FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I'd travel north for a baseball game . Were you thinking something near a metro/MARC?

Originally Posted by farbster
Is this group pretty firm in meeting in DC or does it ever make its way up to Baltimore (or even Columbia)?
Old May 30, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
I would make the trip to Camden as well if we were talking about a Mon, Tues, or Wed night game. The Angels are in town in a couple of weeks.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:39 am

I was sorta asking out of curiosity...Not sure what kind I could do, just wondering if anyone ever made their way north of DC...Don't wanna push my luck too much, especially after I did get to go to FTU DC. I will watch to see what is going on and maybe, just maybe I can get the green light.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Anything going on around the 4th of July time frame?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by farbster
I was sorta asking out of curiosity...Not sure what kind I could do, just wondering if anyone ever made their way north of DC...Don't wanna push my luck too much, especially after I did get to go to FTU DC. I will watch to see what is going on and maybe, just maybe I can get the green light.
I live near Annapolis & occasionally work out towards Columbia. I make my way north of DC probably 90% of the time!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K
It's definitely time for another DC-area happy hour. How do folks schedules look like over the next couple of weeks?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisw
It's definitely time for another DC-area happy hour. How do folks schedules look like over the next couple of weeks?
No disagreement here. Time for another. Thursday August 8 works for us.

Last edited by monitor; Jul 20, 2013 at 3:11 pm Reason: Remembered what month we are going to be there.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by monitor
No disagreement here. Time for another. Thursday August 8 works for us.
August 8th would work for me.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
As of now, 8/8 looks auspicous. Should we eat Chinese food?
tom
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Thursdays are generally difficult for me, but I'll see what I can do. Is it time to revisit Clarendon/Courthouse? Any dining spots in the area we should consider?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Is it time to revisit Clarendon/Courthouse? Any dining spots in the area we should consider?
Not to butt in, but I can highly, highly recommend Ray's to the Third, on Wilson about halfway between Courthouse and Rosslyn stations, as having one of the best burgers I've ever had (it's a descendant of the original Ray's Hell Burger). Hint to those walking: go to Courthouse, as it'll be a downhill walk to the restaurant...when leaving the restaurant, you can keep walking downhill to the east to Rosslyn. (Trust me, I know this from personal experience.)

Esteemed FlyerTalker CMK10 is a fan of Hard Times, straight across the street from the escalators up from the Clarendon station. I assume you guys haven't been, since GoingAway was not familiar with it. Burgers are good but nothing spectacular, but they have several selections of chili to top your items with. Mmm.

Wish I could join, but I'll be in BUR for a family wedding while you're munching away. Enjoy!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thursdays are generally difficult for me, but I'll see what I can do. Is it time to revisit Clarendon/Courthouse? Any dining spots in the area we should consider?
Clarendon/Courthouse works very well for us since we are probably going to be in at the Westin in Ballston.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by monitor
Clarendon/Courthouse works very well for us since we are probably going to be in at the Westin in Ballston.

Right in Ballston, I've seen a couple of good reviews for Rus-Uz. Admittedly Russian and Uzbeki food is not quite what comes to mind for August, but it could be worth a try. And it looks pretty inexpensive.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I've been able to clear my calendar, so let's officially confirm Thursday, August 8 as the next DC Happy Hour. Now, we just have to settle on a location . . .
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Kabob Bazaar has some good Iranian/Persian food and it's right outside a metro stop

website

I've been able to clear my calendar, so let's officially confirm Thursday, August 8 as the next DC Happy Hour. Now, we just have to settle on a location . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.