Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Robt760
I met you in an elevator a hotel in DFW sometime in June of this year....you had tags on all of your bags, hard not to notice.
Yes, we did, and then I ran into a few more, most recently in FRA last weekend ZIPPERPULL
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , HH-diamond, spg gold,hertz 5 star
u bet they work

my latest was at cvg on the 6th of Nov, I was waiting for a flt back to ord and a gal from SEA sat down next to me and we chatted, she was a FT'er, I gave her my last extra yellow tag, couldn't remember her handle(senior moment), I was hoping that she remembered mine. I need to order up more tags.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:46 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
stevenshev noticed my FT tag while boarding our flight to LHR earlier this week. We both had window seats and neither of our seatmates in C wanted to switch, but we caught up briefly on the way to immigration.
Nice to meet ya! ^
Old Nov 30, 2007, 5:59 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Talking FT tags

How do I get me some FT tags? ^
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
How do I get me some FT tags? ^
three options:

a) at FlyerTalk DOs you can sometimes get luggage tags
b) click here and order
c) meet Randy somewhere on the Planet
Old Nov 30, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by chrissxb
three options:

a) at FlyerTalk DOs you can sometimes get luggage tags
b) click here and order
c) meet Randy somewhere on the Planet
I just looked under the store option.. im currently in asia.. i start my voyage home on the 27th of dec. going to taipei to visit a friend then on the 30th back to the us... would they get here before then?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
I just looked under the store option.. im currently in asia.. i start my voyage home on the 27th of dec. going to taipei to visit a friend then on the 30th back to the us... would they get here before then?
They arrived pretty fast for me while I was in the US...

Hopefully I will bump into plenty of people with FT tags tmo in FRA. If I don't, I got lost or my train is running late

See some of you at the DO!!!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA, VA, ZL, Priority Club, HH. Rydges.
They work for me

G-day,
I have just returned from a trip to SIN and back to SYD, although I did not see any FTs and I assume none saw me with my Flyer Tags. How ever, waiting at the carousel for my luggage the luggage came and went but not mine. There was one case left the same as mine but purple mine is blue. Forlornly I went to the lost luggage office and went through the whole exercise of filling in forms and been told they would phone me.
Next thing my luck changed when I saw someone heading to the lost luggage office with my case. Apparently they took it by mistake and it was not until they were at the quarantine scanner that they saw the bright Yellow FT Tag.
So YES the FT Tags do work. ^

Ray
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:44 am

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
So the other day I was in the middle of my hellish 2-day trip, minimum sleep, I'd already worked 2 legs and had one more to go. I had a 3 hour sit in LAX and thought I would walk over to T6 and sit in the outdoor smoking area and enjoy the weather.

I'm reading my paper and someone walks up to me and asks " So you're a FT'er?" It was boifromtroy!

He had just landed and was on his way home, so I just wanted to say it was really nice meeting you and I'm glad you stopped by to say "hi". Now that you're home-put that FT tag on your new bag!

Hope your upcoming travels go well, you have nice crews and you get op-uped on every segment!

Slightly OT-but I was pleasantly surprised to have Cap. Denny Flannigan fly me home that night so all in all it ended up being a good day (Even though it was exhausting!).
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
While waiting to board a UX JFK-IAD flight last week, oldvineszin saw my tags and said hello....
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:25 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
dec-14-2007: While waiting to board the LH MUC-SFO flight, vielflieger spotted my tag on my backpack. We had a very good conversation in first-class afterwards and did exchange business-cards.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I met Lucky9876coins's brother on Amtrak the other day just north of Metropark. Our train broke down and we were waiting to transfer to the other train when he noticed my tag on my briefcase. ^

I expect to meet a few more on SFO-SYD on 12/22; I believe there are a few FTers booked on that day
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like you missed my post about it, sbm12.

Happy to finally know who it was that he met!^
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
Tag Sighting

I met Vulcan and Mrs. Vulcan in the CO PC on 12/13 during a looong weather delay.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 11:51 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by OnAMileHigh
I met Vulcan and Mrs. Vulcan in the CO PC on 12/13 during a looong weather delay.
How precise As you were talking about weather delays, I assume it was in EWR... Still two possibilities of CO PCs left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.