Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Gold MM , HH-diamond, spg gold,hertz 5 star
Smile spotted

on the turn completing my sfo-stl run the last sat. I was spotted by urbangent in ord getting on the plane for his akl cheap c fare run. Actually been spotted fairly regularly the last several months.^^
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Insidetheplane and i got to meet hsxagent and ingy on the way to our various mileage runs in the ord b concourse. love those luggage tags, great to meet you guys--thanks for saying hi! ^
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:19 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by karenkay
Insidetheplane and i got to meet hsxagent and ingy on the way to our various mileage runs in the ord b concourse. love those luggage tags, great to meet you guys--thanks for saying hi! ^
And it was nice meeting you and two others (sorry guys, I can only remember your REAL names, not your handles) on the LAX-HNL flight on Saturday. ^

So did any of you guys clear your upgrade on the HNL-ORD segment? Not surprisingly, I did not.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA1K, UC. AA- EXP, AC, Avis First, Marriott Plat Premier, HH-Diamond
And it was nice meeting you too. ^ I enjoyed our "FT mini-do meeting" in the F galley on the LAX-HNL leg. Karenkay had her UG clear on the HNL-ORD Leg and again ORD-DFW. Renard ended up rerouting through DEN when 002 was delayed. Halothane and I toughed it out in the back. (I had cancelled my UG request before we left.) No biggie, I tried to sleep most of the way back.

I hope you had a great trip to Maui.

Chris

Originally Posted by g_leyser
And it was nice meeting you and two others (sorry guys, I can only remember your REAL names, not your handles) on the LAX-HNL flight on Saturday. ^

So did any of you guys clear your upgrade on the HNL-ORD segment? Not surprisingly, I did not.

Last edited by InsideThePlane; Mar 5, 2008 at 1:55 pm Reason: Old Age
Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
First trip with the flyertalk tags and a guy in my row perks up, saying he spends "way too much time" on the site! I wish I could remember his handle, but I'm amazed to meet another flyertalker the first day with the tags!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: United 1K,MM
Flyertalk Luggage Tags

I have had my luggage tags for at least six months and was walking through SJC when a young man walked up to me and asked my handle. So a big Hello to WackoJacko. It was nice to meet another flyertalker, even if just for a few moments.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM
saw one either on the tram or clearing customs in ATL on Tuesday around 5pm. I had mine on my bag but it was coverd by another bag.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by karenkay
It was nice meeting both of you. I love when the luggage tags work.

Will you guys be doing the Coast to Island DO on 5/16-5/17?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Originally Posted by Baxter&Bessies'Mama
Met the nice couple from DEN at RCC IAD yesterday (sorry missed your screen names). They offered sympathetic ears to my rant about TSA taking my snow globe. I appreciated it!

So FT tags are great!
How dare the TSA take your snow globes!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by hsxagent
How dare the TSA take your snow globes!
Gotta watch those snow globes. If you shake it up some airports, the airport will have major wx delays (DFW). And that's not to mention to mention it getting to the wrong hands. Can trust some people with snow globes. BTW, what is the threat level on snow globes? Do they use the normal colors or is it 2 choices: colorful or white out?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 4:36 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Gotta watch those snow globes. If you shake it up some airports, the airport will have major wx delays (DFW). And that's not to mention to mention it getting to the wrong hands. Can trust some people with snow globes. BTW, what is the threat level on snow globes? Do they use the normal colors or is it 2 choices: colorful or white out?
I would think if it's labeled as under 3.whatever ounces and you include it in your single, one quart zip-lock, they'd have to let it through.

So that's what happened at DFW.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
While waiting to fly UA LAX/IAD last night, BWI Flyer noticed my luggage tag. If I would have been paying attention, I might have noticed his first.

Always nice meeting new Flyertalkers.

dh
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
I was at the speaker registration desk at SD West last week (Software conference in Santa Clara) and the guy taking my registration information saw my FT tag on my laptop bag and he goes "Hey! I haven't seen one of these in YEARS!"

Turned out he was active here many years ago but hasn't traveled or posted in 3-4 years, of course I was a lurker till a couple of years ago, so we never crossed here, but still it was cool to be spotted.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
I've been travelling with my bright yellow FlyerTalk luggage tag conspicuously attached to my rollaboard ever since Mrp Alert presented it to me in September of '06, and have yet to have anyone comment on it.

Still waiting!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz #1 President's Circle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kaukau
I've been travelling with my bright yellow FlyerTalk luggage tag conspicuously attached to my rollaboard ever since Mrp Alert presented it to me in September of '06, and have yet to have anyone comment on it.

Still waiting!
I would have commented on it but you didn't bring it to the Thai restaurant

I really should order some of the FT ones, I'm always needing more luggage tugs. Even the nice overpriced plastic ones from AA break on me after constant use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.