Reload this Page >

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:37 am

Programs: UA1P, SK S, BA B, SPG G, Hyatt G, HH G, HM Revenue & Customs Lifetime MilkCow Platinum Plus
Those FlyerTalk tags from FlyerTalk store, how reliable are they?

Do they look/feel like they are going to stay where they are attached - it is not likely that they are going to be yanked off by the first conveyor belt is it?
Thanks.

(Planning to stock up on those.)
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've got a FT tag on my suitcases and on my computer bag but I've yet to be approached by another FTer. So far they seem to be durable as I've yet lose one.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:22 pm
DWP

Programs: UA 1K (thanks to UCBeau and Lucky), RCC, Fallen Hyatt Diamond
FT luggage tags

I've been waiting 16 days since I placed the order. They are very slow! Somneone was on vacation, so nothing got done for a week!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Andrius
Those FlyerTalk tags from FlyerTalk store, how reliable are they?

Do they look/feel like they are going to stay where they are attached - it is not likely that they are going to be yanked off by the first conveyor belt is it?
Thanks.

(Planning to stock up on those.)
Conveyor belt? Unlikely. Baggage Handler? Occasionally.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We have had FlyerTalk tags on our luggage for, I believe, the last seven years--well ever since Randy first gave them to us, and IIRC it was at the original PIP in 1999. Over the years we have picked up quite a few more tags at parties here and there, which is a good thing.

Whenever a FlyerTalker spots our tags and comments on them, we give them the tag. We have a few more left, but should probably replenish our supply before we run out.

Sharing FlyerTalk is a small step toward spreading goodwill, commraderie, and peace in our world.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA1P, SK S, BA B, SPG G, Hyatt G, HH G, HM Revenue & Customs Lifetime MilkCow Platinum Plus
Thanks guys. Ordering them today. ^
Old Sep 3, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Yes, They Really Work!!

For the very FIRST time ever, spotted a FT luggage tag in the AC at ORD -- it was JDiver, and we were all on our way to Europe!!
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:59 am
jhm

I had a FT luggage tag (with a certain part cut off ) on my roll-a-board and trundled my way through BRU-FRA-SIN-CGK-SIN-CGK-SIN-SGN-SIN-PEK-PVG/SHA-PEK-KIX-BKK-NRT-LAX-YVR-YYC-JFK-FRA-LHR over a fortnight recently but nothing.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:52 pm

I was in the CRC in ATL on 8/30 and saw TheZipper's FT'er tag as he was leaving and introduced myself. Of all the trips I've taken I always keep a look out for other FT'ers and this is the first time I've met anybody. Too bad he didn't have time to chat.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
I met a fellow FTer just a couple days ago in the HNL Red Carpet Club; I noticed the FT tag on his carry-on. Interestingly enough, we had taken the same shuttle to the airport, and he noticed my FT tags on my check-in luggage (I guess during the agricultural screening), but I had left the area before he had a chance to approach me. He and his wife were flying HNL-ORD in F, but I was in Y, since I didn't want to spend my miles to upgrade.

Unfortunately I don't remember his name (BelvedereFlyer I think?) but it was cool meeting another FTer through the tags.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Finally A Luggage Tag Spotting

Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
Dear Fellow Ft'ers,

Coming off of CO 3061 CLT-EWR today, my Flyertalk Yellow Luggage Tag enabled me to meet another Flyertalker....
First time someone had recongnized my tag and started a conversation. An overall positive experience ...

Anyone else have a positive FT Luggage Tag experience?

- HobokenFlyer
After 5 years on FlyerTalk, with my yellow FT "Priority" tag always on my carry-on bag, I met dhammer53 and his wife today at the DEN West RCC, as I was heading for the bar. (The East RCC is closed, so the West was busy.) He introduced himself and we had a chance to chat, but regretably he had to leave shortly for his flight. (I had a 3 hour wait.) So I must continue to keep my eye out for these yellow tags.

I notice on the London DO thread, that Randy Petersen has generously agreed to donate "FT luggage tags for everyone" attending. ^
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
My wife met 2 Flyertalkers this weekend. And now that Randy has met Janice (at the HOM in Colorado Springs), I'm sure he'll vouch for me that she really does exist.

I was sitting down at the club, having a drink, minding my own business, when I saw a yellow FT luggage tag walk by. Sorry that I didn't have another hour to spend with restlessinRNO. If I did, we would have shared mileage and point earning opportunities. Isn't that what all Flyertalkers do best?

Dan
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I have those on almost any bag I have with me when travelling.
But I never met anybody because of the yellow tag .
Well, FT is not as popular here in Europe as in the US, but even while travelling in the US or Asia it didn't work

Sometimes I distribute them to other FTers I meet on FT DOs. But less than 5% of all the FTers I personnaly met use them It's a shame!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:18 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Well, if nothing else, at least we now have PROOF (courtesy of restlessinRNO )

There is a mrs. dhammer53
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by delacpa
There is a mrs. dhammer53
I can verify that (there's actually a photo of her on my photo page, but you'll have to guess which album to look in).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.