Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 2MM
When I was storing my luggage on UA573 RNO-SFO last week, I saw a FT luggage tag, belonging to BL1KITW. I introduced myself, and as we were talking, the lady in the row behind us spoke up. She was a FTer too! rnocommuter. The flight was only 1/5 full, so I chatted with her during the flight. Imagine meeting 2 RNO FTers for the first time, on one flight.

We naturally discussed UA's flight reductions out of RNO. Unfortunately not surprising given that this early morning flight had at most 25 pax (plane was a TED A320).
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
We naturally discussed UA's flight reductions out of RNO. Unfortunately not surprising given that this early morning flight had at most 25 pax (plane was a TED A320).
Nearly half the pax could have sat in the front cabin. Did they upgrade all the FTers for an unplanned inflight Do in first?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:11 am

Club invites?

I just ordered some tags for us. I'm really the FT person, while DH is really the FF. So, I'll have to warn him jic someone "Flyertalk!s" him. He belongs to CO PC, so if you're nice, maybe he'll invite you along to the club.

Hmm, has there ever been a poll about the percentage on FT who belong to lounges?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Nearly half the pax could have sat in the front cabin. Did they upgrade all the FTers for an unplanned inflight Do in first?
Most pax did have a row to themselves. Of course there is no F flying TED, but FTers do seem to be entitled to E+. Interestingly, although there were only ~ 25 pax on this 45 minutes flight, this fact did not persuade the FAs to offer even a minimal beverage service, such as a cup of coffee or OJ for this 6am hop.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Met fellow FT'er at ATL concouse C 8/11

I bumped into another FTer yesterday, 8/11, at ATL in concourse C as I had just arrived from CAK. Was walking towards Center Point, fellow FTer was going in the opposite direction. Was neat to see that little yellow tag ^

Anyways, was suffering from lack of sleep and had to get over to A04; forgot who it was I met (feel free to respond if you see this msg). Wanted to say great to meet another FTer as I was making my way through the masses at ATL in concourse C. I've done a couple of "Do's" and met FT'ers in lounges via the calendar, but this was the first time I've seen the tag and gone "Hey"

Unfortunately, I didn't have my FT tag on me at the time since my roll-a-board was checked and was using a different backpack for electronic gear.

Anyways, will be at ATL again today around 11:00am to 12:30pm or so -- think I'll be doing the dance from a T gate over to a B gate today... 4th time via ATL in like 5 days... So much easier than ORD.

Well, time to shut the laptop down here and make it to the airport for my flight to ATL and eventually home..

Cheers!

SDF_Traveler
Old Aug 18, 2008, 4:48 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I am posting this from my seat on a UA LGA-ORD flight having just been "spotted" by GBA as he passed my seat and eyeballed my tag in the still-open overhead compartment. No real time to chat so consider this my "nice to meet you!"
Old Aug 25, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K RCC, Marriott Plat Prem, Avis First
I was checking into my hotel 8/15 around midnight (practically 8/16), at the Novato/Sonoma-Marin Courtyard where I met the acquaintance of FlyinHawaiian's backpack with the yellow FT tag.

I had a long drive in from L.A. just prior to checking in, so, I was pretty much toast at the front desk. Meanwhile he walks by and my brain didn't register until I saw the tag, on his way out the door.

The last time we all met was at Encounters@LAX for the MLK transcon Mega DO. Thanks for confirming who I thought I saw, Lucky! ^ It's certainly easy to recognize names/handles and faces but not altogether at the same time.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:39 pm

Location: Happiest Place on Earth~ Mickey's Home: ORLANDO, SUNNY FLORIDA!
Programs: #1 Delta, National, Marriott #2 American, Hertz, Hilton
Red face FlyerTalk Luggage Tag

Okay, so I went a little TOO "FlyerTalk" happy and went ahead and ordered 6 of the "FlyerTalk" Luggage Tags.

http://www.webflyer.com/ft/cart/stor...AAN&n=storetx2

I thought I would be able to write my information on it but basically it is an ad for "FlyerTalk" and says "Priority" at the end of the tag.

I have been getting a lot of looks from people and I am assuming it is to identify your bag, but I have a Cobalt Blue Metallic Tumi T4 Roll aboard, a avocado green Briggs & Riley Computer bag, a Metallic Silver Briggs & Riley Roll aboard and Snow White Remowa Roll aboard. (Yes, I intentionally bought bags that were discontinued to make sure that no one had bags like mine. Besides, they are 3 different sizes, so depending on the time of the year, the type of aircraft and duration of my trip, I switch luggages around).

Anyway, how come I have yet to see ONE single person with a luggage tag from "FlyerTalk"? Nor, has anybody come up to me and said "I am a FTer, too! Nice to meet a fellow FTer!!!"?

What are the benefits of having that luggage tag either on my bag or as a member here?

Oh well, I guess might as well provide "FlyerTalk" free advertising (although I paid close to $10 for them including S&H) since I am allowed to babble on incessantly! Blah blah blah...

Safe Travels and enjoy Labor day weekend!

Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Fly-Me-to-the-Moon!
Anyway, how come I have yet to see ONE single person with a luggage tag from "FlyerTalk"? Nor, has anybody come up to me and said "I am a FTer, too! Nice to meet a fellow FTer!!!"?
I've met a few FTers along the way. Keep looking.

We do have a running thread where FTers have met up:
Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! (merged threads)
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
I've had the FT tags on my carry-ons for over 5 years. In that time, and well over 500K miles, a grand total of *2* fellow FTers have noticed and said something. I've never seen one on someone else's bag.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:38 am
njm

Programs: AGR, CO
I wrote my name, cell phone, e-mail, etc., on the underside of the tags with a thin permanent marker. I guess it might be preferable to have that info covered up, but I'm much more likely to lose a bag somewhere than anything else.

I remember from the old threads that the appropriate greeting if you see someone with the tags is "HEY FLYERTALK!"
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It very much depends on travel pattern and luck, but don't give up. FTers are everywhere.

I'm ashamed to say there have been flights with fellow FTers onboard (complete with tags on their bags) which I've only figured out afterwards. Just luck of draw as to when I board/disembark whether I see their tag or they see mine.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:58 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
It very much depends on travel pattern and luck, but don't give up. FTers are everywhere.

I'm ashamed to say there have been flights with fellow FTers onboard (complete with tags on their bags) which I've only figured out afterwards. Just luck of draw as to when I board/disembark whether I see their tag or they see mine.
exactly right as it's simply the luck of the draw. i have seen exactly what Kiwi Flyer refers to as i caught a parting glimpse of "the yellow tag" while deplaning only to have it become lost in the terminal when i got off the jet way never to be seen again. on the other hand, i literally put my nose up against one while entering the lax-rcc. had my briefcase on the floor and when i bent over to take out tootsie-pops for the rcc folks at the front desk, there it was-the person in front of me had his bag next to mine
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
ASFLyer spotted our tags on our flight from SEA to LAX Thursday evening. Since he was our FA in first, we had a chance to chat during the flight.

I carry a stash of FT luggage tags in my tote and give them away to FlyerTalkers I encounter in my travels.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I never knew they existed. Being such a newcomer with souch to learn. I'm off to get myself a few.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.