Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
is that 100$ statement credit offer still working?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Got the following link for a 30K offer from murtuza :

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VABSKB#b
Perfect timing. Was going to apply for cards in the next week. HOpefully it goes up to 35K like it did last time it went up to 30K for a couple days ... one can wish
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:59 pm

Just signed up for the 30k miles. I'm looking for a wiki about this card re: churnability.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Signed up myself + a few family members for this account, their AS accounts already had +30K miles in there before I even activated the card ....
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Signed up myself + a few family members for this account, their AS accounts already had +30K miles in there before I even activated the card ....
Is there a way to figure out the membership number before you receive the card?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by GGE
This is the first card I have seen so far (I am relatively new to this, of course) that has a $99 companion certificate issued without a spend requirement nor having to wait until your first anniversary - this says if you get the Visa Sig version of the card you'll get your 30K miles and your $99 companion cert. upon approval (1-2 wks for the 30K miles). That is quite nice.

It also has a vague reference to Alaska Airlines Boardroom Passes, but I"m not sure whether this is an added free perk to the card, or what.

Now I must research whether these are transferable miles, and/or whether I have the ability to utilize this airline. ^

edit - I see, I cannot transfer these out to other programs by the looks of it (aside from via points.com, of course) but I CAN use the miles on AA or DL. It also says I can EARN elite qualifying miles with AS when I fly on AA or DL... now I am curious whether I must do something special in order to make the miles post.. whether I will get miles for both AA and AS when I fly on AA, etc.

FT : Educating THrough Encouraging Research .. ETHER... whoa man, deep. :P
Mileage Plan is an awesome program to earn, but a HUGE pain to redeem! I've seemlessly earned AS points flying on BA and AA (I keep my Skymiles for DL). On BA & AA, you have the option to select which program you want to enter at the time of booking, and just put your AS number in.

Then there's award flights on partners. The online booking portal is a pain, although it has gotten better than it was. They show extremely limited availability on partners, and you cannot check availability on partner carriers to airports AS metal don't fly to, so you essentially have to call the AS Partner Desk for international availability. Partner Desk # is 800 445 4435.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by bitachu
is that 100$ statement credit offer still working?
Yes, it is:

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...2240008-513864

Just got approved last week.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Right now I have two BoA AS Visa opened. Do I need to cancel any of the card before the churn?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by mediator
Right now I have two BoA AS Visa opened. Do I need to cancel any of the card before the churn?
Same situation.... I haven't had a problem getting approved for another while 1 was open, but haven't applied w/2 open before. Anybody?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Held card previously from 8/2012 to 10/4/2013. Canceled when they couldn't convert me to a no fee card (long story, bad CSR). Applied again on 11/23 and instantly approved. Have an award flight to SAN to book and am watching the pot waiting on my miles and companion cert to post. Checked my records and my previous card app was on 8/12/12 with miles and cert. posting on 8/15/12. Now getting concerned that I won't get the bonus this time around...

Anyone been approved for a card and not gotten the bonus?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Held card previously from 8/2012 to 10/4/2013. Canceled when they couldn't convert me to a no fee card (long story, bad CSR). Applied again on 11/23 and instantly approved. Have an award flight to SAN to book and am watching the pot waiting on my miles and companion cert to post. Checked my records and my previous card app was on 8/12/12 with miles and cert. posting on 8/15/12. Now getting concerned that I won't get the bonus this time around...

Anyone been approved for a card and not gotten the bonus?
I'd give it a few days cuz of the holidays & other changes that have occurred
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
The miles posted this morning.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Looks like the 30K link may be dead (it was working about a week ago). Applied for the 25K + $100 statement credit instead since that link is still up and running...instant approval. Thanks solstys!! ^
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:40 am

50K offer now available

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VAB3E8#b

25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval
25,000 Bonus Miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
Looks like the 30K link may be dead (it was working about a week ago). Applied for the 25K + $100 statement credit instead since that link is still up and running...instant approval. Thanks solstys!! ^
Oops...one week too soon with the 50k offer live

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.