next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
See everyone tonight.

Btw, I did not make reservations, as I'm hopeful that a Monday night won't be too busy (also I've been really busy and just haven't had time to do it). So, if whoever gets there first alerts the staff that we'll be a group of probably 8-10, that couldn't hurt.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I called across the street and they now have a table for us at 7PM under the name of "Flyer Talk." See you all between 645 and 7 at the bar.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
It was good to see everyone. The restaurant was pretty good too. Some new folks and some folks I remembered.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
It was good to see everyone. The restaurant was pretty good too. Some new folks and some folks I remembered.
As a "new folk," I had a great time and look to be one of the remembered ones next time!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:34 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
subscribed to this thread. Maybe free next time.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Great to see such a good turnout on a Monday! Thanks to all who came; if you couldn't make it this time, there's always next.

I'll try to schedule something for October, maybe on the weekend of the 19th to 20th, for those for whom weekdays aren't great.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I'll try to schedule something for October, maybe on the weekend of the 19th to 20th, for those for whom weekdays aren't great.
Hmm, I might be able to come down for that. I get back from ANC on 10/16 and have a MR to BOS on 10/25, so the weekend in between would work.

That is, if I don't want to sleep for a week straight after having been traveling literally nonstop since 6/1.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Would folks prefer Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th? Any preferences/suggestions for location? Let's shoot for something METRO-accessible, if possible (even though there's likely to be a portion of one or more subway lines closed for major track work).
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Would folks prefer Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th? Any preferences/suggestions for location?
The 19th looks out, but the 20th should work. Because of the possibility of Metro track work, I vote for someplace along the Orange Line between Courthouse and Ballston in Arlington, so I can walk or bikeshare over even if Metro's out of commission
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
The WMATA website shows the only shutdown that weekend is on the Red Line. I expect there will be single tracking on other lines, especially the Orange Line.

From my standpoint, the 20th is probably better and further west is better as I need to be in Reston during the afternoon.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Might lunch on Sunday the 20th work? If he can make it, jackal would be coming down from PA and something that gives him plenty of time to get back would probably be advisable.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Lunch might work for me. Sunday evenings I should see my parents in Baltimore.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Might lunch on Sunday the 20th work? If he can make it, jackal would be coming down from PA and something that gives him plenty of time to get back would probably be advisable.
I'm flexible, but that would sure be nice.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: united, american, alaska

Brunch would be better than lunch from my standpoint, especially if it is around Clarendon or points west.

But the out of towners should, of course, be a priority.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhnadel
But the out of towners should, of course, be a priority.
It's a shorter drive from PA to DC than from Anchorage to Seward. And I've driven from Anchorage to Seward for lunch (and a 3,000-foot mountain hike). From my Alaskan perspective, I'm hardly an out-of-towner. I think I can make whatever happens work out.

That said, if I make it down, I may come down Saturday and stay overnight. Hotels on the weekends are cheap enough, and there's always more to see and do in the area. Can't pass up an excuse to check out a few more things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.