Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk Luggage Tags WORK! - Encountering Flyertalk Members Unexpectedly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 1:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott titanium , Delta Plat
After almost 2 years of no Ftyer sightings , I met two in one week. Bernoulli777 in the Continental business club in LGW in the middle of a mileage run and darch(I think) in the MSP security circus.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
An "almost" sighting??

Who was running through BNA last Sunday (3 Dec) around 4:00 in the afternoon??

He was really moving fast; however, did notice the "flying" yellow FT luggage tag on his suitcase
Old Jan 4, 2007, 9:05 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Getting on a YX flight the other day, the FA noticed the tag as I was stowing my carry-on in the overhead. He said "Flyertalk, are you? I hope you'll be posting good things about the flight crew!"....
Old Jan 4, 2007, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
Getting on a YX flight the other day, the FA noticed the tag as I was stowing my carry-on in the overhead. He said "Flyertalk, are you? I hope you'll be posting good things about the flight crew!"....
I almost never travel without a Flyertalk luggage tag hanging off my computer case, and keep my eyes peeled for the same. I've never spotted one or been spotted, but I've had mutiple inquiries from DL FA's. Most want to know if that's where the FFs trash their airline. I always tell them to look - there are more bouquets than brickbats.

Maybe this will be the year I spot one of y'all.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR
I've just bought 4 tags today, hopefully will attach it to all of my bags!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:58 am

HP146, today (1/4), who are you?

I spotted your black rollaboard with a bright yellow FT bag-tag in the overhead bin as I was walking by, but with too many people around I didn't want to stop and query everyone in the nearby rows. I think you may have been seated near the exit row if not in it. You were headed from PHX-LIH.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott titanium , Delta Plat
Msp

Who was the angry Ftyer in the gate 5 security line today in MSP around 4:00pm?

I did get to meet BNAflyer in the F/G world club. We were on the same flight to LAX today.^
Old Jan 7, 2007, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by coldfeet
Who was the angry Ftyer in the gate 5 security line today in MSP around 4:00pm?

I did get to meet BNAflyer in the F/G world club. We were on the same flight to LAX today.^
And as I mentioned to coldfeet at the time, this was literally five minutes after I'd been perusing this thread. ^ Nice meeting you and your mom, hope your travels to SoCal this weekend went/are going well.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 9:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

I met fumitani thanks to his bright yellow FT tag, last Friday night as we were both headed down the jetway to fly SIN-CMB.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 7:28 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
So I sit down in 13D on UA838 SFO-IAD this afternoon, and I look up at the 13AB overhead and see an FT baggage tag hanging down. A few seconds later, it dawns on me that a) my bag is in the 13DEF overhead, not 13AB, and b) I have a black "Old Gold sootkase tag" on my laptop bag, not a yellow one. So I got to meet FTer ptony101 who was on his way home to BDL in 13B. ^
Old Apr 29, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
I finally spotted a FT tag! I met a FTer in the RCC at IAD this morning. I have forgotten his handle, but he was going home after the SFO do.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I have never seen anyones with the FT tag but I have been spotted five or six times. Last time at the IC LA elevator.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
After a year of using my tags, only been noticed once, by a FA. Had a good conversation with them. Last month while taking the shuttle back to the car, noticed a FT tag on someones luggage, didn't get their FT handle, but had a short conversationn with them.

While being able to get on a eariler flight, with checked luggage, I am a firm believer that the only reason my luggage made it was because of the FT tag. Gate agaent got me on the plane (departing in 1/2 hour) and asked about any checked luggage. Told her it was a normal black roller, but had this really neat, bright yellow tag on it. She said that she would try to get it on. Low and behold, upon arrival, it was there. Saved my a trip back to the airport 6 hours later. All because of my FT tag.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
bikeguy tapped me on my back when he saw the FT tag on my rollerboard. I've just arrived in DCA for the Freddies
Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:46 am

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
I met Offarock yesterday in SFO-he spotted my FT tag.

Aside to Offarock- You need to post more! It was nice to meet you yesterday and hope you had a great holiday at home!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.