Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old May 1, 2015, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Interesting comment on this Points With A Crew Post:

I don't think doing multiples in a day killed it, was more a total volume of apps (which multiples in a day does contribute to).
The link to $100 statement credit offer when you make a dummy purchase does not work at the purchase page. It's just a picture showing the $100 statement credit offer, but you can't click on the picture to take you to the application page.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:57 pm

Any one know a way to get BofA to close an account when they demand you call in after first SM attempt?

My wife almost refuses to call and I would prefer not to. I have closed a couple Alaska cards in the past with SM and this is the first time I have ran into resistance.
I would love to close both accounts through SM but not get blacklisted from further Alaska churns.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by cvhatton
Any one know a way to get BofA to close an account when they demand you call in after first SM attempt.
They won't even allow you to close it via chat. So you have to call in and listen to them read the legal terms about closing the account.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:58 pm

is there any way to get that $100 statement credit offer without actually purchasing a refundable ticket on Alaska air website?
Old May 1, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
The link won't work after buying a ticket. You must call..........

why won't it work after making a purchase of a ticket?
Old May 2, 2015, 8:59 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Excuse me if this has been discussed before: does the companion pass get canceled, if I close the credit card?
Old May 2, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
The link to $100 statement credit offer when you make a dummy purchase does not work at the purchase page. It's just a picture showing the $100 statement credit offer, but you can't click on the picture to take you to the application page.
That's what I thought at first, but there actually is an active link there...
Old May 2, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
That's what I thought at first, but there actually is an active link there...
So where is the link ?
Old May 2, 2015, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Splitting hairs again I see. So let me amend my statement. Freezing the CB/CBs that Citi wants to use for your app will result in Citi sending it to "pending" until it's unfrozen, or you give them a pin to get around the freeze. Happy now?
Not true.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mrmandel
Not true.
Is too, is too....

It's always a good idea when disputing an OP to include some relevant data points, or you know, at least explain what you think is correct.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:34 pm

Is too, is too....

It's always a good idea when disputing an OP to include some relevant data points, or you know, at least explain what you think is correct.
I have EX frozen and never go pending. I'm in an Exquifax geographic area. Maybe stop rolling your eyes just because you made an overgeneralization and it got corrected.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mrmandel;24759125[B
I have EX frozen and never go pending. I'm in an Exquifax geographic area.
That seems to me to be the generalization. There are no set in stone "areas". It's more likely that Citi is deciding on it's own to pull something else for you, and you are just assuming it originally wanted to pull EX.

I've seen many posts over a considerable period of time where the OP reported a need to unfreeze a CB to be approved. Your post is the only one I've ever seen that said the opposite. I'm guessing you have an incorrect idea of what Citi is choosing to pull for you.

{removed inflammatory comments}

Last edited by philemer; May 3, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Old May 3, 2015, 6:53 pm

Applied the day before the 100 statement credit link died and both were auto approved but yet only one showed up online and today only 25K miles posted. Anyone had similar experiences? If so did you call in? Thx.
Old May 3, 2015, 8:04 pm

That seems to me to be the generalization. There are no set in stone "areas". It's more likely that Citi is deciding on it's own to pull something else for you, and you are just assuming it originally wanted to pull EX.

I've seen many posts over a considerable period of time where the OP reported a need to unfreeze a CB to be approved. Your post is the only one I've ever seen that said the opposite. I'm guessing you have an incorrect idea of what Citi is choosing to pull for you.
Even if it's true that Citi "always wanted" EQ, it doesn't make freezing EX any less useful in my state. It just makes it less useful in yours. {inflammatory comment removed}

Last edited by philemer; May 3, 2015 at 8:44 pm
Old May 3, 2015, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
Applied the day before the 100 statement credit link died and both were auto approved but yet only one showed up online and today only 25K miles posted. Anyone had similar experiences? If so did you call in? Thx.
Statement credit requires $1,000 spend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.