Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by compubit
Glad the package made it safely. Hope you enjoy the Reese's, Little Debbie Brownies, and the other goodies once you open then. You do have to share the goodies with your kids!

Jim
Thanks Santa

Indeed I did enjoy the little debbies and I EVEN saved one for the kids (one each of course ) though they have to wait for the weekend unlike dad

Reeses are for dad and mom as kids dont like them WHEW

I allready tried to guess whats in the packages but I was able to guess on only ONE so great jon packing and mystery the. Again come xmas even I may find I guessed wrong on the one I was sure about has been known to happen

Thanks again! Looking forward to xmas eve

Last edited by kauppias; Dec 8, 2016 at 7:28 pm Reason: Darn typo :)
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I arrived home from work (long day with work and holiday open house at work afterwards) to find a wonderful package from Wine.com waiting for me! Inside were 2 bottles of wine from Sonoma County-a 2014 Ridge East Bench Zinfandel and a 2014 Complicated Chardonnay from Secret Santa Melissa (PBJAG). Thanks very much-it was very thoughtful of you to pick out both a yummy red and a yummy white-looking forward to enjoying both bottles! While post pictures when I am more awake
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:30 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Complicated Chardonnay? :-)

That is a first for me... but then again I am not a wine drinker!

Originally Posted by BXIAN
I arrived home from work (long day with work and holiday open house at work afterwards) to find a wonderful package from Wine.com waiting for me! Inside were 2 bottles of wine from Sonoma County-a 2014 Ridge East Bench Zinfandel and a 2014 Complicated Chardonnay from Secret Santa Melissa (PBJAG). Thanks very much-it was very thoughtful of you to pick out both a yummy red and a yummy white-looking forward to enjoying both bottles! While post pictures when I am more awake
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
As some of you know, HeadElf53 has another hobby in addition to miles and points.

The Complicated Chard is a nice wine.
The Ridge Zin is a very nice wine.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by HeadElf53
As some of you know, HeadElf53 has another hobby in addition to miles and points.

The Complicated Chard is a nice wine.
The Ridge Zin is a very nice wine.
As a native Californian, I've always preferred the local product to French wine. The '84 Ridge York Creek Zin was and always will be my all-time favorite wine.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 9, 2016 at 3:28 pm
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Yay

I received a lovely and thoughtful gift from someone called Beth. I resisted the urge to open the package for all of two seconds. Two sets from Origin Cosmetics that so happens to be one of my favorite brands. I also received a set of pint glasses for beer, which I love. Thank you so much! This is my third straight year of awesome presents.
Attached Images     
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
You are welcome - enjoy! Good wine is essential after long days at work
Ridge Zin was one of the first "very nice" wines to which I was introduced many many years ago while still in college.

There is another package en route containing a different type of stress reliever aka indulgence...

Last edited by pbjag; Dec 9, 2016 at 4:04 pm
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Thank you

Thank you to my ss- don't know his ft handle and I don't want to use his real name. One of his two packages arrived. A photo is attached!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 10, 2016, 3:09 am

got a package at work from SteveHK today! Thanks so much for the game! There's a lot of parts to it and it looks to be quite a gem-looking forward to part 2 as well!

Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:43 am

Came back home last night from a business trip to SEA, to find i had received an awesome Leaper vintage canvas backpack from durberville. It's super cool, has tons of handles and different ways to carry it around... I've already switched all my stuff and am eager to try it out on the field.

Anyways I love it!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Thatguyatthebar; Dec 10, 2016 at 9:48 am Reason: Changed the picture to one that didn't have my name so obviously displayed
Old Dec 10, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Santa came!

For the second year I have been privileged to have samosa as my secret santa. Along with a nice card of congratulations on my new job I received some great travel items. Very thoughtful gifts and a great way to start the holiday season.

Thanks again and merry Christmas to you too.

Once I figure out how to post pics I will do so.
Attached Images  

Last edited by grbflyer; Dec 13, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: ??????????
Thank You D'Uberville

Got home today after some Secret Santa shopping of my own to a package solely intended for the newest member of our family. Her name is Poppy and she's sampled each of the treats shown and is thrilled.

We're really picky when it comes to what we feed our pup and appreciate the thoughtfulness of making sure she gets presents! PetEden makes fancy stuff ^

Thank you D'Uberville

Old Dec 10, 2016, 2:46 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Smile

Gift received from Secret Santa

1: Novel Turn Right at Machu Picchu. Very interested to read this before I go in April!

2: Wool Base Layer thermal. Useful for those cold cold nights at 13,000ft!

Many thanks to whoever it was, very practical and thoughtful gifts!

Happy Christmas!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Originally Posted by steveman518
got a package at work from SteveHK today! Thanks so much for the game! There's a lot of parts to it and it looks to be quite a gem-looking forward to part 2 as well!

That's a great game - it's one of the ones my game group plays early on with new folks - it's easy to play (plus it gives us some insight into their game style for when things heat up!)

Jim
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Glad that you liked the selections and that they arrived quickly Enjoy!
Beth (BXIAN)

Originally Posted by Glamette
I received a lovely and thoughtful gift from someone called Beth. I resisted the urge to open the package for all of two seconds. Two sets from Origin Cosmetics that so happens to be one of my favorite brands. I also received a set of pint glasses for beer, which I love. Thank you so much! This is my third straight year of awesome presents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.