FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:06 pm
smilinganddialing

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
$100 Statement Credit on 2nd and later apps?

I saw this post on BoardingArea about the 2,500 mile referral offer and then read this language in the T&C of the $100 Statement Credit after $1,000 spending offer:
Statement Credit Offer. You will qualify for a $100 statement credit if you use your new credit card account to make any combination of Purchase transactions totaling at least $1,000 (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 90 days of the account open date. Limit one (1) statement credit per new account. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional statement credit offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Allow 8-12 weeks from qualifying for the statement credit to post to your account. The statement credit will generally be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your Total Minimum Payment shown on each Statement you receive from us. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
I've tried to read through a lot of the last few pages of posts and can't seem to find any affirmatives that the $100 statement credit does indeed post on one's non-initial cards.

I've gotten 1x for all family members now and ready to go for the 2nd and 3rd of these cards so wanted to understand whether it's best to just use the referral links to make these 27,500 per app essentially and eat the $75 annual fee or whether it's worth spending $1,000 on each card to generate the $100 SC.

Thanks.

Last edited by smilinganddialing; Apr 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm Reason: Bolding mine