Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zmant06
I was just approved for $6k CL and have a BoA checking account. How long does it take to show on your accounts page?
Mine showed w/i the day. I wasn't religious about checking, so I don't know if it was 5 minutes immediately or 50 minutes. I just know that I applied 11 a.m. and when I was checking my other acct I came across it a few hours later.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA, WN, HH, IHG
Gotcha, thanks
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jmj8778
Any word on how long this offer will last?
Originally Posted by muji
audio-nut, thanks for posing.
Questions for you: How did you get this link? From an email (or regular mail letter)? Did it indicate an expiration date? And was there any sort of required invitation code - or just the link itself?
Sorry, I have no additional info. I grabbed the link off a blog.

Originally Posted by particlemn
auto application status check use option 3
Will this get you to a human for recon?

Last edited by audio-nut; Dec 14, 2013 at 9:37 am
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
AS card with 50k offer

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VAB3E8#b
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:10 am

Is this any different then the one floating around? I applied for one a few months ago and was looking to apply again, but don't think the current 50k offer is eligible for current holders.

Originally Posted by cuebert
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:17 pm

turns out my last app was over 12 months ago, so I should be fine. anyone thinking of applying for this card twice in the next few days/weeks?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:16 pm

i applied for the card under teh 25k offer a few weeks back, any way they will give you the 25k bonus based on the new offer? Like Chase did for the Sapphire offer of 60k?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I called the recon # posted at Travel Sort.

866-530-9829 (personal credit analyst, 8am-9pm EST M-F)

Both my and my partner's 50K apps were approved by recon ^
Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:53 pm

Guys - I went through the thread but could not find a concrete answer to this. If I meet the spend, get the 50k points, can I cancel my card 3 months after opening and get the credit pro-rated back?

Thx
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - I went through the thread but could not find a concrete answer to this. If I meet the spend, get the 50k points, can I cancel my card 3 months after opening and get the credit pro-rated back?

Thx
Probably no as I don't recall BOA doing pro-rated credit. Besides u are getting 50 K miles for basically < $100, which is a very good deal.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
So I applied even though I got the card in the past 12 months, we'll see what happens. Gonna have to call in to get approved, as usual with BofA, but been a customer for 15+ years, so shouldnt be an issue, hopefully.

Sucks because the wife just applied last week for 2 25K offers, biz and personal, eh.
is there a biz comparable with the 50k offer. got approved yesterday with 18k credit limit on the personal and would get the biz too
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
can I cancel my card 3 months after opening and get the credit pro-rated back?
Originally Posted by gv111
Probably no as I don't recall BOA doing pro-rated credit.
Also the issuing bank would then have a record of your having closed your account quite soon after opening (which in and of itself is not against the rules) and this may well negatively impact your chances of getting approved for future cards from them; in my opinion it's not worth the risk.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:54 pm

Also interested if anyone's found a 50k business card.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:00 pm

Hmm. Just got "We apologize for any inconvenience.
The application you are requesting is currently unavailable."

Maybe pulled?

ETA: Tried again without chip. No error, 30 day message.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by djibouti
"The application you are requesting is currently unavailable." Maybe pulled?
It's up and working this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.