FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:33 pm
cheapdad00

Originally Posted by Denver Enzo
You can call me a pig if you want but it's still "only" 125,000 miles. How many folks pulled multiple 100k's from Citi (and refunded the annual fee) without the slightest adverse reaction?

I started the day thinking "get 2 solid and maybe try for 1 more". It snowballed by accident and by the very fact that they kept eagerly offering me more accounts! I also wanted to test some things to their conclusion.

However YOU choose to act, I would offer some possibly useful insights from my experience:
1: Freezing Experian works very well with BofA. It prevents auto approvals of Platinum cards and moves inquiries to Trans Union to save my Experian HPs for AX, Citi, Chase.

2: BofA very quickly determined my max credit line (on that day) and it was a firm limit. Clearly it was between $27,000 and 29,999 as I was offered 5 Signatures and at least 2 more Platinums but NOT 6 Signatures. Phone reps were VERY easy to deal with and would have divided up that credit amount any way I wished.

BofA gets at least $5,000 spend and has 5 new accounts on their books for however that serves them in the banking business. Alaska profits by selling the miles to BofA at a wholesale price. And hopefully I get to shower on an EK A380. Win,Win,Win!
Wouldnt all of your pulls from yesterday's apps be consolidated into a single pull on TransUnion?