Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:03 pm

Just got all 25K posted, live in CA, applied 12/11.

Last edited by transconsan; Dec 16, 2013 at 2:08 am Reason: Updated on bonus points received
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:09 am

Data point:

Wife & I applied today, both instant approval. My12th card this year her 5th. Both credit scores are above 750. Both 1st BofA card.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:28 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
just applied and got the 30 day notice.

was instantly approved for the sapphire two weeks ago
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:49 am
Suspended

First 25k already deposited in my acct. Haven't even received the card yet! When they say "25k on approval"--they're serious!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question

I applied for an AS BofA card in February and got one. ( my second or third?) It says that we are not eligible for the bonus if we have applied for this " product" in the last 12 months.

Anyone get stymied by this? Is this " product" considered the same as the one I applied for in February?

Right now the way I figure it if you apply, get 25K and buy $1000 worth of AS miles... with the current 35% bonus sale you have enough miles for a partner BIZ class award somewhere.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:33 am

Applied on 12/12, instant approval. Miles show posted on 12/13. That's the fastest I've ever received a CC miles bonus.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Applied for the card - only 25K miles confirmed

I applied for the card and was approved for an $18K credit line. After calling BofA was told that my card is coded as me only getting 25K miles and there is nothing about the additional 25K after spending $1k in the first three months. I took a screen shot of the application - don't know if this will help. I was not targeted and I live in NJ.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I applied for the card and was approved for an $18K credit line. After calling BofA was told that my card is coded as me only getting 25K miles and there is nothing about the additional 25K after spending $1k in the first three months. I took a screen shot of the application - don't know if this will help. I was not targeted and I live in NJ.
If you were not targeted and don't live in WA state, how is the screenshot going to help you? Please stop calling BoA and drawing attention to all the people who are not targeted and still approved for the card.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Campath
If you were not targeted and don't live in WA state, how is the screenshot going to help you? Please stop calling BoA and drawing attention to all the people who are not targeted and still approved for the card.
On the other hand, do we know yet whether people outside of WA who were not targeted wlll get the extra 25K? It's possible that BofA is simply treating this as a normal 25k-on-approval-and-nothing-else card for people who weren't targeted, isn't it? (And is it even possible for anyone not targeted to do the spend and see if the extra 25k posts before this "limited time" offer is withdrawn?)

While Citi doesn't approve you if you're not going to get the bonus that was stated on the landing page, that's not the case with all other banks. If BofA approves you whether they're to give you the full bonus or not, how does approval prove anything?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Campath
Various reports (this thread included, I believe) indicate that people that do not live in WA and were not targeted applied and upon approval confirmed with the rep that they were going to get the 50K bonus.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:42 am
Suspended

I'm not even gonna bother calling. If I get it, yay. If not, well, whatcha gonna do. BoA reps are not Chase reps and from what I understand will not match/work with you on bonuses.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:12 pm

Got it instant (just barely too--5K exactly).

Looking forward to getting the card.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:02 pm

Hi guys, how long will it take to receive the card in mail after approval and get the bonus miles after meeting spending requirement?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:17 pm

Still 0 miles in my account. You guys are making me impatient.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
Still 0 miles in my account. You guys are making me impatient.
You gave them your MP# right? BoA is known to create new MP accounts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.