8. I've never had to fill out any forms. The only info they need is when I give them my ID and they fill out some info off of that right into the computer.
    Also good to know, based on GoGreen's message above sounds like the limit may be a penny under 9k. The license thing has been new in the past couple months, I was regularly doing 3k+ for months and only the past couple months have I had to hand them my ID. The paper forms also ask for Drivers License # and SSN etc. No worries about the paperwork for me, I'm happy to explain what I'm doing if anyone wants to know.
    Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:16 am

I'm starting to feel the grief settle in. Are you guys trying to get everything "done" by 23rd? Assuming pending won't mean points when they post on 4th or whenever? I'd like as much time as possible to finish up a few things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.