Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
You can call me a pig if you want but it's still "only" 125,000 miles. How many folks pulled multiple 100k's from Citi (and refunded the annual fee) without the slightest adverse reaction?

I started the day thinking "get 2 solid and maybe try for 1 more". It snowballed by accident and by the very fact that they kept eagerly offering me more accounts! I also wanted to test some things to their conclusion.

However YOU choose to act, I would offer some possibly useful insights from my experience:
1: Freezing Experian works very well with BofA. It prevents auto approvals of Platinum cards and moves inquiries to Trans Union to save my Experian HPs for AX, Citi, Chase.

2: BofA very quickly determined my max credit line (on that day) and it was a firm limit. Clearly it was between $27,000 and 29,999 as I was offered 5 Signatures and at least 2 more Platinums but NOT 6 Signatures. Phone reps were VERY easy to deal with and would have divided up that credit amount any way I wished.

BofA gets at least $5,000 spend and has 5 new accounts on their books for however that serves them in the banking business. Alaska profits by selling the miles to BofA at a wholesale price. And hopefully I get to shower on an EK A380. Win,Win,Win!
Wouldnt all of your pulls from yesterday's apps be consolidated into a single pull on TransUnion?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by cheapdad00
Wouldnt all of your pulls from yesterday's apps be consolidated into a single pull on TransUnion?
Yes, they should be consolidated. I think he is just reiterating what the agent said and that it will "cause another hard pull," which we know should combine.

At that point, it was another request from the bureau.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macrophage
Yes, they should be consolidated. I think he is just reiterating what the agent said and that it will "cause another hard pull," which we know should combine.

At that point, it was another request from the bureau.
Consolidation of pulls happens at the credit bureau, not the bank. So the bank is correct in saying it would do another hard pull. It's up to the credit bureau to merge the pulls (if they look "similar enough" that they can't be sure they're not duplicates; ie, credit bureaus don't merge pulls as a favor to you, they merge pulls to avoid having accidental duplicates show up as extra pulls, and the side effect of that is that two or more legitimately separate pulls from the same bank on the same day often can't be distinguished by the bureau from accidental duplicates and so they merge them "to be on the safe side").
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:24 pm

So after freezing Experian and getting multiple cards from Bank of America what's next? chase and citi will not give you more cards. So is the plan to unfreeze the next day?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:47 pm

A few thoughts: We don't really know whether BofA does additional hard pulls to Trans Union after the first one. One agent (the first) requested my permission for 2 more hard pulls. The next 2 agents said hard pulls were NOT needed as they could use the first one. It's entirely possible that they may not know how their own system works behind their screen (see Citi!), nor does it really matter since they will be consolidated at TU.

If BofA sends out the letters with the source of inquiry and credit score, then I may be able to determine if the 5 approved cards show different scores. This could be minimally interesting, perhaps to someone who is the edge of a credit score zone, but not relevant to me at over 800 anyway. I care most about Experian hard pulls and new credit lines.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
So after freezing Experian and getting multiple cards from Bank of America what's next? chase and citi will not give you more cards. So is the plan to unfreeze the next day?
I have no specific plan! I can temporarily or permanently thaw Experian for $10. I'm just biding my time with Chase, building up some 24 month cycles. May 7 will be 65 Citi days, so I will probably try one there if a working AA Exec link is available, or TYP Premier 50k if not. Does anyone know what Citi does if Experian is on Freeze? Can I request them to pull TU or EQ? I understand that I can also request a one time PIN to give Citi for access to Experian?

Anyone?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:54 pm

How long it takes to show up on BofA account after approval? I got approvals this morning but new account does not show up yet.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by mak101
How long it takes to show up on BofA account after approval? I got approvals this morning but new account does not show up yet.
All 5 of mine were on my BofA profile today. (next day after approval). More convenient than Citi or Chase to not have to manually link them.

