Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 7:44 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Had my first random encounter in some time on UA 886 SFO-ORD last night. It was a typical 2-class 67 experience: overheads overfull and FC packed to the gills. And natch the overhead projector was on the fritz.

But first Fade Forward noticed my bag tag and said hello. Then apparently Nomad noticed Fade Forward's bag tag.

We all stopped by the RCC at ORD and chatted waiting for our connections.

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:21 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
No implication whatsoever, oh CAPITAL-CHALLENGED one. I usually don't carry my bag from my room to the Executive Lounge every time I want to eat or drink.
LOL if you think he is capital challenged - try doing chat with Goalie !!! J/K

I have just recently been given my very first Flyertalk tag from a kind friend who had a spare ^. I am going to be sporting it for ALL to see on my next long haul MR - I do hope to meet some unsuspecting Fters very soon . Impromptu lounge DO's maybe?? (Oh and BTW I need to be guested in please ).
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:24 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
My FT tag has been transferred to my new rollaboard laptop case! Here's hoping someone spots me. Generally I'm flying around BNA, CHI, NYC, PHL, and occasionally AUS & YXE - connecting primarily in NW/DL hubs (MSP, MEM, DTW, and ATL).
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
Originally Posted by kokonutz
But first Fade Forward noticed my bag tag and said hello. Then apparently Nomad noticed Fade Forward's bag tag.

We all stopped by the RCC at ORD and chatted waiting for our connections.

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK!
Indeed they do! That was a real pleasure. Wish I would've stayed at the RCC longer, too, as my flight ended up delayed 30 minutes at the gate and another 45 minutes on the tarmac.

I sure wish I could minimize time on the domestic 767, but it looks like I've got another one coming up in 10 days, alas.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:07 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by fadeforward
Indeed they do! That was a real pleasure. Wish I would've stayed at the RCC longer, too, as my flight ended up delayed 30 minutes at the gate and another 45 minutes on the tarmac.

I sure wish I could minimize time on the domestic 767, but it looks like I've got another one coming up in 10 days, alas.
lol, I had a gate change and a delay too...and worst of all the RCC bar at B5 had closed. Then the classic 'Your captain here, folks. We are currently number 19 for takeoff.' Good old ORD in the rain.

I'll try to think of you Friday when I'm laying flat on the other kind of 767 heading to DME.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:24 pm

Best flight ever!

I was waiting to board my UScareways flight from PHL to PHX and a woman came up to me and pointed out my tag and asked me who I was and introduced herself as Honeytoes. We ended up sitting next to each other in first class and had the BEST TIME EVER!

I haven't flown US in a LONG time so it was awesome to sit next to a US expert who gave me all the info and what meal to select and that the FA's like to hoard the cheddar Sun Chips and you have to ASK for them as they are often not in the snack basket!

If I didn't have a flyertalk luggage tag I would have sat next to her tho whole flight and we probably wouldn't have said more than two sentences to each other!

FlyerTalk luggage tags DEFINITELY work!
Old Apr 27, 2009, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We met Spaceman yesterday at IAD. Walking through the terminal on our way to the RCC, I spotted the familiar yellow tag.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:29 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Burj
I was waiting to board my UScareways flight from PHL to PHX and a woman came up to me and pointed out my tag and asked me who I was and introduced herself as Honeytoes. We ended up sitting next to each other in first class and had the BEST TIME EVER!

I haven't flown US in a LONG time so it was awesome to sit next to a US expert who gave me all the info and what meal to select and that the FA's like to hoard the cheddar Sun Chips and you have to ASK for them as they are often not in the snack basket!

If I didn't have a flyertalk luggage tag I would have sat next to her tho whole flight and we probably wouldn't have said more than two sentences to each other!

FlyerTalk luggage tags DEFINITELY work!
Yes, it is true! Best flight ever (perhaps barring the unexpected op-up on my recent MUC-PHL trip).

I had my NC headphones on the whole trip, but they were around my neck, not on my ears, as I would usually do.

Thanks for the great chat, Burj!

Methinks that purchasing a FT tag or two is in my future...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Inaugural FT Luggage Tag Trip

I was heading back from the Freddies, on my inaugural trip with my Flyertalk Bag Tags, and was snapping a few pics in the LH Senator lounge at IAD when I was called out by "ZRS70" who was heading to FRA on United.

Chatted for a few minutes before we both had to run.

Can't wait to run into my next FTer along the way!

d.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 4:43 pm

Returning to PHL from PHX and right when they called Zone 1 boarding a youngish guy asked me about my FT tag!

I didn't quite catch his name but when I asked if he had been on a MR he said he was returning from Hawaii with his Mom, they sat in front of me but slept most of the flight so I didn't want to disturb them...

I was also tired after a long weekend with friends so wasn't up for chatting much...

So if he is reading this sorry for we didn't get a chance to talk more, but thanks for saying hello! It is always great to run into other FT-ers!

I'm curious now about the ratio of passengers carried versus FT members for various airlines! Haven't flown US in a LONG time and now I've met people (thanks to my tags) both coming and going! Never had this rate of success on DL/NW flights!
Old May 3, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 2K, BD Gold, DL/NW Gold, SPG Plat, MRW Silver, Hertz PC
My tag was spotted by somebody (who's handle I forgot to write down) in the LH lounge at IAD on Sat May-2. Had a nice chat while I enjoyed my pretzel and gummi bears.

Same day I was spotted by lucky9876coins while I was stepping off UA863 JFK-SFO. Had a quick chat in the RCC and then I ran back out to ride the same plane back to JFK.
Old May 3, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: United Airlines / Hilton
How long does it take to get FT tags?

Hi Everyone -

Just ordered my tags last week and was looking to know how long it has taken others to receive them? I am doing a MR in a few weeks and was hoping to have them in time in hopes to say "hi" to other FTers (the website said 4-6 weeks).

Just curious will anyone be in ORD or SFO on 5/16? Thanks!

Last edited by NDFAN1976; May 3, 2009 at 7:34 pm
Old May 3, 2009, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by NDFAN1976
Hi Everyone -

Just ordered my tags last week and was looking to know how long it has taken others to receive them? I am doing a MR in a few weeks and was hoping to have them in time in hopes to say "hi" to other FTers (the website said 4-6 weeks).

I don't remember exactly how long mine took, but 4-6 weeks sounds like an awefully long time, I can't imagine mine too that long to arrive. It is a great investment because even if you don't meet anyone other passangers will notice it says "Priority" in nice big letters!

I didn't meet anyone through them for a while but recently they have been really great.
Old May 4, 2009, 1:43 am

Programs: QF, HHons.
Originally Posted by NDFAN1976
Hi Everyone -

You will probably get them within the next week or so. I ordered mine last month and received them exactly two weeks after ordering. I'll use mine next weekend for the first time.
Old May 4, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by PeteJ
You will probably get them within the next week or so. I ordered mine last month and received them exactly two weeks after ordering. I'll use mine next weekend for the first time.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, PeteJ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.