Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:26 pm
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
It's been a few years since I've made a gathering.

If space (or alternate venue) opens up on the 13th I think I can make it.

The 25th is a maybe.

So much travel coming up...
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by mhnadel
I've made a reservation for 4 people for Westend Bistro for January 13th at 7:00 p.m.

mhnadel
gvdiad
jackal
DCA writer

I will also keep a wait list. (I did look for tables for 6, but that meant either 5:30 p.m. or 9 p.m., neither of which is really workable for suburbanites like me.)
Seems they've opened up more availability--a table for 6 worked for me on OpenTable. I'm going to reach out to a long-time FT friend from Alaska who now lives in DC and see if he's interested in joining. If so, can you change the reservation to accommodate?

Last edited by jackal; Jan 9, 2014 at 8:53 pm
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by jackal
Seems they've opened up more availability--a table for 6 worked for me on OpenTable. I'm going to reach out to a long-time FT friend from Alaska who now lives in DC and see if he's interested in joining. If so, can you change the reservation to accommodate?
I can try. I will let folks know on Sunday (when I will be back home.)
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
If spots open on either night, please let me know. I'd be interested.
Thanks
Tom
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can try. I will let folks know on Sunday (when I will be back home.)
Major G has confirmed. So with him and the other interested parties, changing to a table for 6 (or even 7, although that didn't show up on OT) would be a good thing.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:16 pm

West End Bistro

I was able to increase the reservation so it is now for 6 people. That means eap and Major G are in.

I will PM info on name reservation is under tomorrow, when I have had a chance to get a bit caught up on sleep.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was able to increase the reservation so it is now for 6 people. That means eap and Major G are in.

I will PM info on name reservation is under tomorrow, when I have had a chance to get a bit caught up on sleep.
^^

Looking forward to it!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
My Monday has gotten busier than expected, so I'm going to need to withdraw from West End Bistro. Sorry I'll miss catching up (though I will be seeing some of you in SIN next weekend). I'm glad Co Co. Sala is continuing its Restaurant Week menu for two weeks so that I can take advantage of at least one meal deal.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
My Monday has gotten busier than expected, so I'm going to need to withdraw from West End Bistro. Sorry I'll miss catching up (though I will be seeing some of you in SIN next weekend). I'm glad Co Co. Sala is continuing its Restaurant Week menu for two weeks so that I can take advantage of at least one meal deal.
mot29, you have cleared the wait list.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry we won't get to see each other! 'Til next time!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:32 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
It was great to meet everyone last night. Special thanks to jackal for the drink chits. They will help for my short flight to India in Economy tomorrow...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Unfortunately I haven't made the last several events, but would there be interest in a weeknight (Tue/Wed best) event in the Clarendon area? If so, I can coordinate....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

One seat has opened up for Saturday night's dinner at Co Co. Sala at 6:00 pm. Here's the $35.14 Restaurant Week Menu. Please post if you'd like to join us.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:15 am
Original Poster

There's still one seat available for tonight, just in case someone's decided that a restaurant known to have excellent hot chocolate drinks (as well as a large selection of cocktails) is just the place to be on a cold winter's night.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 6:47 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
There's still one seat available for tonight, just in case someone's decided that a restaurant known to have excellent hot chocolate drinks (as well as a large selection of cocktails) is just the place to be on a cold winter's night.
Just saw this. Will try to make it to next one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.