All 5 show statement closing dates of May 9, 2015. Is this the date they will show up as new accounts on the credit bureaus? Perhaps a little AOR on May 8 is in order!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
There is one thing that people need to consider when doing xBMs, and that is having a whole bunch of account suddenly appear on your credit report. I will freely admit that I am not well-versed in the ins'n'outs of credit monitoring, but I would think that if a firm with a credit card relationship with me were to see me suddenly opening up 5/6/7/n cards in the same day, they would be, if not alarmed, then certainly curious in a way that I might not appreciate. It's one of the reasons why I haven't really pushed the envelope on personal apps beyond 3 at-a-time.

But hey, I could be entirely misguided.
I've see reports in the past that Chase has used this reasoning to shut down accounts for too many multiples hitting elsewhere.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
I have no specific plan! I can temporarily or permanently thaw Experian for $10. I'm just biding my time with Chase, building up some 24 month cycles. May 7 will be 65 Citi days, so I will probably try one there if a working AA Exec link is available, or TYP Premier 50k if not. Does anyone know what Citi does if Experian is on Freeze? Can I request them to pull TU or EQ? I understand that I can also request a one time PIN to give Citi for access to Experian?

Anyone?

Citi will not allow you to have a different pull. You will need to unfreeze. Yesterday i applied for the citi executive. No instant approval so when I called ,CSR said she couldn't pull up report from Equifax. When I told her to pull a different one, she said 'no" and I would need to unfreeze Equifax which I did.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Citi will not allow you to have a different pull. You will need to unfreeze. Yesterday i applied for the citi executive. No instant approval so when I called ,CSR said she couldn't pull up report from Equifax. When I told her to pull a different one, she said 'no" and I would need to unfreeze Equifax which I did.
Yes, so does frequent freezing and unfreezing lead to blacklisting and shutdowns? Any data points?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Thanks, metoo.

Here is a report that Chase will allow TU pull:

http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea....of-transunion/

Perhaps a sequenced App-o-rama on May 8:
1,2: BofA and Chase (TU HPs)
3: Thaw Experian
4: Citi (EX HP) Citiday 66

Then take a little break! (and help wife earn some miles).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:52 am

Thanks so much for all the info in this thread!

I currently have 2 personal open (from March and June 2014). Applied for 3 personal last night. Auto-approved for 1. Called this morning. The guy offered $5000 limits on the other two. Score for 75000 points!

Thanks again!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by CanadianProf
Thanks so much for all the info in this thread!

I currently have 2 personal open (from March and June 2014). Applied for 3 personal last night. Auto-approved for 1. Called this morning. The guy offered $5000 limits on the other two. Score for 75000 points!

Thanks again!
I think you're going to find that you will have 2 HPs, not 1. Inquiries done on the same day will typically get merged. The inquiry will have happened at the moment the guy this morning looked at the apps. The reason is that the two apps not auto-approved were not considered at first because they were assumed to be duplicates. The moment you called today to reconsider, they went 'live' and would have done a HP with todays date, separate from the HP from y'days auto-approval.

In the greater scheme of things, no big deal at all, but people need to be aware that recon calls etc.. all need to happen on the SAME day as any approval, application etc... if they want to keep it to one HP
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I think you're going to find that you will have 2 HPs, not 1. Inquiries done on the same day will typically get merged. The inquiry will have happened at the moment the guy this morning looked at the apps. The reason is that the two apps not auto-approved were not considered at first because they were assumed to be duplicates. The moment you called today to reconsider, they went 'live' and would have done a HP with todays date, separate from the HP from y'days auto-approval.

In the greater scheme of things, no big deal at all, but people need to be aware that recon calls etc.. all need to happen on the SAME day as any approval, application etc... if they want to keep it to one HP
Not my experience with Bank of America and I think Happy a while ago too. I got instant approved for first one. Pending second. THEY called me a few days later and confirmed it was not a duplicate and she said they already had my credit report from when I applied. No additional hit for me, but as always YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.