Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
Back in 2002, I met two people thanks to my tags within the first few months of tag usage. Nothing since then. In the last 10 months, I've done just over a 100 segments (mostly AA), and not one soul has noticed them. I'm also travelling on routes and times of day very heavily frequented by roadwarriors, and I'm very surprised not to have had the tag noticed by even one soul during that time.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Me, Too, Neither

Was introduced to FT by a nice guy at the IAD lobby bar. Tags have only been noticed by a carousel attendant at IAD who told me "Knew you were a professional traveler by this tag, so didn't send them to the baggage office". Guess I'm spending too much time in the IAD lobby bar!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 3:26 pm

On my way home (last flight of a six segment trip) with my FT tag on my carry on for the first time. Waiting on the red carpet and suddenly the captain gets on the speaker and announces "Hello, I'm your captain for the flight today, my name is Denny Flanagan." Yes, THE Denny Flanagan of FT UA forum fame. When he finished his wonderful pre-flight informative, friendly announcement, I told him I had been hoping to fly with him someday. He glanced down and said "ah, another Flyertalker -- glad to meet you." Once we got on board he had the purser invite my traveling companion and I to the cockpit, introduced us to the first officer for the flight and told him he should join FT, then gave me a copy of the UA history coffee table book. At the conclusion of the flight he stood on the jetway and thanked every disembarking passenger for flying with UA. What a role model for all commercial airline pilots!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by iflyfish
On my way home (last flight of a six segment trip) with my FT tag on my carry on for the first time. Waiting on the red carpet and suddenly the captain gets on the speaker and announces "Hello, I'm your captain for the flight today, my name is Denny Flanagan." Yes, THE Denny Flanagan of FT UA forum fame. When he finished his wonderful pre-flight informative, friendly announcement, I told him I had been hoping to fly with him someday. He glanced down and said "ah, another Flyertalker -- glad to meet you." Once we got on board he had the purser invite my traveling companion and I to the cockpit, introduced us to the first officer for the flight and told him he should join FT, then gave me a copy of the UA history coffee table book. At the conclusion of the flight he stood on the jetway and thanked every disembarking passenger for flying with UA. What a role model for all commercial airline pilots!
I wonder when I'll get to fly with Danny boy?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyfish
Ah, awesome story! Trust me, he's not joining FT, but he loves meeting all the FT'ers he can! You did the right thing, whenever you have the opportunity to meet him be sure to introduce yourself as an FT'er, and he'll immediately recognize you as one of the "trekkies of the sky," as he calls us. Out of curiosity, what route were you flying?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Ah, awesome story! Trust me, he's not joining FT, but he loves meeting all the FT'ers he can! You did the right thing, whenever you have the opportunity to meet him be sure to introduce yourself as an FT'er, and he'll immediately recognize you as one of the "trekkies of the sky," as he calls us. Out of curiosity, what route were you flying?
And was it a 757 or 767?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
My FT tag was spotted while in the SFO RCC on my outbound flight on the AKL UA C deal and got to spend some time with aviationkiwi who as it turns out was 2 rows ahead of me on the upper deck 747, an exit row 15 for him and 17 for me. After diembarking in AKL we spotted other FT tags going around the luggage carousel and so waited until someone grabbed the bags and then promptly intoduced ourselves and met a nice couple also from Canada who were connecting on to NAN, whose FT handle IIRC is fiijiarkan. And lastly I met uva185 while standing in line waiting for U.S. Customs on my way back at SFO and had a chat while waiting for luggage.

For a solo traveller it's kinda nice to have a chat with a fellow enthusiast, though I have to remember to pay more attention in airports and more actively looking for the little yellow tags as I sometimes zone out with jetlag.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:21 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Had the pleasure of meeting joel604 in the boarding area of MSY after he spotted my FT luggage tag.

We were both on the AA flight to ORD and in F. He brought a group of college students from the University of Wisconsin - on their Spring Break - to help those affected by Katrina. ^
Old Mar 25, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: SWA, UA, Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
luggage tags

hey, where can I buy a few FT luggage tags?? I'm going to start traveling more again and would to meet up with other FTers
Old Mar 25, 2008, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by srfrgirl4
hey, where can I buy a few FT luggage tags?? I'm going to start traveling more again and would to meet up with other FTers
Under "Store" at the top of your screen. Or click here.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:00 pm

Programs: SWA, UA, Delta, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
thanks so much scoow!! just order a few for me and my husband! hope to meet some of you during our future travels.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Plat
Haven't been spotted yet nor have I spotted a tag. At least it gives me another thing to do while waiting around in airports.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:47 am
Community Director Emerita

SFOTerry in the SFO RCC last night. He was homeward bound from the Rheims Do.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Finally spotted my first tags on AA 1435 PHL-DFW on 4/18, saw the tag on your computer bag as you headed down the jetway, I yelled "flyertalk" but it was noisy in the gate area dont think I was heard.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
4/26 - Ord-aus

Spotted a tag today right before boarding ORD-AUS on the 4/26 9:35 pm (delayed to 10:05 pm) flight. Was about to say hey but they started boarding so I lost track of the gentleman.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.