Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Need some advice. Applied for personal card using 3 BM, approved one for instantly with $18K limit, called recon for the other two apps, second was approved by moving $5k and for the third, rep mentioned he can't do nothing as he already move the limit from the first one to the second one and in order to move further limit, I need to wait till tomorrow. I am calling it BS, should I go another go today, I know tomorrow would be late and they might hit me a second HP.
No its not going to do second pull. I confirmed this in a situation I ran into. It really doesn't matter if you call today or tomorrow. Give it another try.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by woow14610
No its not going to do second pull. I confirmed this in a situation I ran into. It really doesn't matter if you call today or tomorrow. Give it another try.
Thx for the data. Called again, talked to nice rep and she were able to move further $6K limit from the first one to make it Sign card.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Thx for the data. Called again, talked to nice rep and she were able to move further $6K limit from the first one to make it Sign card.
Congrats. Good job
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last seventeen months:

Nov 2013 (1BM - Personal): Approved, cxl'd May 2014
Apr 2014 (1BM - Personal): Approved, cxl'd Jan 2015
Jun 2014 (2BM - Personal): Approved x2, one cxl'd Nov 2014, other cxl'd Jan 2015
Nov 2014 (2BM - Personal): Approved x2, cancelled April 2015
Feb 2015 (4BM - Business): Approved as 1x and 3x, each with $4K line (they offered $8K each, but didn't want that much)
Apr 2015 (3BM - Personal) : Approved after calling recon, $5K each

So I now have four biz open, and three personal open.

With today's 3BM I changed my m.o.: I applied for the first one, called the recon line to get it approved., Once that was approved as a Sig card, I then applied for the other two cards and called the Spanish-speaking recon line. They actually gave me less grief about the subsequent two apps than the regular recon did about today's first app. I made clear I wanted to open the two additional dupe card apps as Visa Sig lines, which they did by splitting the CL from the first line.

I would also add that I cancelled my two existing personal cards an hour before doing the threepeat personal card application with BoA, and that I did it on a Friday morning (for those mentioning not applying towards the end of the week)
Could you please elborate on date difference between.
Feb 2015 (4BM - Business)
Apr 2015 (3BM - Personal)

Is it exactly 2 months or 2 months +
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:26 pm

Anyone having issues applying for the personal 25k with 100 credit? I just tried to apply and got the following message.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

The application you are requesting is currently unavailable.
Thank you for your interest.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by woow14610
Could you please elborate on date difference between.
Feb 2015 (4BM - Business)
Apr 2015 (3BM - Personal)

Is it exactly 2 months or 2 months +
It was exactly 53 days
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:47 pm

No problem with the link from the wiki. Just did 4BM without any problems. 1st approved and then 2-4 were via Spanish where they split up the CL to ensure it was all Signature approvals. Oddly easy.

Originally Posted by muswei
Anyone having issues applying for the personal 25k with 100 credit? I just tried to apply and got the following message.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

The application you are requesting is currently unavailable.
Thank you for your interest.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by TrAAveller
No problem with the link from the wiki. Just did 4BM without any problems. 1st approved and then 2-4 were via Spanish where they split up the CL to ensure it was all Signature approvals. Oddly easy.
Just making sure you applied for the personal with the $100 credit right? I will try again in a few minutes with fresh browsers.

Also can someone please tell me what BM stands for? I am sure it is something I have forgotten.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by muswei
Just making sure you applied for the personal with the $100 credit right? I will try again in a few minutes with fresh browsers.

Also can someone please tell me what BM stands for? I am sure it is something I have forgotten.
Browser Method

As in IE, Firefox, Chrome, whatever

All of them using an "in private" setting

Filling out multiple apps together, then clicking submit on all of them as closely as possible.

There of those of us however who suspect it's no long necessary to do this. Just fill out an app, send it in, fill out an app, send it in, etc......

Good Luck
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Browser Method

As in IE, Firefox, Chrome, whatever

All of them using an "in private" setting

Filling out multiple apps together, then clicking submit on all of them as closely as possible.

There of those of us however who suspect it's no long necessary to do this. Just fill out an app, send it in, fill out an app, send it in, etc......

Good Luck
I did mine serially over a period of an hour in this last batch - prior ones I did as close to simultaneously as possible
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:08 pm

I figured when I try this I'd apply, call, then apply again. Doesn't appear to make a difference...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:04 pm

I updated the wiki...they are closed from 9pm. Also got the direct # to the recon line without transferring.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I did mine serially over a period of an hour in this last batch - prior ones I did as close to simultaneously as possible
So how did that work out, as compared to MultiBM ?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
So how did that work out, as compared to MultiBM ?
makes not an iota of difference
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
$100 Statement Credit on 2nd and later apps?

I saw this post on BoardingArea about the 2,500 mile referral offer and then read this language in the T&C of the $100 Statement Credit after $1,000 spending offer:
Statement Credit Offer. You will qualify for a $100 statement credit if you use your new credit card account to make any combination of Purchase transactions totaling at least $1,000 (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 90 days of the account open date. Limit one (1) statement credit per new account. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional statement credit offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Allow 8-12 weeks from qualifying for the statement credit to post to your account. The statement credit will generally be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your Total Minimum Payment shown on each Statement you receive from us. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
I've tried to read through a lot of the last few pages of posts and can't seem to find any affirmatives that the $100 statement credit does indeed post on one's non-initial cards.

I've gotten 1x for all family members now and ready to go for the 2nd and 3rd of these cards so wanted to understand whether it's best to just use the referral links to make these 27,500 per app essentially and eat the $75 annual fee or whether it's worth spending $1,000 on each card to generate the $100 SC.

Thanks.

Last edited by smilinganddialing; Apr 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm Reason: Bolding mine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.