FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:45 pm
lucky9876coins
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyfish
On my way home (last flight of a six segment trip) with my FT tag on my carry on for the first time. Waiting on the red carpet and suddenly the captain gets on the speaker and announces "Hello, I'm your captain for the flight today, my name is Denny Flanagan." Yes, THE Denny Flanagan of FT UA forum fame. When he finished his wonderful pre-flight informative, friendly announcement, I told him I had been hoping to fly with him someday. He glanced down and said "ah, another Flyertalker -- glad to meet you." Once we got on board he had the purser invite my traveling companion and I to the cockpit, introduced us to the first officer for the flight and told him he should join FT, then gave me a copy of the UA history coffee table book. At the conclusion of the flight he stood on the jetway and thanked every disembarking passenger for flying with UA. What a role model for all commercial airline pilots!
Ah, awesome story! Trust me, he's not joining FT, but he loves meeting all the FT'ers he can! You did the right thing, whenever you have the opportunity to meet him be sure to introduce yourself as an FT'er, and he'll immediately recognize you as one of the "trekkies of the sky," as he calls us. Out of curiosity, what route were you flying?