Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Diplomatico spotted my tag on this morning's BWI-SFO. We were both on LAX-BWI last night, but neither of us spotted the other.

I ran into gvdlAD a little while ago in the SFO RCC. I saw his tags as I was waiting in the ticketing line. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to speak with lucky's friend new "friend" today...

Last edited by BOISJC744; May 26, 2008 at 10:30 pm
Old May 26, 2008, 5:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

I met MrEnigma at the Sheraton Heathrow a few days ago. He had come in from Asia; I was headed out.
Old May 26, 2008, 6:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I just met a Flyertalker in the DTW mens' bathroom (concourse A). It was a brief encounter and I didn't catch his name.
Old May 26, 2008, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Not a story but a question: do you keep a tally of your FT-tag spotting?
I've only spotted them on the bags of FTers at a Do or walking into one, rather than in the wild.

I guess if you are at DFW, LAX, PHX you'd be blase on the tally.
For advanced spotters, have you spotted them on checked bags on the carousel or just in the lounge/airport/gate?

There has been a spectrum of colour variation on the tags I've seen at Dos. Mine obviously don't get out enough.
Old May 26, 2008, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by izzik
I just met a Flyertalker in the DTW mens' bathroom (concourse A). It was a brief encounter and I didn't catch his name.
Okay, let's get it out of our system...

I didn't know Sen. Craig was a Flyertalker.

There, I feel a lot better.
Old May 27, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
I noticed craig6z's tag when he took his carry on out of the overhead bin just before getting off the plane. He was one row ahead of me in first on a CMH-DEN flight April 30th. Had a nice chat with him in the RCC as we waited for our connecting flights. Also saw PlusOne and Where2next in the security line at HKG after getting off the flight from SIN on May 25th. They had a tight connection so we didn't have a chance to say much more than hi and good bye.
Dan
Old May 31, 2008, 9:06 am

Just ordered a bunch of tags. Normally, not a "yellow" person but I'll make an exception. Sounds fun.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
I met Steve32 in SFO last week when I saw his bright yellow tag. Just bought 2 myself, hoping they work on up coming MRs.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 2:43 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
I seen a gaggle of tags this year

Hsxagent, Jestabillo, MRP Alert, Karen Kay and her FT companion.

The more the merrier.

But Please:

Don't Call the Airline While the Deal is in Play
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
"gate lice"

Not a sighting, but a "hearing"...

I was waiting for UA947 IAD-LAX yesterday, overheard the phrase "gate lice" and turned to ask the guy where he got that term. "Flyertalk", he said. It was camachinist.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
Not a sighting, but a "hearing"...

I was waiting for UA947 IAD-LAX yesterday, overheard the phrase "gate lice" and turned to ask the guy where he got that term. "Flyertalk", he said. It was camachinist.
LMAO, now that's classic!^ Now I'll have to start "RAR'ing" at the gate to see if there are any FT'ers.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
And I have to send greetings to Karen2, who I met (along with her husband) at RDU around 1:00 this morning thanks to her FT luggage tag.

Enjoy the rest of your Mileage Run!
Old Jun 5, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
... I'll have to start "RAR'ing" at the gate to see if there are any FT'ers.
I dare you to "RAR" at the gates. Just don't be surprised when they slap on the straight jacket and haul you off!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 12:23 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Smile

Hey, DM, you beat me to it! That was a hoot.

Pity you did not stay at the same hotel as we did. Hotwire sent us to Extended Stay Deluxe (uh, right) along with 3 employees of US Air (tells you how bad off they are). ESD did not have their reservations. That took a while. Meantime, we were sent off to a room that the maid forgot. Back to lobby. Off to room where we were stunned to see trash on the counter, the hide a bed open and WHOOPS! bare feet sticking out from the covers....Yikes, back to the lobby again. This time, we insisted that an employee check out the room first. US Air got a good laugh BUT we left at 130 am finally to go to our room (air con did not work but we were too tired by then to care) and US Air was still standing in the lobby waiting and waiting...And, oh my, Hotwire wanted to know today what we thought.....
Old Jun 7, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Spotted sbm12 with his tag on his camera bag at JFK's Jamaica Airtran station yesterday. The big yellow tag was spotted as soon as I got to the top of the esculators.

Last edited by Seat13c; Jun 9, 2008 at 6:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.