Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
the hat works well too

Mr. Silver Springer was spotted on Monday in his flyertalk hat as we were deplanning at IAD. We have both luggage tags and his hat. This is definitely a conversation starter. It has worked best in the Red Carpet Club, IMHO.

If you see us, say hi!
Old Jul 23, 2006, 12:50 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
I've had only one current person recognize my tag, a TSA officer in OGG

But.... I sure have had a lot of questions about it in Club rooms, airports, and on planes.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:22 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I spotted a yellow FT tag hanging off a backpack while boarding UA flight 850 (ORD-IAD) last night. Introduced myself to Exerda. ^
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Since joining, I've looked and looked and looked, but not seen a single FT tag. I guess I'm always in the wrong places at the wrong time. I need to get some of my own and make a statement.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I put my FT tags on all the luggage going KOA-SFO. Don't know if it's a coincidence, but the luggage came out with all the priority luggage (it seemed that there was also luggage that wasn't priority there as well, that's why I'm not sure).
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:53 pm

FT Luggage Tag Sighting

I was on UA 255 from DEN-LAX this afternoon and ran into another FT member sporting their luggage tag. I've had one person comment on my tag at MCI, but this is the first time I'd seen somebody else rocking their tag. ^

Nice meeting you, and I hope your remaining segment(s?) went smoothly.

On edit: I put this in the UA forum because it was a UA flight. Should I have posted this elsewhere? Update: Thanks for the move!

Last edited by dismal_scientist; Aug 28, 2006 at 12:19 am
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by dismal_scientist
I was on UA 255 from DEN-LAX this afternoon and ran into another FT member sporting their luggage tag...
Is there a link somewhere with a template for FT luggage tags? I saw someone coming off of a UA international flight a few months ago with a FT tag and introduced myself, but he basically blew me off. I didn't blame him; our flight sucked.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by DimSum
Is there a link somewhere with a template for FT luggage tags? I saw someone coming off of a UA international flight a few months ago with a FT tag and introduced myself, but he basically blew me off. I didn't blame him; our flight sucked.
You can purchase them here .

Lame that you got blown off.

I think I'm going to start carrying extra, laminated priority luggage tags to hand out to anybody calling me out on my FT tag.

Priority Tag
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:13 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm still waiting for my first luggage tag sighting.....

Since the general topic of luggage tag sightings is wider than UA, I'm going to move this to the Community forum where have been similar threads.

cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:19 am

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
I've still yet to spot or be spotted with mine :-\
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:48 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by DimSum
Is there a link somewhere with a template for FT luggage tags?
Show up at a San Diego FT dinner - and let me know ahead of time you're coming - and I'll bring one for you.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Show up at a San Diego FT dinner - and let me know ahead of time you're coming - and I'll bring one for you.
SD FT Dinner?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I've stopped using my tags (keep shifting equipment), but was never the spottee/spotter. Spiff caught me at the ORD AC because I was reading FT on their computers when he walked behind me... so that sorta counts, right?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:27 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Still waiting for mine. Would be nice to get em in before my next MR, but unless it shows up tomorrow...
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Since my carry-on is usually a backpack, I don't know about having the FT tag on it. I do have the FT pin on it but it's very small that you have to stand right behind me to notice it.

I do have the FT tag on my checked-in luggage.
You know what's interesting .. last time I flew SEA-MSP-MEM-FLL, my luggage was the 4th or 5th luggage that came out of the carousel in FLL. Do you think it's because of the PRIORITY writings on the tag?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.