FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:16 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Just got back from the FTU when I saw my first AA 10MMiler!
He was also a lifetime SPG Platinum and his SPG card was heavy metal.

We are leaving DC on the 8th early AM for NRT, but will try to meet the visiting evangelist from down under if free that Fri, June 7.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I work downtown and can meet up for lunch and/or drinks (and provide tourist info if needed)

Cheers

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Just a heads up, there might be 3 FTers from CBR in DC from 2nd to 8th of June. A meetup with the local DC FTers is on our plans should the destination be confirmed.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'll keep an eye on this thread - to be there on the 7th, I'll need to change some bookings.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
I am reasonably sure I am available on the 7th. The 6th is iffy as I may need to be in Los Angeles.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
7th will probably work for me. Flying back from Knoxville on 6th (I know all the exciting places that end in -ville this spring.)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mot29
...(I know all the exciting places that end in -ville this spring.)
And on the 6th and the 7th we will be in Louisville, one of your recent -ville visits.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffI
We are leaving DC on the 8th early AM for NRT, but will try to meet the visiting evangelist from down under if free that Fri, June 7.
Originally Posted by thegrailer
I work downtown and can meet up for lunch and/or drinks (and provide tourist info if needed) ...
Originally Posted by mhnadel
I am reasonably sure I am available on the 7th. The 6th is iffy as I may need to be in Los Angeles.
Originally Posted by mot29
7th will probably work for me. Flying back from Knoxville on 6th (I know all the exciting places that end in -ville this spring.)
If you can work out a venue for the 7th, I'll make some flight changes coming from MCO to be there, arriving mid afternoon.

I have no food preference other than I like to eat!

Looking at prices & times, DCA is most cost/time effective, then IAD.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 30, 2013 at 8:19 pm
Old May 1, 2013, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
I work downtown and can meet up for lunch and/or drinks (and provide tourist info if needed)

Cheers
I'm fairly open too for lunch, drinks, whatever.

For those aiming to meet on the 7th that may work for me but can't commit yet. My birthday is on the 6th and there's a chance I'll be doing something for it that Friday.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
If you can work out a venue for the 7th, I'll make some flight changes coming from MCO to be there, arriving mid afternoon.
Looking at prices & times, DCA is most cost/time effective, then IAD.
Sadly after rechecking options it looks like I won't be able to make an arrangement for the 7th.

So I shall bow out this time, but will keep an eye here should an opportunity arise in the future.^
Old May 7, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
All too heavy and complicated, gentlemen. I have my own small circle of FT contacts in the area - I'll work with them. Enjoy!
Old May 7, 2013, 11:35 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:15 am
Old May 7, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks for responses... enjoy. I'll stick to the other side of the Potomac. [expletive deleted]
Old May 17, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Just a heads-up I'll be in the area from tonight (17th) through Sunday.

Sounds like GoingAway and I will be possibly meeting up tonight, but plans aren't firm. (Not sure what time I'll be arriving as I'm driving down after finishing up some things this afternoon.)

No concrete plans for Saturday except wandering aimlessly and catching up on being a tourist in DC. Sunday I may be occupied but specifics aren't yet confirmed.
Old May 17, 2013, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jackal
Just a heads-up I'll be in the area from tonight (17th) through Sunday.

Sounds like GoingAway and I will be possibly meeting up tonight, but plans aren't firm. (Not sure what time I'll be arriving as I'm driving down after finishing up some things this afternoon.)

No concrete plans for Saturday except wandering aimlessly and catching up on being a tourist in DC. Sunday I may be occupied but specifics aren't yet confirmed.
Looks like this is morphing into a Star Trek: Into Darkness movie night--on real IMAX! Going Away and I will be attending the 8:55pk showing in the Airbus Theater at the Stephen R. Udvar-Hazy Center at Dulles Airport.

Tickets are $15 ($12 for Smithsonian members, which I am); parking is free in the evenings.

I may be able to provide a ride from the Reston area, but no guarantees yet. Dinner before hand may also be a possibility.

I have not yet secured tickets, as the box office (which I need to call to get my discount) is closed for the evening, but I will call them in the morning and confirm my ticket and also check to see how much space is left. There are currently at least nine tickets left, the most you can purchase online in a single transaction, so I'm not worried about them selling out in the next 10 hours. I will post here as soon as possible to gets our reserved and I'm confirmed. Hope to see others there!

Last edited by jackal; May 17, 2013 at 9:31 pm
Old May 23, 2013, 1:52 pm

Is this group pretty firm in meeting in DC or does it ever make its way up to Baltimore (or even Columbia)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.